SS Tenka "New Arcadia scans"

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hmkay said:
equake.jpg

Just to clearly show that Assquake is using his SS2 sprite, only updated... He should be much bigger than that to match the SS3 sprite format... What a shitty come back. :oh_no:

Here's my question, why didn't you notice it until now? I would've thought you would've seen it years ago. Earthquake is based off of SS2 sprites, but until you gave me that diagram, I had thought he was a direct copipe, but he's not. Much like Cham Cham, his sprites are clearly updated. I think Gen-an will go a similar route.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Abster said:
Here's my question, why didn't you notice it until now? I would've thought you would've seen it years ago. Earthquake is based off of SS2 sprites, but until you gave me that diagram, I had thought he was a direct copipe, but he's not. Much like Cham Cham, his sprites are clearly updated. I think Gen-an will go a similar route.

why you madmans ppl gotta bite iggy so much? copipe... you really wanna be japanese do you?

anyways im just super glad earthquake is in this new one and hope he plays like his chaos counterpart coz he was my main character in svc and i really dug him in that game.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Biting Iggy? Perhaps. I just learned it. What should I say, recycled?

Anyways, he was okay in SVC, but expect a lot of his combo abilities to be taken away here and be replaced with the weapon range he was well known for, though I wouldn't be surprised to see some SVC stuff with him, like midair chainsaw and such.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Abster said:
Biting Iggy? Perhaps. I just learned it. What should I say, recycled?

Anyways, he was okay in SVC, but expect a lot of his combo abilities to be taken away here and be replaced with the weapon range he was well known for, though I wouldn't be surprised to see some SVC stuff with him, like midair chainsaw and such.

its sycophantic and it shits me. feel free to ignore me if you think thats cool.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Abster said:
Here's my question, why didn't you notice it until now?
Oh, I DID notice ever since the beginning... ¬_¬
But I wasn't at home at the time (I even told you so through PMs), so I couldn't do that sprite comparison earlier.

Robert

20 Year Member
My only concern about this game is the shitty slowdown effect each time you slash your opponent. If they remove it from this SS, then I'll play more attention to this game. If not, it'll go like the other SS in my ignore list.

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This game rocks my friends :make_fac:
I'm tiring of people says "last blade is much better, samurai series sucks!!".....
For me Samurai SPirits is one of the BEST 2d fighting game ever made :mr_t:

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
I've been starring at these sprites for over a decade now, and I don't see it.
Earthquake is a diffrent size, not scaled down. it's clearly a totaly redrawn char.
Almost traced, yes, but look at the detail, look at the position of the weapon, wait, the weapon is diffrent alltogether. this is not kof2k2/svc swap. If i ever get the chance, SS6 will be mine!!!! :tickled:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DarkHuman said:
I've been starring at these sprites for over a decade now, and I don't see it.
Earthquake is a diffrent size, not scaled down. it's clearly a totaly redrawn char.
Almost traced, yes, but look at the detail, look at the position of the weapon, wait, the weapon is diffrent alltogether.
You may fail to see it, but I tell you, this is clearly an edit of his SS2 sprite... This is NOT a total redraw at all. I know what I'm talking about... You can take my words for it.
The SS Tenka Earthquake does appear very slightly bigger in my comparison picture, but that's only because I didn't resize him to the exact size (I didn't think that mattered)...
You're talking about the weapon... Well, for example, look at its chain. It hasn't moved one bit, it's only been recolored. Only the "blade" part looks a bit different, with something like an extra bright part at its top...
I can't believe that kind of minor edits are enough for some of you to think it's a "new" sprite.

Edit: Maybe I understood why you're confused...
In the sprite comparison image, sprites come in this order: SS Tenka - SS2 - SvC Chaos
When re-reading your comment about the weapon, it looks like you thought the SvC Chaos sprite was the SS Tenka one... Am I wrong ?

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
You may fail to see it, but I tell you, this is clearly an edit of his SS2 sprite... This is NOT a total redraw at all. I know what I'm talking about... You can take my words for it.
The SS Tenka Earthquake does appear very slightly bigger in my comparison picture, but that's only because I didn't resize him to the exact size (I didn't think that mattered)...
You're talking about the weapon... Well, for example, look at its chain. It hasn't moved one bit, it's only been recolored. Only the "blade" part looks a bit different, with something like an extra bright part at its top...
I can't believe that kind of minor edits are enough for some of you to think it's a "new" sprite.

Edit: Maybe I understood why you're confused...
In the sprite comparison image, sprites come in this order: SS Tenka - SS2 - SvC Chaos
When re-reading your comment about the weapon, it looks like you thought the SvC Chaos sprite was the SS Tenka one... Am I wrong ?

