SSVS final ending

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
How can one get the final ending for SSVS? I know that you must complete it with 1 credit, yes, but are there any other terms?

I did finish it with 1 credit, though I was on level 1, with rounds set to 1. Plus I didn't use fatality on Mizuki.

So what did I do wrong?

If you want the ending...

To see the final ending, you must finish all the last bosses

Gaoh, Amakusa, Zankuro with Zetsumei-Ogi. (The fatalities, overkills or whatever you wish to call them).

I am not sure if Mizuki needs to be beaten with Zetsumei Ogi....try?

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
[S4]The Phantom said:

Gaoh, Amakusa, Zankuro with Zetsumei-Ogi. (The fatalities, overkills or whatever you wish to call them).

I am not sure if Mizuki needs to be beaten with Zetsumei Ougi....try?

that's seriously lame placing such a stringent condition just to earn a bloody ending...what was so bad about simply requiring one to complete the game without continuing? aah, I'll stop whining as I don't wish to derail the thread and it's off my chest now...
:glee:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
[S4]The Phantom said:

I am not sure if Mizuki needs to be beaten with Zetsumei Ogi....try?

Yes, I know I have to use the fatality on the bosses. I wouldn't have seen Mizuki at all if I hadn't. Someone said that Mizuki can be killed without the fatality.

But the other conditions? Like I said, I finished with one credit, but difficulty was 1 and rounds set to 1. Can someone confirm, that it maube has to be the default settings (difficulty 4, rounds 2)

Just want to make sure that everythings set, before I start busting my ass over this. Gaoh is mother of a blocker... And once he blocks your fatality (you only get one per fight) you might as well reset the machine and start again.

But I don't mind. It gives it some longetivity.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
As far as I know the game doesn't mind how many continue you use.

Yet there's just a staff roll, no real ending.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
As far as I know the game doesn't mind how many continue you use.

Yet there's just a staff roll, no real ending.

Yes, there is a fifth ending (one for each boss that you kill the normal way, and one for finishing with one credit. Though you can kill Mizuki which way you want, and still get her ending+the staff roll. Unless you've beaten them all with the one credit, of course)

And I just finished the game with one credit (and even fatalizing Mizuki). This time I didn't tamper with the rounds, but set the difficulty to 1. No special ending. So it must be done with the default setting (4), I guess. It's a pretty difficult string to accomplish, with the fatalities and all. Gaoh blocks like a mofo. And one fatality block=reset, start again.

I could just cheat my way through with the UniBIOS, but I wouldn't want to spoil it. Even though it would verify it.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
This is where I got the initial information from. It's from another thread.

Verbatum said:
3 for each boss

1 after beating Mizuki

1 after beating the whole game in one credit (and Mizuki).

Thereverend

Banned
Hope the console versions have story in them.

I wanna see that Freak eat his daughter...........

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Yes, there is a fifth ending (one for each boss that you kill the normal way, and one for finishing with one credit. Though you can kill Mizuki which way you want, and still get her ending+the staff roll. Unless you've beaten them all with the one credit, of course)

Mmmh... is the existance of this 'fifth ending' anyway confirmed?

Yeas Gaoh is easy to kill but he block the Zetsumai Ough very well... best strategy is to wait him to use his special where multi-pierce forward with his weapon, and just use the ZO during his move... you will get full priority and kill him.

Mizuki's a bitch anyway.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
Mmmh... is the existance of this 'fifth ending' anyway confirmed?

Yeas Gaoh is easy to kill but he block the Zetsumai Ough very well... best strategy is to wait him to use his special where multi-pierce forward with his weapon, and just use the ZO during his move... you will get full priority and kill him.

I always trick him by jumping over him, hopefully causing him do his "baton-twirl" over his head. If it misses, I land beside him, and he's wide open.

But today I went out and cheated through the game (thanks to UniBIOS for that too!) and there was no fifth ending. I went thru Euro Console mode and Jap Arcade mode with the default settings (difficulty 4) with one credit, and nothing special appeared.

I wonder what Verbatum was on about when he said it does have a special ending?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
I wonder what Verbatum was on about when he said it does have a special ending?

I think he was thinking just killing Mizuki was leading to a 'one shot only' ending (like killing any other boss with noZO), while killing Mizuki with no continue used -> staff roll.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
I think he was thinking just killing Mizuki was leading to a 'one shot only' ending (like killing any other boss with noZO), while killing Mizuki with no continue used -> staff roll.

But this isn't the case. Why would he say so? Curious.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Just trying to guess the origin of the 'rumor' for a different ending.

Anyway, can you please answer what I was asking you here

Thanks!