Some SVC Chaos PCB questions

Gladson

n00b
So even though I've been playing Neo Geo since the 90s (not at home of course) I had never seen one of those one-game Neo Geo PCBs until very recently.

Speaking specifically about SVC Chaos, 90% of pictures show the PCB with a blue label. However, I've seen some with black labels so I was wondering if one of another might be bootlegs. At first I thought it could be a regional variation but those PCBs where ever released only in Japan, right?

images (11).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

Are both "variations" legit? Mvs-scans only shows the blue one.

And one more question, for those who might have a complete kit for this PCB: can you kindly provide the Playmore cardboard box dimensions? Thanks in advance!

images (12).jpeg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Blue text label = English/USA

Black text label = Japanese (look closely, you can see Japanese text in fine print)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You have just witnessed the strength of goob knowledge.

Gladson

n00b
Blue text label = English/USA

Black text label = Japanese (look closely, you can see Japanese text in fine print)

Was this PCB version of the game ever released in US? I've always read the the US got the regular MVS cart while Japan had the PCB version so an US version is new knowledge for me.

The language is set by the dip switches and the original kit has both english and japanese instructions so I assume both versions are exactly the same except for the label color?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Thing is, English MVS games were sold in more regions than just USA. The blue label English board could have been just a Taiwan / Europe / South America release.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The carts weren't released in Japan, but the PCB was international.