Special limited productions for AES.

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm confused. Is the 4 shipments just inserts and stickers and no games? That makes it sound like a ton of paper products.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Re: kweston

matsukaze said:
Are these all the art packs? Is it possible that there will be art packs coming for other games?
No other English AES art packs are planned.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
Electroman said:
My question is, how does a change of insert, a manual that doesn't belong with the original artwork, and a new sticker change the value?

It will bring the value down if you start fucking with an original.

This is kinda stupid....

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the quick reply, Shawn. Much appreciated.

P.S. I'll have an answer to your last e-mail soon.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
:p

that's silly. I can not see half these collectors scrapping off their NGH stickers and putting on the reprint. Well I guess at least this time they can not complain if the sticker look crocked or the insert has a small tear in it after they slide it in the slip :)

you bring out SSV special on NGH and I will be the first to preorder. BUt this is just for those anal collectors that want everything to match. thier only getting meg count though, after all it is not like they are going to redo anything older then 2000 like MOTW or KOF 96 in grey.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Crissaegrim said:
I'm confused. Is the 4 shipments just inserts and stickers and no games? That makes it sound like a ton of paper products.
Part of the shipment contains additional cartridges of already released titles, as well as repairs. I’m not exactly sure how they arranged this recent shipment, but I did request that these inserts/stickers are to be extremely well packaged and double boxed.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Well, at least some people that didn't know the MEG count for KOF2k1 now know it.

What did NGF say it was? It was something ridiculous. Oh well

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
This is indeed "Cool" news. *But I was hoping to hear that SNKP was finally going to release stuff like Shock Troopers, Ganryu, and some others never released at all on the AES to the AES format. I'd have bought an "Official" ST AES game just to say I finally had a home cart version of it even though I'm straight up MVS these days. Oh well... I guess you can't have everything and SNKP is proving to be a bit cool with this move. ***STILL THOUGH WOULDN'T WE HAVE RATHER SEEN MOTW 2 BE RELEASED?

MERCENARY X99

Da King

Banned
I think playmore just got gayer.
No hats or shirts?
No Last Blade 3?
WTF
those inserts look cool and all but this isnt really good news, to say the least.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
Electroman said:
My question is, how does a change of insert, a manual that doesn't belong with the original artwork, and a new sticker change the value?

I am guessing it will come with both the old and updated inserts.

Great news for US collectors, I guess.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
New packaging for old games is hardly going out with a bang.

It sounds like a lazy attempt to make a last quick buck off of their loyal fans before moving on.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think the inserts are what made these original games beautiful and unique.
Take KOF 96's US insert as a example.
How ugly would that look in gray?
Same thing goes for kof 2001 and 2002. I personally think the orignals are alot more tasteful and they all look sweet because of that difference.
This one is strictly for collectors, so I cant complain.

Its like trying to go back in time to change something.
Its really weird.

KOF 2001's US insert is fucking fantastic. I wouldnt think to replace this.

I mean its like taking the sgt peppers album and making it sound like everything before it.

This activity shows that playmore is catering only to the collector at this point.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Kim Kaphwan said:
Well, at least some people that didn't know the MEG count for KOF2k1 now know it.

What did NGF say it was? It was something ridiculous. Oh well

the neostore has it as 705 Megs

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
We have reached the anti-climax.

So, its not bad enough that we already spent hundreds of dollars on cartridges with fair to lame artwork and designs, Now they expect us to buy additional copies of the games to get it with the inserts the way they shoud have been in the first place.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn, PLEASE hear me out here

This is very cool news, but there is a slight problem. Obviously we're all going to want to buy the carts and have the new sticker on it, but in the end the value for these bundles will be much better if you simply keep the cart as is and save the new cart sticker in a folder (so the item was originally as it was when it was sold). My idea is for you to please swap the stickers yourself before selling them. This way everybody can be happy with their new carts, and not have to make the horrible decision of "if to swap stickers, or not to swap stickers". I understand that it will be a tad of work to do, but I think it would definitely bring up sales.

I hope everyone else agrees with this plan, it just makes things so much easier in the end for the buyer (and it gives shawn plenty of extra inserts to sell in the neostore). So Shawn, What do you think?

(Oh yeah, I can give you my word that i'm at least going to purchase the KOF'03 with new insert/sticker the day you are plan on offering them, so please hold me one)
PM me for my credit card info if you're willing to hold one for me.

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
KOF 2001's US insert is fucking fantastic. I wouldnt think to replace this.

. [/B]

Give me the name of the substance your smoking,
cause I want some.

Thank you Shawn.This inserts is awesome!!
Its time to pick up some new releases.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Spike said:
Beat me to it too short.

I wrote my post while the question was being answered, so I guess you're all just fast typers.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
This is gay , plain and simple. I'm very happy with the way my AES carts look.

I don't need to go hacking them up with repro crap. Plus I would like to see somebody remove an original cart sticker without scraching the cart all up.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Franco Bash said:
We have reached the anti-climax.

So, its not bad enough that we already spent hundreds of dollars on cartridges with fair to lame artwork and designs, Now they expect us to buy additional copies of the games to get it with the inserts the way they shoud have been in the first place.

My suggestion is not to buy them then

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
New stickers are REALLY fucking cool. Don't get me wrong there. But, adding the sticker yourself can do NOTHIN' but bring down the value. Am I right about this? Keep the sticker separate, of course, this will bring up the value in a sale. But you can't ruin a cart just for a sticker, can you? The cart must be bought with the sticker put on already, so Shawn, please, only you have the power to bring up the value of these US carts! Put 'em on yourself! There's no way the buyer can put these stickers on and retain the value that they would have with the sticker separate.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
New stickers are REALLY fucking cool. Don't get me wrong there. But, adding the sticker yourself can do NOTHIN' but bring down the value. Am I right about this? Keep the sticker separate, of course, this will bring up the value in a sale. But you can't ruin a cart just for a sticker, can you? The cart must be bought with the sticker put on already, so Shawn, please, only you have the power to bring up the value of these US carts! Put 'em on yourself! There's no way the buyer can put these stickers on and retain the value that they would have with the sticker separate.

Honestly, the stickers, insert, and all the other business should be handled at the factory. I doubt Shawn is going to want to carefully replace a crapload of cart stickers (I know I wouldn't). Also, it's going to be really difficult to swap stickers and even inserts without slightly degrading the condition.