SS 0 Special - report

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
If this owns SSZ, I'm gonna have to buy me a copy.

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
It's depressing that by the time i actually have enough money for it, most of them will be bought :(

beelzebubble said:
gameplay wise it certainly does.

I know its been discussed before, but would you mind explaining what 'does not'? Any flaws worth mentioning? I figure this thread would be a good place to outline this in a nutshell.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Electroman said:
I know its been discussed before, but would you mind explaining what 'does not'? Any flaws worth mentioning? I figure this thread would be a good place to outline this in a nutshell.

after extended play it became obvious ss5 is a bit of a mess balance wise. yoshis power and easy infinite make him almost duo strong. ukyo and others are not far off..... well put together game but balance issues are getting out of hand at the moment (svc, 2k3, ss5..). special seems especially tight at this point (dont want to say unequivocally coz its still fairly early days..).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Usually, when a game is about to get released, there is a lot of hype and people are getting excited about it... Then, when it's released, at least half of the people who were looking forward to it start bashing it.
This was true for most of the last SNKP games (apart from KoF 2003, maybe)...

But as for SS5S, I saw NO ONE complaining about it or saying it's bad since it's been released (almost 1 month ago now)... Just people praising it...
So I guess it has to rock big time. I loved SS5 already, so this is going to be the ultimate SS game for me, no doubt.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
beeze any info on my character? any info comparing the ssz and sszs versions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
beeze any info on my character? any info comparing the ssz and sszs versions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

gaira is an absolute beast, his j.HP is killer doing about half a bar with a nice solid hit. never saw him get used on ss5 but hes very popular on ss5spc. never played him so i couldnt detail the differences sorry..... everyone plays him around his throw. you find nasty traps for the command throw and youll do well.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
are all the backgrounds new? or are they the same as SS5 with a few new ones added?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some removed, some brand new ones... And some edited, like Mina's stage for instance, which is now at night unlike in SS5...

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
I just hope they got rid of most of the SS3 and SS4 recycled backgrounds because they are so tired. (backgrounds from the stages of Gaira, Basara, Nakoruru, Rimururu, Galford, Jubei/Shizumaru, Genjuro ect.) Seeing old backgrounds over and over again in each game takes away from giving the game a New feel.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't mind personally... Actually I wish they had kept more of the old backgrounds to make it so all the characters got their own background.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
So most of the backgrounds are now shared or random? I know Mizuki has her own background from the video. And from the pics on the SS0Spec website, it looks like Haohmaru got his SS2 background back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, from what I have gathered... The 4 bosses got their own backgrounds...
And the rest must share backgrounds or have one randomly or something, yeah...

But there are still more backgrounds than in SS5 in total.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
If this owns SSZ, I'm gonna have to buy me a copy.

I'm with you on this one, LWK! I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the process. :D

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
question for Inazuma

Inazuma,

Have you played the game yourself? I've gotten the imression that all characters probably DO have their own backgrounds. Otherwise, why would they have the volcano stage from SS3 again? They show it in Arcadia.

Matsukaze

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Inazuma said:
Usually, when a game is about to get released, there is a lot of hype and people are getting excited about it... Then, when it's released, at least half of the people who were looking forward to it start bashing it.
This was true for most of the last SNKP games (apart from KoF 2003, maybe)...

But as for SS5S, I saw NO ONE complaining about it or saying it's bad since it's been released (almost 1 month ago now)... Just people praising it...
So I guess it has to rock big time. I loved SS5 already, so this is going to be the ultimate SS game for me, no doubt.

I seem to remember that around here a lot of the releases had a lot of really bad things said about them before they were released.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
matsukaze said:
Inazuma,

Have you played the game yourself? I've gotten the imression that all characters probably DO have their own backgrounds. Otherwise, why would they have the volcano stage from SS3 again? They show it in Arcadia.

Matsukaze
No, I didn't play the game myself, unfortunately... But I asked Iggy (who's been playing betas and the final version) and he didn't seem to think all the characters had their own backgrounds.
But if they do, then that kicks ass. :D
Didn't know the volcano stage was in...

dmhawkmoon said:
I seem to remember that around here a lot of the releases had a lot of really bad things said about them before they were released.
Hmm yes, of course... But not as much as when the game's out, in my opinion.
The complaints before the game's out is mostly about the art and stuff, but people tend to give pretty positive feedback when they see video clips of games...
But my point was I heard nothing but positive stuff about SS5S...
Apart from an early beta report posted here, saying the balance was worse etc, which kinda got me worried... But then all I've been reading were praises.

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
SS0S testing

A lot of eople at neo-geo.com don't seem to realize how much location testing went into this game. There Were something like FOUR sessions. They tweaked the hell out of it based on each previous session.

Matsukaze

Last edited:
matsukaze said:
A lot of eople at neo-geo.com don't seem to realize how much location testing went into this game. There Were something like FOUR sessions. They tweaked the hell out of it based on each previous session.

Matsukaze

Hmm I do recall someone else mentioning that but thanks for the reminder for anyone who missed that statement before. Its an important statement really.