SSF2T Asian free-play?

bwodie

Another Striker
Hey guys,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put it in to free play.. is it possible?
I didn't know if it was common accross all SSF2T boards, or if its a thing with asian regioned cps2 (this is the only grey cps2 i have)

Any help would be appreciated :)

bwodie

Another Striker
does it use the normal 1p and 2p coin up on the jamma harness
because i tried wiring a microswitch to the harness like i have done with other non freeplay games and it wouldn coin up :(

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yep. I've got the Phoenix version, so I pretty much have them all in one. Mine rings up no matter what region with coins. Don't know what to tell you. :(

bwodie

Another Striker
the pheonix mod allows you to run it as a us region so i can set freeplay?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
bwodie said:
the pheonix mod allows you to run it as a us region so i can set freeplay?

Yes, of course. The US version is also harder than hell. There's a huge difference in difficulty between the two regions. I can whip JPN's ass, but the US mode (with free play) is cheap. I'm talking getting out of dizzies in an instant, and doing HUGE damage. More damage than is possible while being done by a human. It's a joke.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Yep. I've got the Phoenix version, so I pretty much have them all in one. Mine rings up no matter what region with coins. Don't know what to tell you. :(

How much you drop on that if you don't mind me asking? Was it from a distributor or a private sale?

-B

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
How much you drop on that if you don't mind me asking? Was it from a distributor or a private sale?

-B

Girlfriend got it off ebay for me for my birthday last year.