So, Xenoblade Chronicles...

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I believe Xenoblade is one of the best modern jrpgs.
It combines the best elements of both worlds (western and japanese rpgs).
Great story (not epic like FF VII but again really nice...) and addictive gameplay.Many side quests , interesting plot and characters.
Ok graphics are not that impressive but i do not think anybody plays jrpgs for the graphics.

Really nice game but demands time.......

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Put a couple more hours into this last night. Gotta say, guys -- this one's a keeper.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bump.

Started playing this again about a week ago (after putting it on my shelf for 3 years) and, just now remembered why I stopped playing it: tedious side quests. There are well over 400 of them and, making it to a new area means you'll have at least 10 new side quests awaiting you when you get there. Not only that, areas where you thought you were done with add several more as the story progresses.

I think I'll keep at it this time. The first go around, I just didn't see the hype everyone else saw.

Jon

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
It's a fun game.
The gem crafting system is a little obtuse, and relies too much on the "Relationship" between characters (the characters who get Fever on crafting most often work TERRIBLY together, so raising their relationship is grindy shit)

There's also a "point of no return" about 80% of the way through the game, which locks you out of a third of the game's quests and a rather large area.

There's very little warning of this.

That being said, it's a very enjoyable game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I played it a few years ago and got stuck on the first boss and quit. Maybe I needed to learn how the battle system goes, I don't know.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
If it was the robot with a face, you're supposed to use a combination of skills to knock him down so you can actually do damage, I believe.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I just spent over $250 just to play this game for the first time, and in 3D.

Can't wait for April 10th.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
250$? New 3DS+actual game?

Yes, the super-stable 3D on the New 3DS is legit.

New 3DS ($199.99)
32GB microSD card ($24.99)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D ($39.99)

Worth every penny, even if you already own a 3DS.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Agreed. I always turned 3D off on my 3DSXL. I've yet to turn it down or off on the New 3DSXL.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
It's a fun game.
The gem crafting system is a little obtuse, and relies too much on the "Relationship" between characters (the characters who get Fever on crafting most often work TERRIBLY together, so raising their relationship is grindy shit)

There's also a "point of no return" about 80% of the way through the game, which locks you out of a third of the game's quests and a rather large area.

There's very little warning of this.

That being said, it's a very enjoyable game.

The gem crafting I am having trouble with. I'm starting to get level 3 drops for enemies now. The best gem I have on Shulk right now is Double Attack +20%. I have got a few fevers but, no Mega Fevers...which you really need to get the best gems.

I've been using the Xenoblade Wikia to help out with the quests...which are numerous and tedious (already stated). I highly recommend it to anyone just now starting this game.

The point of no return you mention I will need to research. I already know I'm not going for 100% (that takes at least two playthroughs) but, I'd hate to miss out on stuff I need.

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Has anyone played both versions yet? I have not played either but am seriously considering the 3DS version. I read online, mainly in article posts where whiners are, that the graphics are a lot worse.

I would like to know from real gamers if the 3D, and portability make it worth picking up, or is it bad, and just get the wii version? I do like my portables on the couch and shitter, so I am willing to make SMALL sacrifices for portability.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
It doesn't have the Japanese language track.

This is almost a deal breaker for me. I was able to pick up the game and a Majora's Mask limited NEW 3DS at Midwest Gaming Classic.

FYI, the British voice actor who did Riki's voice on the game is atrocious.

Jon