SOLD OUT AGAIN: Pochi and Nyaa

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
NeoFight said:
Nope, I did good and resisted. Im sure Ill get it for under 500 eventually, who knows.

Sorry for the off topic post, but NeoFight, what is your avatar from? I always wondered...

-Nick

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have a little more news for those who ordered a Pochi and Nyaa kit:

I just contacted Aiky about the production quantity. They said that the entire amount of carts produced were so few that they could have stacked all of them on a desk in their office.

My guess is that they decided to do such a low production for test market reasons. I mean, there's no reason to pump out 5000 of these things before you know how interested the market is (and we all know that the market for puzzle games isn't exactly in it's prime). I myself hope that they do produce a second run of these carts. But, I also hope that they are Japanese only labeled, as there is no real reason for an English labeled version aside from us collectors.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
ResOGlas said:
I have a little more news for those who ordered a Pochi and Nyaa kit:

I just contacted Aiky about the production quantity. They said that the entire amount of carts produced were so few that they could have stacked all of them on a desk in their office.

My guess is that they decided to do such a low production for test market reasons. I mean, there's no reason to pump out 5000 of these things before you know how interested the market is (and we all know that the market for puzzle games isn't exactly in it's prime). I myself hope that they do produce a second run of these carts. But, I also hope that they are Japanese only labeled, as there is no real reason for an English labeled version aside from us collectors.

Damn Rez, that is some tasty newz... :drool:

I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Amano Jacu said:
I'm just wondering one thing out of curiosity...

Are you guys paying, I guess at least 500$, for an arcade game just on release? Do you do so because you are afraid this game will be hard to find or will not drop in price, or because you can't frigging wait?

It's $457.50 shipped.

Because the production run is so low and there's no guarantee there will be a second run... And I like this kind of game and I want to give to the community by showing videos and inviting people from the area to come over and try it.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
why buy?

Amano Jacu said:
Are you guys paying, I guess at least 500$, for an arcade game just on release? Do you do so because you are afraid this game will be hard to find or will not drop in price, or because you can't frigging wait?

You raise a very good point.
I cannot speak for the others, but I can speak for myself.
:glee:
I purchased the game as well and here is why.

With the way the neogeo market is right now, we are merely one release away from "the last release". We are (and have been) on borrowed time for quite some time. When the latest Metal Slug or King of Fighters is released every year or so, the concern as to wether or not they will be "attainable" is rather low. Those are the flagship titles and they are produced in rather large numbers. The same logic can also usually be applied to the other yearly fighting game releases.

However. when it comes to the sports, puzzle, platform, shooters, or any other game genre variety, the situation is very different. Just look at the last few (non fighting/non metal slug) modern releases for the NeoGeo...nightmare in the dark...bang bead...prehistoric isle 2...strikers 1945 plus...etc. They are far more scarce now then they were upon release and they did not have any home releases either.

In the end, I agree that only those who "can't frigging wait" will pay $500 or $1,000 or more for the latest KOF or Metal Slug. And that if you simply excercise patience, you will eventually be able to get them for far less. Therefore, I like most people simply wait for those. But for me, it's simply not a risk I am willing to take with the other smaller, lesser known, and odd ball titles.
:oh_no:

Lastly in my opinion, even if more of them surface (which I am fairly certain there should be a few more out there somewhere) it won't bother me so long as the games drop in value is "moderate" and within reason. In other words, a box of 12 selling for $350 next month, followed by another box of 12 selling for $300 the next month, etc. does not bother me one bit. The only thing that WOULD bother me would be a "rage of the dragons" type of scenario...where all of a sudden 300 of them show up at $39 a pop. But in this particular case, I decided to take a well calculated risk due to the uniqueness of the release. I stongly feel that it could be the next Bang Bead. We simply have no idea how many of them are out there and I simply cannot risk it.
:spock:
Billy Pitt

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
Re: why buy?

SuperGun said:
You raise a very good point.
I cannot speak for the others, but I can speak for myself.
I purchased the game as well and here is why.

