ABC,
repeat.
before rage gauge lets out, BCD.
SHI----NE

Amakusa
(full pow)
fw+CD(hold fw),AABBCCABCCC,QCF+A(let it hit a little), Bk,Fw,Dn+AB

Feel free to add your own cool combos.

Now don't get me wrong - I love SSIII more than SSIV. But SSIV is not trash. There's still plenty good shit to be done there.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
You can initiate that kazuki combo with a B but you have to be close.

<small>[ May 11, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: DinoX ]</small>

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I've never seen B chain to qcf+A... try it against a human opponent who is blocking low. You can cancel the CD combo in a couple of places though. The reason I say cancel is because if you combo the move normally, it will look like it combos but does not.

I think the hits in the 14-chain that give you time to do this are #4 and #7.

Here's something else to try:

Bust Jubei: from the corner C guard crush into corner,C,B,qcf+A,u+C

<small>[ May 12, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I use the Kazuki and Genjuro combo's, but that Amaksa combo, is it easy to pull off?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
neojedi:
I've never seen B chain to qcf+A... try it against a human opponent who is blocking low. You can cancel the CD combo in a couple of places though. The reason I say cancel is because if you combo the move normally, it will look like it combos but does not.

I think the hits in the 14-chain that give you time to do this are #4 and #7.

Here's something else to try:

Bust Jubei: from the corner C guard crush into corner,C,B,qcf+A,u+C
B. Kazuki
If you start from a low B, you can connect a QCF+A
also, a B from behind (off a cross up) will always combo into a QCF+A with ease.

One character that again is stiffed for combos is Basara. Man, I wish he had something to make him more worthwhile.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
kernow:
spock

the only SS I don't own.
you should own it.

i tell you what a SIN is, neo-geo.com members who do not own any or all samurai shodown software.

i really guessed that evil wasabi here does like that game, even tho he bust my chops for picking SSIV over SSIII, hehheh...

i LUV all samurai shodown games. with any luck, i'll be able to get the hyper neo geo 64 incarnations again. i have one out of three, i got the hyper neo geo pcb again, soon i will get the 2 SS64 carts again, i will feel complete again with at least a copy of all the samurai shodown software... SAMURAI SHODOWN buttrock

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
evasyar:
kernow:
spock

the only SS I don't own.
you should own it.

i tell you what a SIN is, neo-geo.com members who do not own any or all samurai shodown software.

i really guessed that evil wasabi here does like that game, even tho he bust my chops for picking SSIV over SSIII, hehheh...

i LUV all samurai shodown games. with any luck, i'll be able to get the hyper neo geo 64 incarnations again. i have one out of three, i got the hyper neo geo pcb again, soon i will get the 2 SS64 carts again, i will feel complete again with at least a copy of all the samurai shodown software... SAMURAI SHODOWN buttrock
So you own all SS software?
NGH
SS1~IV

NGPC
SS!
SS!2

GB
SSIII (distinct because of character selection)

PSX
SSIV Special (distinct because of character selection)
SS: Warriors Rage 2
SSRPG

HNG
SS64
SS: Asura Zanmaden

DC:
Nakoruru box set

That's where I'm at. The best version of each game available.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
One character that again is stiffed for combos is Basara. Man, I wish he had something to make him more worthwhile.
It wouldn't matter if he did... he's the game's combo bitch like Angel in 2001. Infinites against him include Genjuro f+AB dodge-through,(qcb+A)xN in the back.

There's a player around here with a somewhat effective Slash Basara with setups like knockdown,rdp+D,double-tap back,air qcf+C. But I tried to learn this char awhile back and was not able to make him competitive.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
let see charlie...

i own:

samurai shodown 1~3 AES all JAPAN carts...

samurai shodown 2~4 MVS JPN and US 1 copy of each...

samurai shodown IV spc PSX playmore re-release...

samurai shodown warriors rage 2 PSX old SNK release...

not necessarily interested in owning the NGPC version, too miniturized, reminds me of the SS2 "doll" taunts...

