From Dust
Orcs Must Die
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Two Worlds II

looks like i'm PC gaming only for a while

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I gave in and decided to get the Civilization V GOTY...$12.49.

Not a bad deal...if I had a controller for my laptop, I'd probably buy more, but I'll stick with keyboard/mouse games.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'll have to check out this Grimrock game since it's 6 bucks. I kept reading it as "Grimlock" then seeing it wasn't about the T-Rex Transformer. Boo-Urns. I wanted to Dead Island and Game of The Year, Boarderlands but I've got nobody on my friend's list that plays whenever I'm on. I was thinking of Bioshock 2 to get ready for the next one, even though the story doesn't matter. I loved shooting swarms of bees at people in the first game while yelling, "NOT THE BEEEES!!!"

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ɐıɹɐ;3387639 said:
They're having a good sale on everything Civ5, save for the latest expansion that arrived last month:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15366/

I'm basically an idiot.

I have 2 Steam accounts and was not paying attention, and wound up downloading Civ 5 GOTY on the account I don't use.

I've already emailed Steam Support to see if there is a way to transfer the purchase to the account I use. Both accounts have the same email, I'm not even sure how that happened.

The reason it happened was because I had to transfer all my Steam stuff to a different hard drive, and I forgot the user name when I went to sign back in ---downside of never having to put it in since my computer is on all the time--- thus it sent me the user ID of the account I do not use, and through my own stupidity it didn't occur to me that was the wrong account.

I just hope Steam Support can do something about it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Just bought Trine collection and Hitman collection. Mad I missed out on Alan Wake though.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For somebody who hasn't played any of the Assassin's Creed games how is the bundle they've got for 35 dollars for all of the games. (minus the one coming out this fall)

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I don't know about everybody else, but this sale has been a dud for me so far. Nothing has popped out as must buy for me so far. I might get Fear 3 since it's so cheap right now, but even for $5, I'm still on the fence about it.

When it's all said and done, I'll probably get the pack with Chantelise, but I'm in no hurry, so I can wait for a better deal.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i agree with this. For the most part its the same usual 'on sale' games you always see. Best deal by far IMO was Deus Ex HR for $7.50 on Friday.

Eric

Fight On!,
Could anyone who already bought it clarify for me what's in the Civ 5 GOTY edition? Is it everything except the new Gods and Kings DLC, the Korea DLC, and the Wonders of the Ancient world DLC?

PS: Of course the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World DLC come in an even cheaper combo pack that you would have to know to look for ahead of time because it's not listed on the Civ V main page. Steam really doesn't do people any favors if they're trying to figure out all of the DLC available.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm about to grab Metro 2033 and The Call of Cthulhu. Thinking about Dear Esther but I hear its not much of a game. Anybody here play it?

Eric

Fight On!,
I'm about to grab Metro 2033 and The Call of Cthulhu. Thinking about Dear Esther but I hear its not much of a game. Anybody here play it?

From what I gather it's not a game at all. You walk on a set path listening to the narrator for 90 minutes. No gameplay beyond that. Obviously a lot of people are going to be feel ripped off by that at any price.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I don't know about everybody else, but this sale has been a dud for me so far. Nothing has popped out as must buy for me so far. I might get Fear 3 since it's so cheap right now, but even for $5, I'm still on the fence about it.

When it's all said and done, I'll probably get the pack with Chantelise, but I'm in no hurry, so I can wait for a better deal.

Super Meat Boy
Satazius
Recettear
Legend of Grimrock
Ys Origin
Ys Felghana

Not looking hard enough.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Magicka is really good as well

game has a rather interesting and inventive Magic system

i'm personally have a field day since i haven't had a gaming PC in ages

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
From what I gather it's not a game at all. You walk on a set path listening to the narrator for 90 minutes. No gameplay beyond that. Obviously a lot of people are going to be feel ripped off by that at any price.

people will feel ripped off about $2.50?
some poor ass people.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They may have been expecting a game. Not a pretentious hipster "experience".

All you have to do is read the description. Either way , it's worth $2.50. Most people will actually enjoy it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only way I'm going to pay $2.50 for Call of Cthulhu is if it is a track for Guitar Hero.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Picked up Dungeons of Dredmor complete pack.

Very addicting and has a great sense of humor.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Even though I already got Fallout New Vegas for 5 dollars during the winter sale, I'm thinking of getting the Ultimate Edition for 10 bucks. I added up all of the DLC that comes in Ultimate and it still comes out cheaper even with all the sales. The only thing is the Steam says I have the game so hopefully it won't count it for 2 copies of the normal edition.

Eric

Fight On!,
Even though I already got Fallout New Vegas for 5 dollars during the winter sale, I'm thinking of getting the Ultimate Edition for 10 bucks. I added up all of the DLC that comes in Ultimate and it still comes out cheaper even with all the sales. The only thing is the Steam says I have the game so hopefully it won't count it for 2 copies of the normal edition.

There shouldn't be any problems. It is unfortunate, however, that you can't gift the extra copy of New Vegas you should be getting (in fact, you won't be getting an extra copy at all).

These sales always make me realize that my next computer purchase should be a desktop I can game on instead of another laptop. Just hook it up to the TV and game away with a controller in hand for most of these games.