Sonic Advance + Sonic Pinball Party Combo pack out now!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
B000BAR9MQ.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jesus, talk about sneaking one under the radar. For people who missed Sonic Pinball Party the first time around when it was a Target and Toys R Us exclusive, now you can get it pretty much everywhere, it came out today, I only found this out when I detoured from errands and stopped by Toys R Us.

2 Games on 1 cart, you can't beat that value.

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
I missed out on Pinball Party as well. What are the boards like? Hopefully it plays more like the pinball stage in Sonic Adventure 1 than Sonic Spinball... that game left a horrid aftertaste in my mouth.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
bokmeow said:
B000BAR9MQ.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jesus, talk about sneaking one under the radar. For people who missed Sonic Pinball Party the first time around when it was a Target and Toys R Us exclusive, now you can get it pretty much everywhere, it came out today, I only found this out when I detoured from errands and stopped by Toys R Us.

2 Games on 1 cart, you can't beat that value.

They should've have made a 4 games in 1 cart with, :spock: :cool:

Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Pinball Party

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
Well, since Sonic Advance 3 is still selling for $30 brand new, they'd be losing some cash.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
ShyningFade said:
Well, since Sonic Advance 3 is still selling for $30 brand new, they'd be losing some cash.

Should I buy the Sonic GBA games seperately?. :D :D

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
ShyningFade said:
I missed out on Pinball Party as well. What are the boards like? Hopefully it plays more like the pinball stage in Sonic Adventure 1 than Sonic Spinball... that game left a horrid aftertaste in my mouth.

The boards are pretty good. Unlike Spinball, the physics are pretty good, the design is like classic pinball tables, good bumper placements, nice bonus/special modes. The only shortcoming of the game I would say is in the multi-ball mode, because the camera won't follow the balls on the upper playfield unless all 3 are in the upper playfield, which is understandable because if you're saving balls, you don't want them to drain on the lower playfield while the balls are racking up jackpots on the top bumpers. I'd love to see an enhanced version on the Nintendo DS in the same way Metroid Pinball uses the dual screens to display upper and lower playfields at the same time.

I like the NiGHTS table as well, the music is great, the design is great, the Nightmare modes are great.

Samba table is the sparsest table, and at times it feels more like playing Skeeball rather than playing Pinball, but I enjoy the challenge of juggling the balls, it gives it a more classic pinball feel.