So, what does everyone think of the Svs. C Roster???

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Do you guys think it's a pretty good roster or does the Cvs.S roster still rule? I mean we have fighters like Demetri and Goenitz that would make some people happy, but with just interesting additions Playmore made are you happy about it?

...alas...still no Leona, K', etc. But, that's cool. :cool:

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
From watching the vids, I see now that I will be inthralled by this game, on whatever system I get it on. The roster so far is almost the same for CvS2. I like the characters that were chosen, even though some of them were a given. But, I see this game was made for competition on a one on one level. I would like to see balance , though.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think I remember, back when the game was first MENTIONED... no pics or anything were out yet... that this game was gonna have a storyline to it... Does anyone know of any truth to that?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
I'm happy with the roster!!!! I can't wait till the game is out and I can get my hands on a copy!!!!

I'm disapointed with all the shotokans, there should only be one on each team. why isn't there an snk equivalent to dhalsim? Who would it be? Billy Kane I guess, I would rather have Brocken from World Heroes, but that's just me. Also too many characters that were already in the first series.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Brocken sucks... Just because he can stretch doesn't make him a good choice.

If you REALLY want someone who can stretch to rival against Dhalsim, I'd even prefer Rody from Top Hunter. Hmmm, that'd probably look wrong though.

But anyway, why should rivals have similar moves than their counterpart ?
And then you people complain about the fact there are too many similar characters in the game...

You want to have different takes of the same type of fighter. How many different styles are there anyways? Grappler, shoto, uhh... Does Heidern count as a distance guy? Clark VS Zangief!Balrog VS Heavy D! That's all I wanted to see. Who is Snk's best grappler? Goro?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
It's easy really....

it's got KEN and RYO and it is on the NEO. If these were the only two characters and the game would be called Ryu Vs Ken 2003 I would still buy it. Nice feeling to be doing those official fireballs on the NEO

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Chun-Li was all I needed to see.

Although I tire of the whole 'thunder thighs' look. Where is the slim, sexy Chun-Li from SF2?

G

galfordo

mmmm ... I dig chicks with the muscular thighs ... the chicks with muscular backs kinda make me wanna hurl though.

Ninjitsuwolf69

New Challenger
Personally the roster's shit:-

-Shiki from the 3D Samurai Spirits games that you've probably never seen is in the game, and that's very cool.

-Same goes for Genjuro (today's his 243rd birthday!), who's just been added in the last few weeks.

-Earthquake from Samurai Spirits 1 & 2 is back, and I'm glad to see it, but this is not the place.

-Tabasa from the game that never got released, Warzard (aka Red Earth), is in the game too. She does not deserve a spot in the game!

-Kasumi Todoh's in the game, and she's one of the most boring characters ever. HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE HER OVER BLUE MARY!!

-Kyo's in the game, but he's definitely doesn't deserve the top spot over Terry. Kyo is KOF, Terry is SNK.

-Iori's in there, which is cool, but it's SO boring watching EVERYONE play as him.

-Mai is in the game which is cool, but we all know the reason why.

-Sagat and M.bison are in the game, PREDICTABILTIY AT ITS BEST :lol

-It's cool that Terry is in the game buttrock , but again Playmore screwed him and put him in without giving him an upgrade, and giving his deserved spot as SNK leader to Kyo is a BAD move.

-Choi Bounge I don't think he deserves a spot.

-Bison (aka Balrog) is also in the game... why?! Who likes or plays him? Rather have dudley or Boman

-Dhalsim, as great as he is, I think it's time for a little break. Give another deserving character his spot!

-Hugo's in there OK I guess, I prefer him to zangief though.

-Guile's in the game too, but I'm pretty sure everybody would rather see Nash (aka Charlie).

-Kim's in there too, but I bet y'all wanna see his sons as well too.

-Mr. Karate's in there, for a shoto, he's cool, but he doesn't deserve a spot

And on top of all that, out of the 12 Capcom characters, 3 of those (25%) are pure shotoclones. And 3 of SNK rosters are pure flamewielders. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT. WTF is Ryu doing there he doesn't deserve a mention in the game, never mind a spot.

I was SO happy to find out that SNK/Playmore was taking over the SNK vs Capcom series. Capcom obviously didn't care to put out a good product (just good enough to make money), but SNK has always done what was right for the fans. However, I'm starting to think that Playmore have totally fucked this game up...

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Ninjitsuwolf69 ]</small>

In reply to Ninjitsuwolf69:-

'-Shiki from the 3D Samurai Spirits games that you've probably never seen is in the game, and that's very cool. "

I agree, I've never seen pics of Shiki in 2D before... But it like saying 2D to 3D...

"-Same goes for Genjuro (today's his 243rd birthday!), who's just been added in the last few weeks."
LOL

-Earthquake from Samurai Spirits 1 & 2 is back, and I'm glad to see it, but this is not the place.
Sure... But somewhat funny character

-Tabasa from the game that never got released, Warzard (aka Red Earth), is in the game too. She does not deserve a spot in the game!
HUH???

-Kasumi Todoh's in the game, and she's one of the most boring characters ever.
Boring, but her story might be interesting

TOO TRUE

-Bison (aka Balrog) is also in the game... why?! Who likes or plays him?
Another boxer

Dhalsim, as great as he is, I think it's time for a little break. Give another deserving character his spot!
Agree...

Guile's in the game too, but I'm pretty sure everybody would rather see Nash (aka Charlie).
I love to see that

And on top of all that, out of the 12 Capcom characters, 3 of those (25%) are pure shotoclones. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT
Too true...

