SSV special

MR2pilot

n00b
Is it me or is that game too easy? I was playing it in the arcade and managed to beat with with Galford using one credit. But, hey its a new SS game for me to whore myself too. Also on that same note I had saw/participated in some good fights.

The main fight that caught my eye was when my brother Daniel fought against this one guy. Daniel is a devote Shizmaru (aka Mary Poppins), Ukyo, and Genjero player. And he is very skilled with all three of them. Well in the second round Daniel managed to kill someone in 5 seconds with Shizmaru :eek: I don't know how it happened but, apparently he started to use this little combo against other people too. So any Omaha people that post here be wary of any Shizmaru players (granted there are very few people from Omaha that post a few but, it would be fair enough to warn them).

I also had a odd surpise with Galford apparently one of the most devesating combos that I use in SS2 has been toned down. In SS2 you can take 50% of someone's health by doing a jumping A+B slash, then B slash and finaly a A+B plazma blade (if timed right). Unfortunatly in SSV special this trick only takes 25% of someone's health.

That said I need an English spec home cart of this. And the live enabled X-box version :).

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
First of all, most of us haven't even played Special.

Second of all, how can you say the game's easy when you played it in the arcade. There's 8 levels of difficulty it can be set on. Which one was yours? For crying out loud, even the "hardest" games are easy on level 1.

Thirdly, all SNK games have been getting easier and easier on level 8 to beat. They don't make SS2 or Fatal Fury Special any more (man, I can barely beat these games on 4, nevermind 8).

Spike

Last edited:

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
MR2pilot said:
Is it me or is that game too easy? I was playing it in the arcade and managed to beat with with Galford using one credit. But, hey its a new SS game for me to whore myself too. Also on that same note I had saw/participated in some good fights.

The main fight that caught my eye was when my brother Daniel fought against this one guy. Daniel is a devote Shizmaru (aka Mary Poppins), Ukyo, and Genjero player. And he is very skilled with all three of them. Well in the second round Daniel managed to kill someone in 5 seconds with Shizmaru :eek: I don't know how it happened but, apparently he started to use this little combo against other people too. So any Omaha people that post here be wary of any Shizmaru players (granted there are very few people from Omaha that post a few but, it would be fair enough to warn them).

I also had a odd surpise with Galford apparently one of the most devesating combos that I use in SS2 has been toned down. In SS2 you can take 50% of someone's health by doing a jumping A+B slash, then B slash and finaly a A+B plazma blade (if timed right). Unfortunatly in SSV special this trick only takes 25% of someone's health.

That said I need an English spec home cart of this. And the live enabled X-box version :).

I'd really like to know this Shizamaru combo that kills in 5 seconds. Post it up, people at www.fierceslash.com would like to know :lol:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i actually find the opposite. 0 = easy, 0spc = hard. lots of disarming, combos into supers, etc.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
No offense, but I'll believe it when I play it. If the cpu is as ridiculous in this game as it was in Zero (Dash and stop on a dime, jumping A+B slash beats everything in the air weather I'm above or below my opponent, never fails to land a throw nor escape from them, and my personal favorite; a serious lack of lenghty recovery on missing a throw.), I'll be using suicides a hell of alot more, provided I can be left alone long enough to pull one off. :oh_no:

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
MR2pilot said:
Daniel is a devote Shizmaru (aka Mary Poppins)

Here I was thinking that I was the only who thought Shizamaru is a gay Mary Poppins character.

I haven't seen many threads for this game, anyone else play it?

. . . crickets chirping

Oh, come on, I'm sure when the rom is released this thread will be packed!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
MR2pilot said:
Shizmaru (aka Mary Poppins)
Good one. :)

Spike Spiegel said:
Thirdly, all SNK games have been getting easier and easier on level 8 to beat. They don't make SS2 or Fatal Fury Special any more (man, I can barely beat these games on 4, nevermind 8).
That's a great thing about the oft-overlooked SVC... the AI in that game was the first in years that was good enough to beat people on level 4 in regular fights, not just the boss battle.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Spike Spiegel said:
First of all, most of us haven't even played Special.

Second of all, how can you say the game's easy when you played it in the arcade. There's 8 levels of difficulty it can be set on. Which one was yours? For crying out loud, even the "hardest" games are easy on level 1.

Spike

KOF 2003 is pathetic on Level 8. The worst AI I think I've seen in a KOF.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
the roker said:
Here I was thinking that I was the only who thought Shizamaru is a gay Mary Poppins character.

I haven't seen many threads for this game, anyone else play it?

. . . crickets chirping

Oh, come on, I'm sure when the rom is released this thread will be packed!
Dammit, how come no one can spell Shizumaru?! Not one person! He's my favorite SS character...razzum frazzum (supposed to be read as a Yosemite Sam-style grumble)...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
MR2pilot said:

Did you play this in Omaha USA? Or were you in Japan when you played it? I'm thinking maybe you're a little mixed up and actually played SSV and not SPECIAL. Just a thought since you said it was so easy. I can't wait to play SPECIAL, I've been practicing SSII for the past couple of days and the videos I've seen for SPECIAL are getting me so psyched!

The Future Is Now

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
SouthtownKid said:
Dammit, how come no one can spell Shizumaru?! Not one person! He's my favorite SS character...razzum frazzum (supposed to be read as a Yosemite Sam-style grumble)...

Shizumary speaks English you know. When he does his sword charge and pushes you to the edge of the screen and slashes you he says: "Don't go there!"

Rimururu and Ukyo say "Damnit" when they get knocked down.

In one of Jubei's winning poses he says: "the cop's a queen"

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'll be going to Omaha soon, where is this Arcade?