Star Soldier R (Wiiware)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Anyone else picking this up for Wiiware? It was released in the USA today for 800 points.

There is a 2 minute, 5 minute and quick shot mode available. So far, I have played through the 2 minute mode three times and really like this. My score has improved each time. You face off against a boss at the end (if you have enough time left).

The game will then rank your name/score for your region and world.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I really thought a few people would pick this up. I know that it is 800 points but I am having a blast with it. I have put about thee hours into this so far (all in the 2 minute mode) but I still suck. I still can't break 700,000.

There has to be some trick to this. I must be missing some major points along the way.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm probably going to get this. Star Soldier is a fantastic series.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just redeemed my card from Christmas and got it. I only played the two minute version and I thought it was pretty cool. When I get back from the movies tonight I'm going to play it some more.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Gameoz said:
I really thought a few people would pick this up. I know that it is 800 points but I am having a blast with it. I have put about thee hours into this so far (all in the 2 minute mode) but I still suck. I still can't break 700,000.

There has to be some trick to this. I must be missing some major points along the way.

Some tips for 2-minute mode:

1) The four-pieced "donut" enemy should be destroyed from the center. If you let it surround you and can destroy it without getting hit (really easy, since you should have full weapons by the time you get to it) you get a 50000 point bonus.

2) DO NOT get hit. For every weapons powerup you get beyond fully powered up you get a 10000 point bonus

3) With "combos" you get a 3000 point bonus. I still haven't really figured them out but I think it has something to do with destroying enemies simultaneously

4) Destroy the boss parts -- you get a lot more points destroying boss parts than for the time-bonus. The max time bonus is 18 seconds I believe, which is a paltry 18000 points, whereas destroying boss parts nets you about twice that I think (I haven't really checked it out exactly, but its around there), plus it's possible to get a small time bonus even after destroying all the parts (so far my best is 4 seconds).

With these in mind you should be able to break 900k with some work. No idea how to break a million, though -- I can only assume it's with some crafty combos. My current high score is 865000 or so (although the latest one I've uploaded to the leaderboards is like 835k) but it's only a matter of time before I get to that next milestone.

There's more tips on the shmups.com forums, also.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Lochlan said:

1) The four-pieced "donut" enemy should be destroyed from the center. If you let it surround you and can destroy it without getting hit (really easy, since you should have full weapons by the time you get to it) you get a 50000 point bonus.

2) DO NOT get hit. For every weapons powerup you get beyond fully powered up you get a 10000 point bonus

3) With "combos" you get a 3000 point bonus. I still haven't really figured them out but I think it has something to do with destroying enemies simultaneously

4) Destroy the boss parts -- you get a lot more points destroying boss parts than for the time-bonus. The max time bonus is 18 seconds I believe, which is a paltry 18000 points, whereas destroying boss parts nets you about twice that I think (I haven't really checked it out exactly, but its around there), plus it's possible to get a small time bonus even after destroying all the parts (so far my best is 4 seconds).

With these in mind you should be able to break 900k with some work. No idea how to break a million, though -- I can only assume it's with some crafty combos. My current high score is 865000 or so (although the latest one I've uploaded to the leaderboards is like 835k) but it's only a matter of time before I get to that next milestone.

Thanks.

I can usually get to the end without getting hit but will work on the other things.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder

Also the 2 eyes before the boss, destroy them simultaneously for 80,000 points.

I just download this yesterday finally! It is good fun and I am trying to learn it. I still do not under stand the combo meter or how to maximize gains from it :crying:
I did best of 862,000 yesterday and will try again for more today and on this weekend…

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I am still playing this and really like it. I can't break 800,000 in the two minute mode though.:crying: