Stock Memory card using FRAM

venchia3

n00b
Hello folks,

Thought to post about this as I found it an interesting little project. Some times ago I randomly came across a Twitter post where the author posted a tutorial on how to transform a stock memory card with SRAM into a memory card capable of hosting an FRAM chip in order to get rid of the battery and increase capacity at the same time: Original Twitter post

Took some picture of the process.

FRAM size is 8kb so basically four times the capacity of a stock memory card. Anyone else attempted to do something similar?

I know there are alternatives to this, but never been able to find a Neo Save Masta in stock and didn’t really want to buy one of those JGO memory cards from eBay :)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Nothing Furrtek does is random it's all magic.

Interesting project. The part with the pic of a blowtorch is not reassuring. I'd keep mine stock and get the JGO one instead.

venchia3

n00b
Opening one of these memory cards can be indeed intimidating, but with an hair drier and an xacto knife (and a bit of patience) is not that difficult.

Only part that needs extra attention is the tiny spring soldered on the board that can be easily ripped apart if rushing