Something you don't see every day (CPS2)

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Ok, you and Joe need to get your crews together and battle it out.

I want to see this thing in action.

:D

We should. But first I need to get two more CPS2 kick harnesses and fix my other 6 button cab to use instead of the Wrestlemania.

Really awesome to see this in action. I can imagine how awesome it must have been when it all booted up correctly.

Yep. While I as waiting for the cables to arrive I read over the instructions and got some clarification on a few things from Wigsplitta. Booted on the first try after that. Pretty awesome standing there with four cabinets all sync'd together.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'd friggin love to do this at my place, but I only have 3 of the 4 needed cabs and I only have 6 button cps for 2 of those :(

still badass you got it all goin mits!

Dion

I'd friggin love to do this at my place, but I only have 3 of the 4 needed cabs and I only have 6 button cps for 2 of those :(

still badass you got it all goin mits!

I could bring my Supergun for Player 4. Put the two 6 button cabs as Terminals 1 and 2. Supergun as terminal 3. Put the bad players on terminal 3 and 4. The winners always gets moved toward terminal 1. So the championship match always gets played on term 1. 3rd and 4th place match on term 2, etc.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I could bring my Supergun for Player 4. Put the two 6 button cabs as Terminals 1 and 2. Supergun as terminal 3. Put the bad players on terminal 3 and 4. The winners always gets moved toward terminal 1. So the championship match always gets played on term 1. 3rd and 4th place match on term 2, etc.

that could work, I've got room next to the cabs to put a PVM. I guess we could get set the one playing on the astro like a neo setup lp,lk,hp,hk and leave out the middle strength buttons, not ideal but it would work. I've only got 2 A-boards and and 2 kick harnesses as well.

actually I just realized I've got a spare 2L8B panel, if you could drill some holes in it, we'd have another 2L12B and I've got plenty of buttons to fill it :)

Dion

actually I just realized I've got a spare 2L8B panel, if you could drill some holes in it, we'd have another 2L12B and I've got plenty of buttons to fill it :)

I like drilling things. But sometimes I rush and make a mess. Wait...what were we talking about?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I like drilling things. But sometimes I rush and make a mess. Wait...what were we talking about?

lol nice.

just looked over my panel, there isn't much room a shot button 6 on the P2 side. I don't really care whatever happens to this panel though, it came with the NAC in the philly buy and I was holding onto it to be a shmup panel, so I can always just use plugs if need be

IMG_20140228_210912136.jpg

IMG_20140228_210922931.jpg

very strange layout on this panel :scratch:

Dion

Hmm. It could definitely be done. I know just where I would drill the holes at.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I've seen your video the day you uploaded it, great stuff!

I've read about this in the past but never had the chance to see such a comprehensive video like you did.

Big congrats for pulling this out!!

EDIT- such a shame i'm on the other side of the globe, i could donate 2 CP's fully populated :lolz:

Last edited:

Dion

I've seen your video the day you uploaded it, great stuff!

I've read about this in the past but never had the chance to see such a comprehensive video like you did.

Big congrats for pulling this out!!

EDIT- such a shame i'm on the other side of the globe, i could donate 2 CP's fully populated :lolz:

Thanks for the kind words. What's stopping you from donating? A little bit of water?? JK.

Dion

Looks like a tournament will be coming together. Anybody who is interested let us know. I'm sure mostly east-coast guys but anybody will be welcome. I don't know many details yet just that it will be in the Raleigh area. Maybe in April or May. It will be a good chance to play on this rare setup and maybe if we have enough people we can have prizes. I don't see why we can't do some other games also. I can bring a bunch of CPS3 kits to put in cabs. We could have a ST tourney maybe. 3rd Strike? JojoBA?

I want to take lots of video of people enjoying this setup to post to my Youtube stream.

Anyone interested?