SOLDNER X - COMING TO PSN.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Haven't played it, but it's got a selectable weapon system, some sort of chaining mechanic, and it looks beautiful for a PC shooter. I'd definitely check it out for myself if I owned a PS3.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I hope they fix all the problems the PC version had. Like respawning into a wall multiple times... :oh_no:

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
thats cool. About time they ported it to a console. Ps3 is a good choice. Xbox live would be even better though (when it needs new titles) decent game I have a pc copy

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
Burried somewhere is a thread with my impressions of the PC version. To sum it up, it was ok, but not great. And it DID have bugs like respawning into walls. And the voice-over was total shit.

evil son

Bead Banger
this game is still not out on psn.thought it was supposed to come out today.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
It is out on PSN now. I just purchased it myself. It is downloading as we speak.

I will be sure to post my impressions of it when I get a chance. I did not play the PC version as I was waiting for it to release on PSN. I waited for a PSN release since before it was even an official PC release. Here's to hoping it turns out well.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
The game has a pure European shooter feel… tough popcorn enemies, health bar, random bullet fire…

One thing I do not like are the invisible barriers on the top and bottom… That gets annoying as you see an enemy you want to shoot OR you are trying to dodge and you cannot fly down or up enough, it is like hitting a wall :rolleyes:

The game look very beautiful though. The default is set on easy. I didn't know at first as I was searching for my score in the rankings and started looking in normal and then looked to find it in easy score table.

OF NOTE:
If you are a fan of manic danmaku shooting game, this will surely disappoint. For me I don't pledge allegiance to a one developer or style… I am a fan of ALL shooting game.

evil son

Bead Banger
The game has a pure European shooter feel… tough popcorn enemies, health bar, random bullet fire…

One thing I do not like are the invisible barriers on the top and bottom… That gets annoying as you see an enemy you want to shoot OR you are trying to dodge and you cannot fly down or up enough, it is like hitting a wall :rolleyes:

The game look very beautiful though. The default is set on easy. I didn't know at first as I was searching for my score in the rankings and started looking in normal and then looked to find it in easy score table.

OF NOTE:
If you are a fan of manic danmaku shooting game, this will surely disappoint. For me I don't pledge allegiance to a one developer or style… I am a fan of ALL shooting game.
yeah I like all kinds too.I am liking this game it has an old school arcade feel to it
y

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
its a respectable shooter; played it on the PC a while back. the power up system is the only thing that really makes this game stand out. $9.99 isnt a bad price for it

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Any improvements/bug fixes vs. the PC version? ... such as re-spawning into an obstacle and being forced to die? :lolz:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I just got this last night and blazed through the first two stages.

The bosses are somewhat easy but I think that is because the default setting is set to easy.

Nice looking shooter, very European feel and look to it.

GAMEFAN

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Sorry to be jumping on this tread late, but I am really having a great time with this game. I think the visuals are really incredible, tons of polish. Although I do wish the actual design of the game was a little stronger.

I started the game on normal mode and I have to say it is incredibly difficult for me. I am not the best shooter out there but I really think this game is insanely unforgiving.

Is anyone else playing on normal, or hard mode? If so, have you finished the game?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
im having a bitch of time a time trying to actually start this game up. when it gets to the eastasiasoft logo screen a message pops up saying that it cant install the trophies and to make sure theres enough room (60MB) on my hard drive (i have 13 GB left). ive uninstalled and re-downloaded/re-installed the game a few times and deleted all of my savde data for it.

anyone else having this problem???

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
im having a bitch of time a time trying to actually start this game up. when it gets to the eastasiasoft logo screen a message pops up saying that it cant install the trophies and to make sure theres enough room (60MB) on my hard drive (i have 13 GB left). ive uninstalled and re-downloaded/re-installed the game a few times and deleted all of my savde data for it.

anyone else having this problem???

Wow, nope, no problems like that.

Just the one where you spawn into walls and go dead like BLEAGHHHAGFA before you even know what the hell's happening.

Still not too bad for $10, though, don't get me too wrong.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
I downloaded this last night and I enjoyed it more that I thought I would. A pretty solid shooter I would recommend it.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
just played for the first time on PC. Cool game, awesome visuals, but there is definatly somethin missing. It almost seems too slow and not enough "WOW" explosions on screen at once. Not great, not bad, just good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm rtyinghard to dig this game, but maybe it is the Euro shmup aura that it has that prevents me from accepting it as a genuinly good game, I have no solid complaints but an uneasy feeling everytime I play it.

Flavor

Saver,
Söldner-X: Under $10

Hey guys. Just in case you care, Play-Asia has Soldner-X for PC for under $10 this week. I think it's actually a great deal even if you play on PS3, because this is the limited edition that comes with a bunch of extras. It seems like a steal to me.

Here's a post about it.

packshot.jpg

Here's a link to Play-Asia where you can buy it for $9.99.

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've got the PC version of Soldner-X...it's decent.

I wonder if they've released a patch for it that adds all the tweaks made to the PS3 version, which supposedly make the game better.

[edit]
What I found interesting about the PC version is that it trys to mimic a console game. There is no install, you just pop the disc in and it runs off it. You can copy the entire disc to your hard drive if you want to improve loading times, and in that case you don't even have to put the disc in to play. When you get a patch for it, it's just a small .bin file that goes on your hard drive and a registry key is added to tell the game where the .bin is.