With the way the neogeo market is right now, we are merely one release away from "the last release". We are (and have been) on borrowed time for quite some time. When the latest Metal Slug or King of Fighters is released every year or so, the concern as to wether or not they will be "attainable" is rather low. Those are the flagship titles and they are produced in rather large numbers. The same logic can also usually be applied to the other yearly fighting game releases.

However. when it comes to the sports, puzzle, platform, shooters, or any other game genre variety, the situation is very different. Just look at the last few (non fighting/non metal slug) modern releases for the NeoGeo...nightmare in the dark...bang bead...prehistoric isle 2...strikers 1945 plus...etc. They are far more scarce now then they were upon release and they did not have any home releases either.

In the end, I agree that only those who "can't frigging wait" will pay $500 or $1,000 or more for the latest KOF or Metal Slug. And that if you simply excercise patience, you will eventually be able to get them for far less. Therefore, I like most people simply wait for those. But for me, it's simply not a risk I am willing to take with the other smaller, lesser known, and odd ball titles.
:oh_no:

Lastly in my opinion, even if more of them surface (which I am fairly certain there should be a few more out there somewhere) it won't bother me so long as the games drop in value is "moderate" and within reason. In other words, a box of 12 selling for $350 next month, followed by another box of 12 selling for $300 the next month, etc. does not bother me one bit. The only thing that WOULD bother me would be a "rage of the dragons" type of scenario...where all of a sudden 300 of them show up at $39 a pop. But in this particular case, I decided to take a well calculated risk due to the uniqueness of the release. I stongly feel that it could be the next Bang Bead. We simply have no idea how many of them are out there and I simply cannot risk it.
:spock:
Billy Pitt

I couldn't have even came close to saying it better, but this is the exact reason why I jumped on the next to the last one, and I thought about it long and hard before I placed my order.
If it turns out I made the wrong decision then oh well, it's not the first time I've pissed away money.

TheBigBB

So now we have the following list of members who bought it:

dmhawkmoon
D-Lite
ResOglas
Robert Wallace
Games91999
T_smallz
Whitey
Droid
SuperGun
PESTILENT

That means at least 10/17 copies (US ditribution) were bought by members of this site.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Fk that..I'll wait..
If I can't get it later then the heck with it..

As much as I want to complete my MVS collection,I'm sorry but I'd rather buy a whole cab then spend the price of one game..

No way..

I could of bought one of those or the Candy cab I bought..
No comparison for me..
(Just my opinion)

TheBigBB

Hey chris1, if you want to try the game out let me know...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
dmhawkmoon said:
Hey chris1, if you want to try the game out let me know...

OMG!!..
You bought one..Congrats!!
Fknn Sweet..!!

I didn't see that post when I posted....Wow!!

Sure,I'd like to try it..(you know I'm not going to want to let it go..)I'll let you know when I get some time..
You might as well bring some other games too.
Let me know when you get it..

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
dmhawkmoon said:

That means at least 10/17 copies (US ditribution) were bought by members of this site.

Wow, I bet the distributors will find this "weird"... I mean, those units were released with the intention of being used in an arcade, where the owner wants it to get coins from regular users. But most of them have finished for the particular use (unless some you also put your cab somewhere for public use).

I don't really know how this will affect the market. Somebody has said this units were sold to "test" the US market. I guess they were referring to the general arcade one. If they did well (and I mean getting a lot of coins in location, not a lot of orders from collectors), they could get a second batch as more arcades would be interested.

Notice that I am not complaining about anything, you bought it legally and you have the right to do whatever you want with your money and with the stuff you buy with it. But still this is very strange. I can't understand buying an arcade game on release for particular use, but I respect your decission.

For home users, they will most than likely release a SUPERIOR DC &/or PS2 port based in the Naomi (or Atomiswave?) version. Sorry, most likely no home cart. And we all know that most MVS carts finish in the hands of home users for a much cheaper price after their arcade life has finished, usually some months after release.

