SS 64 anime

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I saw em subbed on ebay a few months ago. I'm pretty sure it's 2 OVA's. How is it and if it is worth pick it up where can I get it?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Never buy fansubbed anime.

Personally, I've got the Japanese DVDs, which I'm working on subtitling myself.

-Deuce

C

Caris Nautilus

The anime is a 2 part OVA, it's pretty good. But it's not nearly long enough and it doesn't really end. I think they had more manga about it, but can't remember.

The story centers around Nakoruru, Shiki, Haohmaru and Asura for the most part. Most of the Samurai cast isn't even in it, you only see Galford for a few scenes. The best part of the whole thing IMO is a short bad ass fight between Genjuro and Asura in the first episode, where Genjuro dies (thats actually the only exciting part in the whole first epidsode).

Animation style is great, wish they made a whole series. You can buy them on HK dvd's, they are hard subtitled in chinese though. You can't find the Japan dvd's retail anymore, and they were like 50 each (1 episode per dvd). I hope they come here, the Samurai Shodown movie is finally coming to DVD in march, maybe they could follow.

<small>[ January 26, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</small>

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
thanks for the info but gentlemen

and duece I try to avoid fansubs but if it's the only way I can get it

C

Caris Nautilus

each episode is only 28 minutes as well. it's short as hell really. At the end of the first episode nothing much has really happened.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
You mistake my point. Fansubs are great. But you should never buy them (especially not on VHS). Fansubs are meant for free distribution. If you want, I can hook you up with my digisubs once they're done (about a week or so, I'd estimate).

-Deuce

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Deuce:
You mistake my point. Fansubs are great. But you should never buy them (especially not on VHS). Fansubs are meant for free distribution. If you want, I can hook you up with my digisubs once they're done (about a week or so, I'd estimate).

-Deuce
That would be awesome man thanks.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
EvilMike:
thanks for the info but gentlemen

and duece I try to avoid fansubs but if it's the only way I can get it
I have Caris's SS64 anime on one of the tapes he sent me its pretty fucking cool Genjuro gets ow3ned by Asura!!