Special Retro Gamer offer for US subs

DocRobot

Quiz Detective
15 Year Member
I'll pass, too. The Metal Slug article was one reason, but I read a recent article regarding Final Fantasy. It was really... not that good at all. I kept asking myself if the writer ever played any of the games.

This attitude about whether or not any writer in question has ever played the games they write about seems to be a recurring theme with this rag.

That said, I enjoyed it right up until the MS fiasco played itself out. I can wade through some arbitrary amount of bullshit once in a while and enjoy something as a whole (read: any particular issue of RG) just fine, even the MS article. For me, that wasn't the issue.

The issue (for me) came when little butthurt Stu made his way over to these forums to "defend" his article. Had any defense actually occured, (as opposed to the ridiculous amount of ad hominem attacks, needless profanity, and abuse) I'd be fine with the situation. It's easy to paint him up as a hack writer with anger and ego issues, sure, but there was more going on. I wonder how much of his anger was due to his glaringly obvious hated of Americans?

Yeah, I'll just pass on the over-priced retromag with all the angry and racist people.