Speak your mind! Tommo on Reddit right NOW!

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Reading Tommo's responses regarding firmware fixes for various issues and reaffirming there commitment to releasing more games, is very welcome news. Well done to them for listening.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'll wait until April to see how much support they are throwing behind the NGX before deciding on a purchase.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That's what they HAVE TO DO. They're not Sony, Nintendo, etc... they gotta go grassroots. If they can keep the lines of communication open and actually deliver, then they stand a chance. However they need to hurry while they have people's attention before people move on to the next bright, shiny gadget.

I want this to succeed, so I'm willing to bite the bullet with my hope. However I totally understand the people with a wait and see attitude. It's the completely negative skepticism that annoys me. That kind of attitude is what holds back progress.... and no don't come at me with a cheeky response like, "you call another emu portable with SNK on it progress?" Little steps man... little steps.

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
sound's promising. looks like their is hope in firmware fixes.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
I like the reference to this site "The detractors of your project have taken it upon themselves to start a "holy war" of sorts"
LOL too funny, cause its true.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
The thing that annoys me about this is 1000 people could all say they want MVS uncensored versions and nothing will be done about it.
I use to absolutely hate the English version of Samurai shodown 5 which was so basic it was crap, but when I got to play the Japanese story mode, even though I didnt understand it.
The cut scenes and the character interaction and mid boss make the game ten times better, so if this game gets put on there in English AES mode only, its a waste.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Tommo need to come to this forum and get amongst it. Address the criticisms head on in the arena of SNK diehards.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
If Tommo doesn't get on it, the hackers will. Everyone will be playing uncensored one way or the other.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Lol if Tommo came here the haters would have a field day, I am guessing they have been here reading some of the hate (even from members who have not even played it first hand so they can actually give a real opinion) and think no need for grief, thats why they went to a site I had never even heard off.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I like how "Andrew" never once attempted to comment on their illegal use of FBA or the sony PSX bios and other emulators that's hidden on the device. Someone even brought that up.

I am willing to bet AndrewNGX is trolling you guys.

I wish I had thought of it first.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire

You aren't trolling us? Unsurprisingly you'd be wrong, the AMA was advertised on their twitter and facebook.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I like how "Andrew" never once attempted to comment on their illegal use of FBA or the sony PSX bios and other emulators that's hidden on the device. Someone even brought that up.

Don't you have some SCART to BNC cables to make lol? Good job by the way. Love your cable. Nice to have a US based source. Have had to order a couple of the 25pin and BNC style cables from RetroGamingCables in the past. Can never have enough spares.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
One thing annoyed me today, with my AES if I was ever on my last credit and only ever had 1 control for it, I would unplug it and plug it into the 2 player slot and push start so would then get 4 more continues, just tried it with this and it just acts like the 1 player joystick still. I might put it away for now till some decent games are released as dont really want to risk wearing it out by playing mostly games I am not interested in.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Great post (are they posts?) on Reddit StealthLurker! Shame about the distinct lack of a reply though. I realise it would've have been a generic response, but still, an acknowledgement is an acknowledgement all the same...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
OI might put it away for now till some decent games are released as dont really want to risk wearing it out by playing mostly games I am not interested in.
Lee... you shouldn't be worrying about things like wearing out your NGX only ONE week after owning it. I know you don't mind splashing some cash every so often mate, so why not grab yourself a 2nd unit and enjoy this one without the apprehension of breakage? ;)

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Lee... you shouldn't be worrying about things like wearing out your NGX only ONE week after owning it. I know you don't mind splashing some cash every so often mate, so why not grab yourself a 2nd unit and enjoy this one without the apprehension of breakage? ;)
Most of my money is tied up in star wars :)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's what they HAVE TO DO. They're not Sony, Nintendo, etc... they gotta go grassroots. If they can keep the lines of communication open and actually deliver, then they stand a chance. However they need to hurry while they have people's attention before people move on to the next bright, shiny gadget.

