So what do you guys think of the new SMB DS game so far?

Smiley

Quiz Detective
not sonic said:
my comment about the graphics is because this game looks like a mish mash of hand drawn, computer generated, and 3d.

super princess peach has a much more cohesive hand drawn 2d look.

new smb is a mess and nowhere near the quality of previous mario games.

with that said im on world 8.

its not a horrible game. but its the worst mario game ever.

IMO super princess peach was embarassing for me to buy but fun to play; and the graphics in the game remind me of yoshi's story 2 (snes) a tad.

as for the new smb I haven't bought yet but have heard from others that it is decent.

manly_pirate

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Soniku said:
Am I the only one who liked the multiplayer mode? I just tried it yesterday for the first time, it doesn't get boring for quite a while, unlike the one in Mario 64 DS... ><

The multiplayer aspect of the game was worth the extra $5.00 tagged on to the price since it's a 1st party game... :rolleyes:

I played multiplayer with some friends the other day for almost two hours straight. 10 stars and 5 lives gave us some intense battles. The minigames in multiplayer are pretty fun too, there's actually a point to the Yoshi 'love me, love me not' game now.

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
ST-V said:
Well, if you beat the game they give you the ability to save at any time (I didn't need it, but yeah, it's there).

Honestly, now that I've beaten it complete (every path, every star coin, every background) I wish they included another world for those who destroyed this one, like a Star road or SMB2 JP type difficult world...

Quality game for sure, but with a game like this you always seem to want more. :)

Hmm.. I'm not sure I want to see anything as frustrating as the worst of the Special World in SMW ever again in a Mario game. The last jump of 'Awesome', or all of 'Tubular'. Sure, they're hard but fair, and hidden so that players don't feel bad if they can't get all star-96 exits, but DAMN.

Actually, Valley Fortress is the most frustrating thing in a Mario game for me. Nothing in NSMB comes close, so far. SMB2J can suck it, and I have an FDS.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
WAY WAY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOO EASYYYYYYYYYYY..

Sorry definantly not the best mario. It's more like a nostalgic look back at the 2d nes mario series with a small mixture of new items/characters and some from other series.

Over all just way to easy to beat (beat the final boss today). It just over all felt like one of thoes 5 minnet recaps at the start of a show vs being its own definement of the series.

Again not a bad game and definantly one of the DS's best, Yet still no where near as good as some of the others in the series (SMW2:YI, SMW, M64, SMB3).

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
My thoughts exactly subbie, it was way to easy. However it was pretty fun.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
To me, it was a great sequel to SMB3, but they seem to have forgotten about SMW though, and the improvements it brought. My biggest complaint its all basically on 1 plane, no flying up into the air or anything.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I rented it and I like it so far (world 4). Seems easy, but not as good as 3 or world.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not a bad game for the first Super mario Bros. Game since III.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but I miss racoon Mario.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Castles and Ghost Houses tend to be a bit tooo short and Easy.

Same For the Final Boss....

I just blew him away with fireballs.

The end battles were certainly not as memorable as SMB II, SMB III or SMW.

ray_7

twalden said:
I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but I miss racoon Mario.

And Tanooki too...

And that's the reason I'm replaying SMB3 on the Micro. :)