I can tell you enjoy these frivolities more than me and most of the rest of us but it can be fun nontheless. look at earthquake's legs - the way they are positioned and seperated. the stance is slightly different from what I can tell.

edit: infact the foot is different. there are quite alot of changes. I'm betting its been altered a decent amount or is a different sprite.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DevilRedeemed said:
I can tell you enjoy these frivolities more than me and most of the rest of us but it can be fun nontheless. look at earthquake's legs - the way they are positioned and seperated. the stance is slightly different from what I can tell.
I had noticed this, yeah.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
The new character is a French maid? Sorry, not impressed.

From the sound of things, this is just SS5S...S. Or SS5.03vb.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
equake.jpg

Just to clearly show that Assquake is using his SS2 sprite, only updated... He should be much bigger than that to match the SS3 sprite format... What a shitty come back. :oh_no:

if anything they should have reused that SVC sprite as I remember it being huge

they might as well rename him as baby quake or make some stupid storyline on how he "shrunk"

damn shame

daaaammmnnnn shame

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
M2O2E said:
The new character "Iroha"

tx_samutenka_iroha.gif

I seen this character somewhere before wait a minute thats MAI right but with a slightly different spirit. It a shame when a company rip off its own intellectual property.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
The first old character coming back they showed us was Wan-Fu... and I assume that's because he's the only one that got redrawn. (not confirmed, just my pessimist guess)

When you see the game running, you will probably wish they hadn't redrawn Wan-Fu... I watched him at a loc test a while back, and he looks ass. So did the firework guy (can't remember his name right now). Hopefully they will put some more work into them. Apart from anything, the style simply didn't match the rest of the cast.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
mainman said:
I seen this character somewhere before wait a minute thats MAI right but with a slightly different spirit. It a shame when a company rip off its own intellectual property.
That's as much Mai, as Genjuro is Haohmaru just because they are wearing similar style clothing. Or did you mean the big breasts? If she had small breasts, would you have said she was a copy of Nakoruru?

If a character is a copy, it will be because they have similar moves and play the same, not because they are both Japanese characters wearing Japanese-style clothes (imo).

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
From what I heard, Iroha has that crane stance like Jam or Kuroko, so quite possibly her moves would be similar. I didn't pay too much attention to her details however.

I wish Wan-Fu was redrawn with his pillar, but a redraw at all is a praise in this day and age when most 2d fighters are simply recycling all their old graphics. I LOVE how Sieger looks, not to mention Cham Cham's looking badass as well. Gen-an is slightly updated as was Earthquake, so they are definitely putting as much effort into it as they can, except of course how bad Cham Cham's pounce looks now that they're still rubbing the no blood theme in our face.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
That's as much Mai, as Genjuro is Haohmaru just because they are wearing similar style clothing. Or did you mean the big breasts? If she had small breasts, would you have said she was a copy of Nakoruru?

If a character is a copy, it will be because they have similar moves and play the same, not because they are both Japanese characters wearing Japanese-style clothes (imo).

Uh no I said they were clones of each other not because they were wearing the same cloths. I said that because they both are basically not wearing any cloths, and what little is there seems to be a variant but still identical. I wasn't talking about game play when I made that commit because I obviously haven't played the game and I am willing to bet you haven't either, maybe she will play like Mai most likely she wont but the point is neither of us knows for sure. My definition of copy is just as valid as yours. What I was commiting on was the obvious visual similarities betwwen Mai and this new character in the since that they are both MAINLY meant to be fan service for the male gaming community, and they happen to complement each other. This character is a clone of mai but with some kind of strange maid fetish theme. Oh yeah Rera is more of a copy of Nakoruru, the nakoruru character wasn't written or draw to be let just say out going like the mai character.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
hanafudaX said:
The first old character coming back they showed us was Wan-Fu... and I assume that's because he's the only one that got redrawn. (not confirmed, just my pessimist guess)

When you see the game running, you will probably wish they hadn't redrawn Wan-Fu... I watched him at a loc test a while back, and he looks ass. So did the firework guy (can't remember his name right now). Hopefully they will put some more work into them. Apart from anything, the style simply didn't match the rest of the cast.
Or so I heard from some loke test reports, but I hope that'll be improved in the final version... However, looking at still pics of Wan-Fu, I think he looks great...

Last edited:

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
kanakura said:
I like Iroha's design. White is beautiful... :mr_t:

Realtime blood spattering on her white clothing would fall into the 'Beautiful Violence' category. I doubt it will happen but just maybe..

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
EX_Andy said:
From the sound of things, this is just SS5S...S. Or SS5.03vb.
I missed that comment. I must say I find it quite stupid... Look at SS5, it has 24 characters (not to mention various bugs and many lame backgrounds)... On the other hand, Tenka has almost twice more characters, bringing back ALL of the 2D SS classic characters... Plus the new moves, various fighting modes, etc... yet it just warrants a "5.03" version number ? Riiiiight...

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
I just call it Samurai Sircus. With what SNK did to this game it's nothing more than a joke now.

Last edited: