SSRPG CD/Z

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
hey im pplaying the neo cd version of ssrpg, my little brother finished the ps1 version and tells me that the special moves are learned far earlier in the game. im allready in osaka and finished olady again, the part where she forms 2 oladys, the fight in thw cave. im almost at the end of the game and still ahvent learned all the specials, also i only have the first or hte first 2 levels of the super, the one you perform with ABCD when rage gauge is full. there are 3 levels however.

im using the faq by charles and somebody else both from gamefaqs. the ps version faq is a lot more different then what ive got so far, cause im suposed to have all the specials and supers but i still dont. what i would like to know is if these last specials and last level super are only learned in mizuki chapter or what, cause im almost finished with the amakusa chapter. im allready in the level 52+ with my charas.

thanx.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
yes, the Amakusa Chapter is too short for you to really gain most of the really advanced special moves...don't sweat it since the Mizuki Chapter will give you more time to learn them...

and it's good to see someone else reference the incredibly useful SSRPG guides made by Charle5!
...I found his guides years ago on a website he used to run call Pao Pao Cafe...man do I wish his stuff was still online
:angry:

E=MC2

haha you still know that shit too. its only been 8 years or so but still. pao pao cafe and mmcafe where THE sites back then for me, for anything snk or capcom related. thanx for you reply by the way. im at level 56 or even higher with haoh, with charlotte and ukyo around the same level, just a lil lower.

at least ive got the tenhafujinzan allready. but i dont think ill get the last special move. besides do all the supers look alike. ive got the first super in the building thats 3 high or so, battling through all 3 stories. i think i got the second level when i went back to edo and trained with nicotine at his house. thing is it could be level 2 or not, it looks the same as before, perhaps more damage and more mp usage? i guese it automatically does the highest level off super aquired when rage is full and press ABCD. too bad all levels look alike. nice game though. will start mizuki chapter soon, besides i wanna see how long the shizumaru mini rpg is.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I ran into the same issue in the Amakusa Chapter, Musolini. I don't think it's a problem. Especially if you're using Ukyo, since his evel 3 afterimage attack is more than enough... hehe.

E=MC2

yeah i know, my charas are allready too fuckin powerfull, but it would have been nice to have the complete movelist. ill finish this up and start with the mizu chapter, or quickly finish the shizu mini rgp first after unlocking it.

p.s. the third level super isnt even available for the ama chapter is it. i think the level ups where a lot faster on the ps1 version, cause my lil bro finished that one and had all his moves. but whatever, ive waited long enough, its time to finish it.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Kazuki Dash said:
yes, the Amakusa Chapter is too short for you to really gain most of the really advanced special moves...don't sweat it since the Mizuki Chapter will give you more time to learn them...

and it's good to see someone else reference the incredibly useful SSRPG guides made by Charle5!
...I found his guides years ago on a website he used to run call Pao Pao Cafe...man do I wish his stuff was still online
:angry:

Yeah man that FAQ in Pao Pao Café was the shit!!! :buttrock:
I used to saved It on Microsoft Word because it has various pictures that can guide you well through the game, but unfortunately I lost it. :oh_no:
Do you know someone that have it around as well? I would like to have like that.

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
Yeah same here, I need a really good FAQ for the game, hopefully there's menu translations out there too. I have the Neo Geo CD and Sega Saturn versions and they're just sitting there collecting dust. I gotta beat this game sooner or later.

Quick question, wasn't SSRPG launched on all 3 systems on the same day? (June 27, 1997)

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Asura said:
Yeah man that FAQ in Pao Pao Café was the shit!!! :buttrock:
I used to saved It on Microsoft Word because it has various pictures that can guide you well through the game, but unfortunately I lost it. :oh_no:
Do you know someone that have it around as well? I would like to have like that.
Sorry Asura, best I can tell those guides of his went down when the site did...for those who never had the pleasure of seeing them back in the day, the webmaster Charle5! had put up guides that included a walkthrough of the Amakusa chapter, descriptions of the playable characters(strengths/weaknesses), and he made sure to include plenty of screenshots to make maps and extremely useful guides for properly describing many Items, Weapon Alignments, and Player Stats on the Sub Screens...

I'm just glad I managed to print out many of his guides(black & white copies but they do the trick)...I take good care if those papers, let me tell you

Formation Z said:
Quick question, wasn't SSRPG launched on all 3 systems on the same day? (June 27, 1997)
Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was true

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
is there a way to charge your rage guage? I can never do desperation moves, period. I always kill the opponents too fast.

E=MC2

you just need to get hit enough times for it to be full, when its full go to special moves and youll see ABCD there, press it and voilla. and yes the game was released around the same time for all 3 platforms.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Kazuki Dash said:
Sorry Asura, best I can tell those guides of his went down when the site did...for those who never had the pleasure of seeing them back in the day, the webmaster Charle5! had put up guides that included a walkthrough of the Amakusa chapter, descriptions of the playable characters(strengths/weaknesses), and he made sure to include plenty of screenshots to make maps and extremely useful guides for properly describing many Items, Weapon Alignments, and Player Stats on the Sub Screens...

I'm just glad I managed to print out many of his guides(black & white copies but they do the trick)...I take good care if those papers, let me tell you

Could you print a copy of those papers and send it to me?? PLEASE!!!

Kazuki Dash

whoo boy, haven't fired up the game in a while so it and my guide sheets are tucked away and I'll have to go hunting through lots of stuff to locate 'em...if I can manage to make some copies that actually print up clear enough I'll let you know in a week or so

Kazuki Dash

Well, when I printed the stuff out it was on a cheap B/W printer which means making copies that are clear and legible(as far as the images especially) are pretty much touch and go...

I might try to go to Kinko's one of these days and just see if they can scan it into a PDF file for me, assuming they don't try to rape me price-wise for it...

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I had this on NGCD, I should have never sold the system ;(
I had this game as well, and need to get it again. Was going to sit down with a translation guide and enjoy it as best I could.

Let us know how your pdf project goes with that guide, though. :)

E=MC2

finally finished the amakusa chapter(finally played again after a break), in the last dungeons in the amakusa castle in te sky, when you free your "buddies" and get to the maze. is the only thing you gotta do finish amakusa of after you leave the maze and finish o'lady? also didnt imagine i had to finish him of with just haoh. i coulda sworn i read something about fighting a doppelganger, ill look it up. anywayz anybody know if theres a faq for the omake? on the questions of nicotine i answerd the first option and looked around for some fun, yuri got kidnapped btw. think ill try the omake a lil but longer tonoght or tomorow. is it possible btw to leave the village where shizamaru is at?

E=MC2

hey huys im stuck in france. what do i need to do to get out of here. ive helped sieger out allready and defeated eathquake. what aam i suposed to do now. im using the faq but im stuck. do i get a new sort of portall after i defeat somebody or do i need to go back in the cave and find a way???

thanx in advance.

cmon man, nobody know???

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

MUSOLINI said:
hey huys im stuck in france. what do i need to do to get out of here. ive helped sieger out allready and defeated eathquake. what aam i suposed to do now. im using the faq but im stuck. do i get a new sort of portall after i defeat somebody or do i need to go back in the cave and find a way???

thanx in advance.

cmon man, nobody know???
From what you've said it sounds like you're using the Mizuki Scenario FAQ from GameFAQS...I haven't gotten that far myself since I don't play it often enough so I couldn't be of more help(sorry)...

However, I did notice on the link I posted that there is a story walkthru posted by none other than the previously mentioned ChaRle5!, who included his email address at the beginning of the walkthru so maybe if one was so inclined to ask him, he may still have his old walkthroughs saved somewhere that he'd be willing to email to interested parties?
:smirk:

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
This game is long overdue for a translation.

BTW which battle system y'all like better? Straight up command selecting or the "Sabin Figaro System"?

E=MC2

thanx kazuki, im allready using his faq from gamefaqs. ill send him a mail if its still the same adress. anyways i do prefer to do the motions myselfe, i cant read jap so thats really not an option for me. + what else do i have these wonderfull neo cd pads and old style stick for, to do the moves ofcourse;)

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Formation Z said:
This game is long overdue for a translation.

BTW which battle system y'all like better? Straight up command selecting or the "Sabin Figaro System"?

Sabin Rene Figaro :buttrock:

E=MC2

just curious, anybody actually finish the mizuki chapter???

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Each version was meant to have its own story set in the same world, didn't happened in the end afaik.