SOUTHTOWN HOMEBREW

plasmapants

Rugal's Thug
i know alot of you have used southtown before but for anyone who has not and is thinking of getting some shockboxes then please read on, ok so i want to start off by saying that southtown is an amazing company. a few weeks ago i was pondering on shocking out my mvs collection. after many emails back and forward to dan (mr southtown) i decided to go for it. southtown ordered in some extra large boxes to cater for 30 shocks per box, there was a total of 139 shocks incoming including the art, 50% white and 50% black. while the order was getting sorted i was asked is there any preference to which art goes in
which colour shock, if any adjustments needed to be made then it would of been done in a flash. the customer service is outstanding. a few weeks later this lot landed.

as a lot of you know the shockboxes are great for keeping your mvs carts nicely packed away and easy to find with the art in place. the standard of printing the art is top notch and they look amazing racked out.

the whole experience using southtown is amazing and i recommend them to anyone who has not used them, i know it seems quite expensive buying them but in the grand scheme of things, your carts are protected and looking awesome. imo the art for the mvs shocks are way better than the aes counterparts.

thanks guys for reading my thoughts and shock em out :buttrock:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wait... wa? you ordered 139 shockboxes at once? to the UK? wohow...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
don't people usually complain when these types of things double up? http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...se-for-Southtown-Homebrew&highlight=southtown

anyhow I agree they are a great place to get shocks which seem to be acceptable to store carts in more now? something about getting the ramen boxes that fit carts nice? I think the metal slug xx set art is the coolest so you should have got those instead,maybe this belongs in the collections thread?

pointless rambling aside southtowns great and your collection is impressive.

plasmapants

Rugal's Thug
i have already posted in the collection section but made this thread as a special thanks to southtown for hooking me up and for any noobs getting into the mvs scene. without us collectors buying, southtown wont be selling.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Alright PlasmaTits!

That whole set up looks mint as fuck. Fuck.

How much did all those Shocks set you back (139? Is that right?). Bet importing that lot was a fortune. Import VAT & Shipping & Admin "fee". Jesus...

plasmapants

Rugal's Thug
Alright PlasmaTits!

That whole set up looks mint as fuck. Fuck.

How much did all those Shocks set you back (139? Is that right?). Bet importing that lot was a fortune. Import VAT & Shipping & Admin "fee". Jesus...

yeah it was expensive but worth it, im by no means a rich man, haha who is collecting this shit?

selfReg

n00b
a couple of shocks of theirs came in about a week ago. Was impressed by the quality for sure!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Dan is really good to deal with, i have ordered bundles of shocks off him in the past. Good fella.

I just wish someone would make a nice complete uniform set of inserts for them. Old mate Thamiel was doing a good job there for a while but seems to have stopped. There was a guy making some nice Japanese style inserts as well but that seems to have died in the arse too.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
yeah it was expensive but worth it, im by no means a rich man, haha who is collecting this shit?

I saw two copies of SamSho V Special in there. You can make yourself a much more wealthy man with those right there if they are legit.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The price he can fetch with the SSVS probably still pales in comparison to the 139 shockboxes.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Awesome collection, I would love to know how much customs charges were placed on that lot?

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I ordered 14 boxes from them last week, all my mvs collection is packed with those boxes and they look amazing! I cant wait to get my shipment so I can finally put them with the others. I actually dont buy full regular kits with the cardboard boxes, it kinda looks ghetto in a display case! .. I just buy those southtown boxes instead :D

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think the benefit of going the shockbox route is the cost, it prevents me from wasting money on filler games that I'll never play like the world heroes games or the puzzle games. It's kept my collection very focused haha

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I think the benefit of going the shockbox route is the cost, it prevents me from wasting money on filler games that I'll never play like the world heroes games or the puzzle games. It's kept my collection very focused haha
you're kidding, right?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Old mate Thamiel was doing a good job there for a while but seems to have stopped.

Thamiel is hands down the best insert artist working on projects like this. He hasn't stopped making new ones, I've been keeping him very busy the last year and a half on various prints. +1 for Australia!

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Yep, they are. They are very solid; they dont feel cheap at all. They feel like legit products

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
World Heroes and WH2 get played here on a regular basis. Death match is where it's at.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Shock boxes are ace - even more so if you have the space to display them.

I was in the process of ordering some a few years back until some popped up in EU but I was close to buying, Dan was the one who I was dealing with and was most helpful :)

Esper Wizard

New Challenger
Your collection looks gorgeous. I have shockboxes too and I love them. I just don't have nearly as many games or shockboxes as you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Too bad BB isn't still selling them, you could have save a ton of money.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Southtown shocks are a great option to protect your MVS carts and also display quite well on the bookcase!

autobahn3000

Banned
Love it!
I just made my "3rd" order yesterday for Baseball Stars 2, Prehistoric Isle 2, Shock Troopers, & Ninja Master's!!!
The trick is to order as many as possible at once to save on shipping!!! ;)
$150.00 plus already sent, buy I say its well worth it; $8.00 a shockbox & $3.00 for a color insert is very respectable price.

Thanks Dan & I really appreciate all the emails when you had your power outages. I hope your doing well.