I want this to succeed, so I'm willing to bite the bullet with my hope. However I totally understand the people with a wait and see attitude. It's the completely negative skepticism that annoys me. That kind of attitude is what holds back progress....

Well said, dude!

My sentiments exactly.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Great post (are they posts?) on Reddit StealthLurker! Shame about the distinct lack of a reply though. I realise it would've have been a generic response, but still, an acknowledgement is an acknowledgement all the same...

Maybe he'll start replying again when the work week starts. I'm guessing he actually takes time off work on the weekends... especially since his last reply was 2 days ago from Sunday. Oh well, haha.

While I have no intention of signing up for Reddit I did originally post this to both the Tommo and Blaze Neo Geo X Facebook pages until they changed the Terms of Service. I had maybe four more things on this wish list, however I can't remember what they were. I find it amazing that no one seems to care that the battery is not replaceable.

Fixes for currently released LE systems.
1. NG:DEV.TEAM's suggestions: "The NEOGEO uses 320x224, but the NGX scales it to 320x240 and upscales it to 640x480 for HDMI. Solution: don't scale to 240, just add 8px borders at top and bottom. Then scale pixel perfect to 640x480". "2. The NEOGEO uses an odd video refresh rate 59.18hz, but HDMI requires 59.94hz. Solution: speed up the emulation to 59.94Hz/60hz.".
2. Custom bios, high scores, saves (internal plus external Neo Geo X save card), region changes etc.
3. Fix sound and color quality issues.
4. Fix joystick lag through dock.
5. Allow charge and play.
6. Add option for scan lines.
7. 2 player through two handhelds.
8. High score upload option (trophies?).
9. Save preferred ratio or 4:3 as default.
10. Customizable L1,L2,R1,R2 (ie reset button etc).
11. Menu on handheld is low res and add more funtionality to menu.
12. Led brightness adjustment.
13. Sound on Neo Geo X start up screen.
14. Scrolling through menu is to sensitive, scrolls past game the user is trying to select.
15. Adjustment for pause on volume and brightness.

Future hardware fixes.
1. Include battery door for replacement.
2. Fix stick on device, too much dead space.
3. L2 and R2 buttons have way too much play.
4. Glass front instead of plastic.
5. Better screen and speakers.
6. Serial Numbers.

Addtional things needed.
1. More games. 1 game per card at first, release collections later.
2. Neo Geo Pocket style cases with manuals. Same mold could even be used if there was an sD case made that fit, look of game cart even?
3. New neo geo x arcade stick. current is nice for those who want the look of the original. Needs L1,L2,R1,R2 and menu. Compatibility with other systems like ps3 is a plus!
4. Stick feels light. Make stick easier to mod to Sanwa parts.
5. Dock is hard to use, guide rails would help. Closing the dock doesn't work smooth.
6. Add NGPC capability.
7. Get NG:DEV.TEAM on board along with others. At least one game that is specific to the NEO Geo X hardware.
8. Accessories i.e. charger, travel case, screen protector.
9. Adapters to use old sticks on new dock and new sticks on old consoles.
10. Neo Geo X save card to Neo Geo adapter. think micro sd to sd.
11. Full size dock more like original, reset button (Menu on stick) memory card, ports for old controlers (along with usb), headphone and volume.
12. Add cart funtionality to dock AES and NGPC (possibly through a NGPC to AES adapter or inside of dock).
13. Add Neo Geo CD capability, cd add on for dock like sega cd generation 1 (Front loading Neo Geo CD design would work under the dock) or seperate neogeo cd dock.
14. Neo Geo CD style controllers.
15. Wireless controllers.

People complain that the HDMI cable on the dock is too small but this is ok because the unit uses the small cable too.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
only i can say: TOMMO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!!

one month after it went on sale and still no games to buy. no news on release date or who are thinking of taking titles.

emulation sucks, bad image and sound even worse. can not save games and records, limit of continues of the game, censored games.