About this release being English labeled, it makes sense to me, and I am not talking about "having collectors in mind". They were labeled in English because they were made for the English Arcade market. End of the story. Remember that arcade games are supposed to be used only in its region of origin. When this game is released in Japan, they will get it in Japanese for the same reasons.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
is Trieu getting any more Pochi and Nyaa kits in? Either US or Japanese?? :spock:

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Fact and Thoughts

Tarma said:
is Trieu getting any more Pochi and Nyaa kits in? Either US or Japanese?? :spock:

Trieu is not restocking these. It was in the original sales thread.

If these 17 kits (maybe 18 with res's promo) were in fact sold to test the US market. There will be little to NO feedback since mostly home gamers sucked up the release. Hence the game would not have a second run & will become a delicious rare addition to everyone's Neo Geo librarys. Like they say at McDonalds,

"I'm lovin it!"

T "Pochi and Nyaa proud owner" Smallz

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
lol

Actually, since it sold out so fast, you guys probably just influenced them to make a ton more!

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Actually, since it sold out so fast, you guys probably just influenced them to make a ton more!

Thats what I'm thinking, heh. Pochi madness for everone!

Droid

TheBigBB

Amano Jacu said:
Wow, I bet the distributors will find this "weird"... I mean, those units were released with the intention of being used in an arcade, where the owner wants it to get coins from regular users. But most of them have finished for the particular use (unless some you also put your cab somewhere for public use).

I don't really know how this will affect the market. Somebody has said this units were sold to "test" the US market. I guess they were referring to the general arcade one. If they did well (and I mean getting a lot of coins in location, not a lot of orders from collectors), they could get a second batch as more arcades would be interested.

Notice that I am not complaining about anything, you bought it legally and you have the right to do whatever you want with your money and with the stuff you buy with it. But still this is very strange. I can't understand buying an arcade game on release for particular use, but I respect your decission.

For home users, they will most than likely release a SUPERIOR DC &/or PS2 port based in the Naomi (or Atomiswave?) version. Sorry, most likely no home cart. And we all know that most MVS carts finish in the hands of home users for a much cheaper price after their arcade life has finished, usually some months after release.

About this release being English labeled, it makes sense to me, and I am not talking about "having collectors in mind". They were labeled in English because they were made for the English Arcade market. End of the story. Remember that arcade games are supposed to be used only in its region of origin. When this game is released in Japan, they will get it in Japanese for the same reasons.

I don't believe these were made to test any market, man. They already did testing with those promo carts. Also, the distributors won't find this weird because the only distributor here is Trieu. And Trieu said he wasn't restocking. That means he doesn't think they'll make another run... If they're not going to make another run then why do they care who buys it? Trieu bought some and that ought to be all they care about. I'm sure the makers will be happy to know that these aren't all going to be mangled in a public cab for the next ten years.

And make no mistake, I am not going to keep this a secret. I am going to do all I can to let people play it and share it with the community.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
WTF!!!!! I went to buy it and its gone:crying: :crying: . Aw man, I wanted one soooo bad. I was waiting for this, I just needed to wait till friday to get paid. What does this limited release mean?? Is it just limited 17 copies in english label form or 17 copies worldwide?? If it is in mvs jp vers. form does, anyone have a link from where I can order it or am I s.o.l.? God this sux, I can't believe it sold sooooo fast. Even if the game sux, no one is gunna sell it, having one of 17 copies in existance. Im sure it wont suck, either. The screen shots look awsome. I was totaly waiting for a new puzzler. damndamndamn.

TheBigBB

ajk1080 said:
WTF!!!!! I went to buy it and its gone:crying: :crying: . Aw man, I wanted one soooo bad. I was waiting for this, I just needed to wait till friday to get paid. What does this limited release mean?? Is it just limited 17 copies in english label form or 17 copies worldwide?? If it is in mvs jp vers. form does, anyone have a link from where I can order it or am I s.o.l.? God this sux, I can't believe it sold sooooo fast. Even if the game sux, no one is gunna sell it, having one of 17 copies in existance. Im sure it wont suck, either. The screen shots look awsome. I was totaly waiting for a new puzzler. damndamndamn.

As of right now I'm guessing that there are about 50 carts total...