Stepmania?

Eze

n00b
Not sure if anyone here plays Stepmania, or any other rhythm based games, but I thought I'd check anyway!

Here's a video I actually took last night playing some index (two fingers). To anyone new to the game, it's essentially just DDR on the computer and works the same way.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I used to play loads of Stepmania in the early 00's. Kind have gotten out of DDR though. Hey, if people are still enjoying it great. If I could get a good metal pad I'd pick it up again

Eze

n00b
I used to play loads of Stepmania in the early 00's. Kind have gotten out of DDR though. Hey, if people are still enjoying it great. If I could get a good metal pad I'd pick it up again

It's hard to find a good metal pad nowadays unfortunately.

Rage a minute in.

Seems a bit stressful.

Lol, that's Tera freaking out. He actually subscribes to my videos on YouTube :P

Anything is stressful if you take it too seriously ;)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Pinball petes in Ann Arbor, MI has a nice stepmania cabinet (converted DDR cabinet). I don't play much anymore, but when I do, it's worth the trip there instead of playing all the beat-to-shit 'extreme' cabs around here.

Eze

n00b
Pinball petes in Ann Arbor, MI has a nice stepmania cabinet (converted DDR cabinet). I don't play much anymore, but when I do, it's worth the trip there instead of playing all the beat-to-shit 'extreme' cabs around here.

DDR machines that aren't well kept are essentially useless lol.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
DDR machines that aren't well kept are essentially useless lol.

Yeah, exactly. The closest machines to me used to be OK, but they're all shit now. The saddest thing was the only ITG2 within an hour (or longer) drive was in the worst shape cab in the state :/

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I have a ddr machine in the acade that's in great sbape.... still fun as hell and awesome exercise!

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Yeah, foam mats be damned.

I have a decent metal pad, but last time I was moving it got knocked over by a large wind gust and broke off the db-15 that attached it to the box which interfaced it to playstation/xbox systems. Unfortunately, I never figured out the pinout, and sacrificed the interface box for other projects. So, now I have a basically worthless metal DDR pad (that I could easily re-wire to a pad-hack), but I live in a 2nd story apartment and thus wouldn't EVER be able to use it at home. Looking at getting a house in a year or two, maybe I'll re-wire it then.

Eze

n00b
The Red Octane soft pads were OK. And by OK, I mean if you duct taped those things to the ground, they would be usable. For any higher level gameplay, a metal pad with some kind of bar is necessary.

Also yes, phenomenal cardio.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I have a ddr machine in the acade that's in great sbape.... still fun as hell and awesome exercise!
I agree as I've tried it myself a few times, but I wonder if those higher levels aren't a bit...excessive?

were you not paying attention, he clearly said it's the monitor's fault! LCD monitors make people violent.
If there were more of these stateside, imagine all the LCDs that could be saved from abuse:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He's playing a two player double game by himself.

Eze

n00b
He's playing a two player double game by himself.

No, it's made to be played alone. Doubles are essentially the most unused feature in DDR/ITG. Most competitive players stick to singles.