Sonic x Shadow Generations

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I really did like Generations a lot, remaster coming in the Fall

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I mean the original was good but it’s depressing that it’s still the best Sonic content (except for maybe Mania) in 20 years.

I’m in no rush to rebuy or play this. I wonder if the Shadow content will add any value (probably not).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is a remaster? I thought it was an all-new game. What happened to the new Sonic Team that was on the way?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If so, I think I'm gonna pass. I almost always skip remasters. They don't interest me.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Someone had a megadrive growing up. I always felt like they were the Tesco value version of a good console but eh

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It was a Megadrive 2 :keke:

Speaking of supermarket value products, have you seen that Waitrose now offer ‘Essential Tiramisu’?

Just because times are hard, you shouldn’t have to cut back on the bare essentials.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Someone had a megadrive growing up. I always felt like they were the Tesco value version of a good console but eh
For me the first time I ever really played/ enjoyed sonic was on the Dreamcast. I had 1 on the Genesis but never put that much time into it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They fucked up the Sonic Colors remake as badly as they possibly could have so confidence is low.
Yeah, it sucked. The remaster was done by Blind Squirrel Games (who the hell trusts a dev with a name like that?) but I think this new one is actually from Sonic Team?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, it sucked. The remaster was done by Blind Squirrel Games (who the hell trusts a dev with a name like that?) but I think this new one is actually from Sonic Team?
Don't know, don't care. Colors was a much better game than Generations anyway, and I don't care who did the actual work on the botched port. SEGA let the remake be released in the state it was.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Don't know, don't care. Colors was a much better game than Generations anyway, and I don't care who did the actual work on the botched port. SEGA let the remake be released in the state it was.
When it's handled internally at Sega, instead of farmed out on a fixed budget, it's more likely to have a sufficient budget and be done with care.

I trust Sonic Team way more than Puzzle-my-Bunghole Studios, in Fuckville, AZ.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Damn, Shadow is old enough to have some sort of retrospective game now? I guess its been 23 or so years since he debuted in Sonic Adventure 2, but it feels like yesterday to me...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Never had sonic and when I did get to play it I was like eh give me Nigel Mansell's Championship Racing please.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
If the Switch can handle it, how much of a remaster of a 360/PS3 game can it be? Is Shadow some kind of Urban Dictionary term for 720p?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If the Switch can handle it, how much of a remaster of a 360/PS3 game can it be? Is Shadow some kind of Urban Dictionary term for 720p?
It's a good point. If done right, the detail and resolution are going to need to be pared back quite a bit on the Switch. And as usual, PS5 and Series X versions will basically be last gen games, but running at 4K60.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Damn, Shadow is old enough to have some sort of retrospective game now? I guess its been 23 or so years since he debuted in Sonic Adventure 2, but it feels like yesterday to me...
lol