StoneAgeGamer and Terraonion Pre-Orders for NeoSD Pro AES/MVS

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It seemed like once the Pro came out, everyone forgot about the original. They didn't even bother making more of them this time.

That one doesn't even have the fast ram slot, right? So count me out.
Yeah it's just one flash slot with the Old NeoSD.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
The original was also made out of the cheapest and flimsiest plastic, holy cow. Gotta hand it to TerraOnion, since that one their products have been extremely high quality, physically speaking.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
That and you need a special romset created solely for that cart. I enjoy my vanilla neo sd. Never had any issues with it at all. I've been tempted in the past for the pro versions but the NGCD support doesn't interest me when I have it running on my mister.

If you get a cart, get a blue v3 at this point. I have the banana v2 and it is what it is, lol.

There's also a thread on arcade projects where you can get a modded v3 it seems with proper romset and all the fluff is taken out. Have a look.

Lately, they haven't been common on sites like eBay. But as word spreads about how many current batches of these pros are defective, there might be a small boom on resale in the coming months. So possibly yeah, even more so.

does it glitch because of the reset.cfg?

For the price of this cart on AP, its not too bad. You just need to show you bought Xenocrisis to get that one added. But once the cart is done, what you see is what you get with it though.

I'd personally recommend the neosd though but since the issue with the pro's are happening at the moment, you would pay a decent price of an OG version.
That and you need a special romset created solely for that cart. I enjoy my vanilla neo sd. Never had any issues with it at all. I've been tempted in the past for the pro versions but the NGCD support doesn't interest me when I have it running on my mister.

If you get a cart, get a blue v3 at this point. I have the banana v2 and it is what it is, lol.

There's also a thread on arcade projects where you can get a modded v3 it seems with proper romset and all the fluff is taken out. Have a look.

The more I read about this the more interested I am in it , only 2 downsides I can see , 1 guy trying to do all the work all by himself and Garou MOTW beta rom , apart from that seems like a great option compared to $600 Multi cart

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
The more I read about this the more interested I am in it , only 2 downsides I can see , 1 guy trying to do all the work all by himself and Garou MOTW beta rom , apart from that seems like a great option compared to $600 Multi cart
Yeah, I did see that with the beta from which makes no sense as to why not just put the complete rom there. But hey, I guess since he's doing the work, it should go his way. Theoretically, one can also do this, but they need great skill.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Yeah, I did see that with the beta from which makes no sense as to why not just put the complete rom there. But hey, I guess since he's doing the work, it should go his way. Theoretically, one can also do this, but they need great skill.
It's something to do with the cart , it won't take the proper garou rom due to a mapper or something ,all above my head. :p

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
SAG says my NeoSD works fine for them :(

Which really sucks because it didn't work at all for me and yet my other one does. So I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a cart that might be useless to me and questionable to boot. I wish Krikzz made a Neo Geo cart :(

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I would ask for a refund. They will return it but it probably won't work for you anyway. Don't waste more money and time on it.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I would ask for a refund. They will return it but it probably won't work for you anyway. Don't waste more money and time on it.
Yeah, that's what I did just after I posted that. You're right, there's no point in taking a risk that I don't have to.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
And to SAG's credit they issued a refund no questions asked. My first time dealing with them and they were great.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
SAG says my NeoSD works fine for them :(

Which really sucks because it didn't work at all for me and yet my other one does. So I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a cart that might be useless to me and questionable to boot. I wish Krikzz made a Neo Geo cart :(
SAG wouldn't really say it doesn't work since they bought in bulk. I don't know if they test everyone. I know asides from some having sd slot issues. I use PNY sd cards instead of sandisk and have had no issues. But that is also my pref. I guess everyone goes to sandisk.

But I do admit SAG's customer service isn't bad. I bought a Bluetooth controller port for my CD-i but it didn't work. They let me send it back and gave me a refund.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
SAG got mine back today and said the same thing: it’s supposedly working fine.

wtf is going on? I’m not sure what to do.

@city41 did you ever try a new power supply? And are you using the ROMset from archive.org? Maybe it could be something as easy as bad files or micro SD card.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
@city41 did you ever try a new power supply? And are you using the ROMset from archive.org? Maybe it could be something as easy as bad files or micro SD card.
No, I didn't. I am using the power supply TO recommended. Granted, they recommended it years ago.

I tried several SD cards. I did not try any other romsets.

For me the clincher was my power supply and SD card all work fine on a NeoSD Pro I bought a few years ago. And considering how many issues I've had with this one, I'm pretty weary of the NeoSD Pro in general, so I got a refund.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
SAG kindly replaced my cart and the replacement arrived yesterday. I've been testing it, and I've concluded my console must be to blame.

I'm still scratching my head on what's going on. My console plays original carts fine, and I've never had any modification or maintenance done on it. Using original PSU. And I'm thinking it could be some kind of memory/bad trace issue that messing with the NeoSD Pro specifically. The issue can manifest on original carts, but usually only after I hit the reset button. Something about resetting my console, or some function on the flash cart that resembles resetting, somehow freaks out my console. When I first power a game on, it plays fine.

I put in my original SamSho 3, and it boots up and plays just fine when I use the power switch. When I load a (known-good) SS3 ROM on the NeoSD Pro, I get graphical glitches. Sometimes I can see the menu's text glitch while the game is flashing. It looks something like in this image where columns are repeated or staggered somehow.

I likely need to get some TLC on my system, and from all I can gather, the NeoSD Pro is not faulty after all. And it speaks wonders to SAG's customer service that they exchanged mine when it could just be my old ass system was the problem after all.