Soccer... whats the best one?

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Ive seen many different soccer games, currently I have soccer brawl, but which would be the best normal scocer to get? Hows pleasure goal?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I am a big fan of Ultimate 11, to echo Ninja, the graphics and art style are the best IMO.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I haven't spent much time with Pleasuregoal, but it's futsal (5-on-5 soccer/football instead of traditional 11-on-11). Because of the change in number of players on the field, the play area is also much smaller than normal. It feels a little more arcade-y than many of the other soccer games on the platform, but I prefer the Super Sidekicks series, especially considering the price difference.

I personally prefer Ultimate 11, looks the nicest.

I've always thought Super Sidekicks 3 was the pinnacle of that series (and Neo soccer games as a whole).

Last edited:

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
I have played SSK1, 2 and 3. Eventually I'll play Ultimate 11 on MVS, but I can't comment on that game, although some people seem to dig it a lot.

For me personally, I see SSK3 as the best game of the series. While it is true that SSK3 doesn't add a lot of new features in comparison to SSK2, I like the presentation best. Some special moves and post-goal victory screens are downright hilarious. The music is pretty good, and gameplay is fluid. It has a learning curve though, especially against the CPU. Against a human opponent it represents some of the best times I've ever had playing video games. You'll find yourself trash-talking, humiliating your opponent with outrageous foul tackles, and screaming out loud as you try to score a goal from a few meters away but the goalkeeper just won't stop making all these great saves.

So, in short, highly recommend SSK3.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I personally enjoy the supersidekicks games. I own 1 2 and 3. ive played a lil ultimate 11 and it looks great!

soccer brawl is pretty cool as well. I like how you can power up your meter to perform super kicks and shoot out of your arms against the opponents

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I love Super Sidekicks 3, for me it is the best. It was my third neogeo game, i bought it in 1995 and normally we organized tournaments, me and my friends.

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Tecmo World Soccer '96....it is a funny game to me.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
3 or 98, depending on how you like the speed of the game. I like 98 better because some of the players have real life counterparts.

housethemous

New Challenger
For your question, I would recommend SSK3 for the best 'normal' experience.

However, my favorite soccer game (and one of my overall favorite sports games) is Soccer Brawl. It's just so wacky on par with something like Mutant League Football.

Shanadria

New Challenger
I really prefer Super Sidekick (the first one). Or if we can think about other consoles, maybe the ISS64 its the best football game ever (in my opinion)

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Awesome thanks. Just picked up ssk3 and U11 for s good price. Looking forward to them.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
neo cup '98 on the ngpc.
Is that one really good though? It LOOKS like it has really stiff gameplay and isn't very dynamic. At least that's the impression I get from watching the YouTube footage of that game..

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Is that one really good though? It LOOKS like it has really stiff gameplay and isn't very dynamic. At least that's the impression I get from watching the YouTube footage of that game..
x_e3196a5c.jpg

SSK3 is probably the best
then Ultimate 11
Neo Geo Cup 98 color
Soccer Brawl
SSK
They're all pretty good. The Neo Geo system and NGpocket were spoiled(in a good way) with soccer games. :)

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Ultimate 11 here. It's like the 'Superbowl' of Neo Soccer games, IMO.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I didn't have the opportunity to play all of the neo geo soccer games, but was unfortunate to play soccer brawl. And it sucks balls !

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
GOAL GOAL GOAL and the Super Sidekicks, those 2 games might not be the best graphically but they offer the best gameplay, the later SS are all eye candy but with bad gameplay, TWCS 96 is fine too.