My opioion's are, that Capcom side is too shit, Ken, Dan, Balrog, Guile, Dhalism... thats just pure shit...

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Well, the roster is a cross between great & crap, so i suppose it's average. On the one hand we have Demitri, Genjuro, Goenitz, Earthquake, Tessa who are great characters who've been overlooked for far too long, on the otherhand we have crappy rehashed characters who should put to rest i.e. Ryu & Ken (sooo boring) Choi (i hate him so much), Balrog/Bisen (the worst boxing character ever), Vega/M. Bisen (heck, i just dont like him).

But then i'm biased (as my rather anti-capcom list shows), but i still think the roster could have been abit better, why didn't they put in Goro, Heavy D., Guy, Cody, Heidern, Clark, Leona, Birdie, Gen & Albert Wesker?

But hey, I'm just nit-picking & whining, we all know it's gonna be great. Ingenuity can be saved for the sequal

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
My opioion's are, that Capcom side is too shit, Ken, Dan, Balrog, Guile, Dhalism... thats just pure shit...
True,capcom are more than just Street fighter 2 you know :cool:

But still the game is gonna rock hard anyway and bitchin about about the Roster becasue IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE.

Where is Cody,shame crying

Street Fighter

New Challenger
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94:
Well, the roster is a cross between great & crap, so i suppose it's average. On the one hand we have Demitri, Genjuro, Goenitz, Earthquake, Tessa who are great characters who've been overlooked for far too long, on the otherhand we have crappy rehashed characters who should put to rest i.e. Ryu & Ken (sooo boring) Choi (i hate him so much), Balrog/Bisen (the worst boxing character ever), Vega/M. Bisen (heck, i just dont like him).

But then i'm biased (as my rather anti-capcom list shows), but i still think the roster could have been abit better, why didn't they put in Goro, Heavy D., Guy, Cody, Heidern, Clark, Leona, Birdie, Gen & Albert Wesker?

But hey, I'm just nit-picking & whining, we all know it's gonna be great. Ingenuity can be saved for the sequal
I agree. They need to get rid of characters like ryo, ken and dan who are all so similar and have been run into the ground, and make way for characters who dont see the light of day much. I mean just ken would do me :rolleyes:

But us whining isnt going to change there mind... so give it a rest people. :o

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
There are characters in this roster that do not belong in this game at all. It's as if Playmore just dug out old, hardly recognizable characters just for the sake of having a different roster than CvS2. But then, the Capcom side is all old-hat except for ONE completely out of place character. No imagination on the Capcom side, and too much oddity on the SNK side.

In the end, though, it won't stop me from a purchase. I've learned to deal with the lack of good ideas since SNK died.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Ninjitsuwolf69:

-Shiki from the 3D Samurai Spirits games that you've probably never seen is in the game, and that's very cool.

Like Jin Saotome, Hayato Kanzaki and Kyosuke Kagami, Shiki makes a jump from 3D to 2D.

-Same goes for Genjuro (today's his 243rd birthday!), who's just been added in the last few weeks.

It'd be interesting to see Haohmaru's evil counterpart...LOL

The Fat @$$ from Samurai Spirits is ready to throw his weight around...LOL

Where the hell does she come from??? Honestly.

-Kasumi Todoh's in the game, and she's one of the most boring characters ever.

Kasumi-chan ain't that bad.

Since we played as Chang in Cvs.S, might as well as Choi see action as well.

-Bison (aka Balrog) is also in the game... why?! Who likes or plays him?

Hey, he was the first fighter I ever learned and mastered.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
galfordo:
mmmm ... I dig chicks with the muscular thighs ... the chicks with muscular backs kinda make me wanna hurl though.
lol multi_co eye

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
I think this game was made with the people that don't know of SNK or CapCom in mind. I think this game will appeal to all who will play it. With the hidden characters possibly unlockable, this game is going to rock the socks off everybody. Think 30+ characters in a one on one fight. Arcades will be on fire this summer with competition. (That's if your arcade gets SvC:Chaos.)

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
The game looks great so far but the roster looks very weak compared to the likes of CvS2. I can always find characters I like in just about any fighting game roster, though, so it doesn't bother me that much. I will still get this game the instant it gets released on home cart as there will be no other way for me to play it. The arcades in my area would never take the risk of buying for such old hardware.

MyLastCryForYou

Zero's Secretary
I will post the same reply that i posted in a similar topic like this(This is just the way i feel about the casting).If thats any indication of the final roster,i will be very displeased(although i will still play the game and love every minute of it).Both capcom and snk/playmore seem to be straying away from the creativity and deep original concepts their known for(its as if they're being lazy and sticking with the basics or something).Everyone who play their games,you and i and all the fans could have thought of a hundred different characters they could have used.And thats no excuse that it is a strategy/skill type fighter, so you would think certain characters can only make the cut,yeah right.They can use any character they have,so many to choose from,from fighting and non-fighting games.Someone wanted Dante from devil may cry,some say no hes best suited for a MVC style fighter hes to powerful.Nah,you can use any character,you just have to modify them for that type of gameplay style the same way they modified the street fighter characters to play MVC style it can go both ways,ya know.Megaman could play that way as well with him using Rush in some of his attacks(kind of like galford)there is so many possiblities.Trust me when i say it can be done, and they know that as well.Hopefully when capcom releases Capcom Vs Snk 3,we'll get to see an allstar vs game with different characters from the capcom and snk universe and not just the basic ones.I feel if you go make a great game especially one as important as this(the fans love it)why not go all the way and make that great game great,instead of giving us rehashes of the same game with a few new stuff and slightly different gameplay.