* sigh * sadly i ended up selling the hyper bundle to GAMEFAN. so now i am on the road back of owning the hyper 64 SS software. so far i procured a 1st revision US hyper 64 board. currently still seeking out the two ss64 carts for it... * sigh * oh_no

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
evasyar:
let see charlie...

i own:

samurai shodown 1~3 AES all JAPAN carts...

samurai shodown 2~4 MVS JPN and US 1 copy of each...

samurai shodown IV spc PSX playmore re-release...

samurai shodown warriors rage 2 PSX old SNK release...

not necessarily interested in owning the NGPC version, too miniturized, reminds me of the SS2 "doll" taunts...

* sigh * sadly i ended up selling the hyper bundle to GAMEFAN. so now i am on the road back of owning the hyper 64 SS software. so far i procured a 1st revision US hyper 64 board. currently still seeking out the two ss64 carts for it... * sigh * oh_no
The NGPC games are sweet. super deformed doesn't bother me - especially when Ukyo's sasame yuki can remove the enemy's clothing.

Hmmn...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
anything with gaira?
they kinda raped him in four as compared to 3

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I only play bust, and I think that CD,B,B,C,super is the most interesting thing he has. The character is almost all setups for the special throw anyway. There's a Slash player around that has some decent combos though...

<small>[ May 12, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
neojedi:
I only play bust, and I think that CD,B,B,C,super is the most interesting thing he has. The character is almost all setups for the special throw anyway. There's a Slash player around that has some decent combos though...
In SSIII everything went around his special throw. It was uncanny what you could connect it off of.

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Actually i´ve US SS1, SS2, SS4x2!!!

Have to pick up an "mint" US SS3 soon! drool_2

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
NGH
SS1~IV

NGPC
SS!
SS!2

GB
SSIII (distinct because of character selection)

PSX
SSIV Special (distinct because of character selection)
SS: Warriors Rage 2
SSRPG

HNG
SS64
SS: Asura Zanmaden

DC:
Nakoruru box set

That's where I'm at. The best version of each game available.
I've got all the SS games released on Neo Hardware save RPG(this is mostly because I don't have CD). SSI-IV homecart. Both NGPC games in hardcase and kits of both HNG64 games. Gonna try and snag RPG, Warriors Rage 2 and Nakoruru while I'm in Japan.

I was facing the Kazuki combo the other night and it sure is pretty.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Actually, there's a US release of Warrior's Rage 2. Since the storyline is one of the redeeming features of the game, I'd say get the US version unless you can understand Japanese really well.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
neojedi:
Actually, there's a US release of Warrior's Rage 2. Since the storyline is one of the redeeming features of the game, I'd say get the US version unless you can understand Japanese really well.
hmmn.... but the Japanese version has the blood.

and the nakoruru pocketstation minigame.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Choices, choices... I didn't know about the minigame, that's what really makes it tough to decide.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
man im also a big samurai shodown fan (my favorite neo game series of all time).

but what i dont understand is why somebody would want to own every smarai game. only 1~4 are woth it. ive played the pocket version but didnt like it that much. ( for a pocket version it was enjoyable though)

never played the 3d versions but the 3d playstation version is fucking weak. bullshit.

samrai 2 and 3 are my favorites. closelly followed by 4 and last but not least 1.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
MUSOLINI:
man im also a big samurai shodown fan (my favorite neo game series of all time).

but what i dont understand is why somebody would want to own every smarai game. only 1~4 are woth it. ive played the pocket version but didnt like it that much. ( for a pocket version it was enjoyable though)

never played the 3d versions but the 3d playstation version is fucking weak. bullshit.

samrai 2 and 3 are my favorites. closelly followed by 4 and last but not least 1.
I like all my SS games but primarily play the homecarts. I did play Asura Zanmaden over the weekend though. The pocket games are awesome - much better than the Gameboy versions. I don't really care about the SNES and Genesis versions of SS1, nor the 3DO version. But because I love the series so much, I'll own them all, and everything I can find in connection to them (soundtracks, books, videos, anything).

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
neojedi:
hmmn.... but the Japanese version has the blood.

and the nakoruru pocketstation minigame.
Well it sounds like I have to get both versions.

I think it was the 3DO version that had a really cool cover. Like a samurai helmet or something it's been a while since I've seen it.