Someone reccomend a decent PSP game to me...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've got Lumines, MGA and Wipeout.. frankly they're played out.

I know there aren't many games out, so push me in the direction of another solid title with deep gameplay and a lot of hours...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
If you like Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norrath, and Diablo, then by all means pick up Untold Legends. It really is a great little action/RPG that will give you many hours of play, and is easy to pick up and play any time. It isn't the most complex game of this style out, personally I'd rather have a true BG game on the PSP, but its still a nice little game. Plenty of variety and lots of different weapons/armor/objects, and like BG and CoN, you can add items to the weapons or armor to enhance them. Nice for the first game of this style on the system!

MJ1984

Banned
Ridge Racer is really an amazing game. It will keep you busy for a long time since it has so many races and the difficulty really ramps up at the end. The music and graphics are awesome, it really shows the power of the PSP. Best looking game on any handheld ever! And you can probably get it pretty cheap now too... And Twisted Metal is cool because of its online multiplayer. You should check that out if you havn't already.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Hot Shots Golf and Ridge Racer...

Sell or trade in MGA and Wipeout - they both suck.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
chimpmeister said:
If you like Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norrath, and Diablo, then by all means pick up Untold Legends. It really is a great little action/RPG that will give you many hours of play, and is easy to pick up and play any time. It isn't the most complex game of this style out, personally I'd rather have a true BG game on the PSP, but its still a nice little game. Plenty of variety and lots of different weapons/armor/objects, and like BG and CoN, you can add items to the weapons or armor to enhance them. Nice for the first game of this style on the system!

I really want to pick this up but everyone says it sucks...

Afterall, you did like Bloodwake :kekeke: :smirk:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Like everyone else said, Hot Shots and Ridge Racer are must own titles for the PSP. I bought my PSP in December when it came out in Japan with those two titles and still are playing them! There is an enormous amout of replay value in both carts, and I highly recommend both.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I too would recommend Ridge Racer, has quite a bit to unlock and keep your interest as well. Frankly, it and Lumines are the only two games I see worth getting on PSP...for a long time. I also picked up Darkstalkers, and I would avoid it. Waste of money, the D-Pad on the PSP is either pure shit for fighters, or the games control was programmed by monkeys.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
IoriYagami n8 said:
I too would recommend Ridge Racer, has quite a bit to unlock and keep your interest as well. Frankly, it and Lumines are the only two games I see worth getting on PSP...for a long time. I also picked up Darkstalkers, and I would avoid it. Waste of money, the D-Pad on the PSP is either pure shit for fighters, or the games control was programmed by monkeys.

Yeah I traded in my Darkstalkers.

Lumines and Ridge are the 2 best.

Hot Shots is pretty good too but I dont see myself holding onto it much longer.

MJ1984

Banned
IoriYagami n8 said:

Yeah the controls on Darkstalkers are HORRIBLE! There's something wrong with the way they programmed that D-Pad. I have to play it on easy controls because I can't get the moves to work on normal. But I keep playing it because there are so many things to unlock.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I hate to say it.. most of it is a waste of time.

If you haven't done much with older Twisted Metal games... you should check that out.

Its about the only game besides mercury that I have kept. I sold all my others off.

I don't know why.. but TM is a load of fun.

BV

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Well i know i'm just repeating what everyone has said already, but i would definately reccomend Ridge Racer. It's just a sweet game, tons to unlock, great graphics, and excellent control. Also i may be the only one, but i quite enjoyed Dalkstalkers. I think i'min the minority in that opion though.