Star Wars

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Probably old news, but If anyone heres a Star Wars fan, and like me can't wait until May 2005 for Episode 3, then you might want to have a read of this...

**Contains spoilers, so if you dont want to know what happens, then stay away**

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode3/plot.html

Sounds like this ones going to absolutely amazing...fingers crossed.

Cheers, enjoy.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
As long as they get James Earl Jones to do Vader, and he's in it for more then 25 minutes, then I'll be happy.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man I want to read that, but I dont want to spoil it.

You think it's real?

G

galfordo

genjiglove said:
Man I want to read that, but I dont want to spoil it.

You think it's real?

I don't - Lucas is probably hidin' the key to that vault about 2 feet up his quirky old ass. Sure people can come up with plausable things they think will happen, but there's no way he'd let that stuff leak out.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
People really dont know what happens?

All them jedis die in the clone battle bullshit.
Anakin and Palpatine have ass sex all day and get "dark"
Amidalla kills herself.
And yoda moves to daigobah.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
I remember reading the plot summary from here for Episode 2 about a year before it came out, and it was pretty much spot on...so i think it may be fairly accurate. Its still a long time before its released, so theres plenty of time to make changes I suppose.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I dont want it all spoiled, so I just skimed some of that. Sounds fricking AWESOME! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I just hope they dont have hooky dialogue like Episode 2. Episode 2 was great, great action, solid story, excellent editing and paceing. Only the dialogue was really cheesy in some parts. Episode 3 sounds like it could be the best of the 6 Star Wars movies! :)

chemical

Morden's Lackey
I can't wait to see what comic-relief CGI character Lucas will come up with next! That Jar Jar guy is hilarious!

I'm going to start an online petition to demand more screentime in Episode III dedicated to Jar-Jar and that fat canadian kid.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Most of it sounds like garbage. Just to save myself from total embarrassment, I'll refrain from explaining some of the glaring erorrs this person made.

It also appears an 11-year old wrote it.

The validity of STAR WARS died with Episode #2: The Clone Wars... Lucas has lost whatever, visionary art he had in the late 70's and early 80's. *Unless Episode #3 is going to run at 3 hours long... be bleak as hell... and as someone mentioned, we get to hear James Earl Jones when Anakin and his punk ass chooses to do the bidding of the dark side versus the light... well then, expect to see an under 3 hour film that's pure cheese cake, with some winning moments, lots of CGI and no heart. Sometimes I think George Lucas is right out of The Wizard of Oz cause like the Tin Man he has no heart! :mad:

Storm Rider

Robert

20 Year Member
All these discussions about this movie are dangerous cause it can simly ruin the pleasure to see it. I just want to wait quietly and to enjoy it. there are so much expectations that whatever it will be fans will be disappointed, just like for SvC.

BC_Gambit

Beni,
meh; if its even half as bad as Episode 2, the only pleasure to be had from this movie will be beating it to death before, during and after its release :very_ang:

I'll laugh my ass off if its actually worse than Episode 2. That would make "The Phantom Menace" the high point of the prequel trilogy :).

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
are they going to build sets, and make puppets, and use rubber masks and silicone to make the movie a movie? or is it gonna be another five seconds of actual design and real stuff, and the rest of the film is CG? i'm sick of lucas trying to play off a movie that had soooo much potential (episodes 1-2 mind you) with cg. i guarantee you had he invested the real time and effort he did with the first series of star wars movies, had he got frank oz, and dozens of other pupeteers on the job, and really poured himself into it they'd be leagues better.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
MegaDrive 20XX said:
The validity of STAR WARS died with Episode #2: The Clone Wars... Lucas has lost whatever, visionary art he had in the late 70's and early 80's. *Unless Episode #3 is going to run at 3 hours long... be bleak as hell... and as someone mentioned, we get to hear James Earl Jones when Anakin and his punk ass chooses to do the bidding of the dark side versus the light... well then, expect to see an under 3 hour film that's pure cheese cake, with some winning moments, lots of CGI and no heart. Sometimes I think George Lucas is right out of The Wizard of Oz cause like the Tin Man he has no heart! :mad:

Storm Rider

I can't believe you made a post that I totally agree with.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The little details dont matter.

You people act like you dont KNOW whats going to happen. The story has been carved out in books and jabber from Lucas over the past 25 years. There are going to be no suprises to it, stop acting like its something new.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes, your not wrong, of course we all know what ultimatley happens....Please bear in mind though that not everyone is interested in reading the dozens of rubbish novels available that are based on star wars.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
You dont really need to, there is like one book that covers it all, and they are written for 14 year olds so they are fast reads.

But still, there is no detail in this movie that you dont already know about. There cant and wont be.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Really? Just one? Cool, what is the name of this book? I think im going to have to read this. The sad thing is that George Lucas has said that he wants to completely remake the orignal movies! I can't believe he would do such a thing..then again it could just be a load of crap too.

anyway, this is the bit here....

Anyway, this is regarding about your comment of Lucas remaking the classic trilogy from scratch in 2017. Uh, I don't think this would fly to well with a lot of people. I mean, I bet they would be great visually, but I thought Lucas was going to be done with Star Wars after Episode 3. Why would he want to do such a thing?

(SuperShadow: Lucas says that advanced computer animation now gives him the ability to fully capture his vision of the classic Star Wars trilogy. More work needs to be done on these great classic films.) With the way CGI (SuperShadow: Computer generated images.) is today, just imagine how he could fix up Episode 4 - 6 making them totally primo. (SuperShadow: Lucas says that by 2017 photo-realistic computer animation will probably exist. Lucas is counting the days.)

naitram

The Old Man
All I know is that if a certain hairy friend of ours is CGI, I'm going to murder.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I'm sure this is pretty accurate. For the passed two movies these early treatments have been spot on. No reason to think this is any different.