SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Raz, can you tell me about the 'memory' of the bios?

Can the bios keep in memory all the user's settings? :-)

On AES only the region and operation mode are saved if you have a memory card in the unit, if not the system will always default to euro/console.

On MVS regios and operation mode is saved as well as the general bios settings.

Cheats are not saved mainly because cheats can cause game side effects. When you power off or reset the unit the cheats are lost.

Raz

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Weren't there other sound bugs as well. I could be totally wrong but I think whenI was playing the game at Otakon when Enja did his pillar alot of times the sound for it would cut off midway through or something.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
Weren't there other sound bugs as well. I could be totally wrong but I think whenI was playing the game at Otakon when Enja did his pillar alot of times the sound for it would cut off midway through or something.

I have not heard about this bug, the only ones I know about are related to winning a match.

Raz

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just Done a Testing...

Hi Raz... I did the test you wanted me to do... it was "A" OK... it worked just fine...

...Now all Rot has to do is get enough time to play windjammers...

PS. I'm in chat;)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
rotphungte said:
Hi Raz... I did the test you wanted me to do... it was "A" OK... it worked just fine...

...Now all Rot has to do is get enough time to play windjammers...

PS. I'm in chat;)

thanks, Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Here is a nice way to sum it all up

fatality.gif

Raz

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
great

maybe now people will stop pretending to care about ss0s

and pretending to weep over the "missing fatalities"

DJ Neo XL

Rugal's Thug
Boy that's beautiful.
You da' man Raz.

I never saw a definitive answer anywhere, did the MVS Samurai Showdown 5/Zero (not the Special) have any fatalities?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Raz,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any chance that we will get the full fatalities in the fixed carts? say if SNKP leave the cut/beheaded characters' sprites for example.

and if it's possible but only by using another edited Uni-bios, will you make some of them for us?

thanks.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
DJ Neo XL said:
I never saw a definitive answer anywhere, did the MVS Samurai Showdown 5/Zero (not the Special) have any fatalities?

No it never had.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
great

maybe now people will stop pretending to care about ss0s

and pretending to weep over the "missing fatalities"

Oh, well... it's not just about the ''OMG OMG missing fatalities'... you know, what piss-me off is the last NG title was butchered from its arcade counter part, which is like a total blasphemy as for the NG 'reason to be' in itself.

Of course I'm not let my cart to be messed up, not at all, but knowing I can now have the full/complete/correct game is a kind of mental relief to me.

Moreover, even the so-called 'official fix' is NOT restoring all the stuff, just creating a patched official 'alternate version'... Mortal Kombat SNES anyone?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
Raz,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any chance that we will get the full fatalities in the fixed carts? say if SNKP leave the cut/beheaded characters' sprites for example.

and if it's possible but only by using another edited Uni-bios, will you make some of them for us?

thanks.

I have no way of knowinf this untill I actually see data from the cart. The rumor is they are actually going to change the animation, if they do this then there is no way unless they leave the original anim data in.

Raz

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
DJ Neo XL said:
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.

BTW, most of the fatalities datas were included in the original SSZ code, yet unused (you can find em just digging with the rom).

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
DJ Neo XL said:
You da' man Raz.

It had generic fatalities, from what I've heard so far. They were censored for the AES version but maybe the Unibios can unlock them as well??

Shoe-A-Palooza said:
Reign in Blood.
fatality.gif

Trapped in purgatory
A lifeless object, alive
Awaiting reprisal
Death will be their acquisition

The sky is turning red
Return to power draws near
Fall into me, the sky's crimson tears
Abolish the rules made of stone

Pierced from below, souls of my treacherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

Awaiting the hour of reprisal
Your time slips away

Raining blood
From a lacerated sky
Bleeding its horror
Creating my structure
Now I shall reign in blood!
:buttrock: Slayer :buttrock:

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just wanted to give Raz a shoutout. Two of my AES systems are out for modification now, and I should be playing SSVS in all it's glory in another week or so.

You rock man .... for once, the good guys win this one. :D :multi_co: :buttrock: