So...Ogre Battle on the snes

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I think Lagduf might be the only guy that remembers anything about it but here goes:

The game was a fucking OCD nightmare, and I beat it only once like a decade ago; trying my damndest to keep my rep up, while getting as many characters/items/weapons/etc along the way.
So at the very end I get this POS excuse for an ending. All that effort and my character gets killed off and forgotten by a couple of backstabbing douches.

So I was wondering...are there any endings where you just do whatever the hell you want, get a shitty reputation, and then just kill off those 2 gaybirds that you saw at the end of that youtube vid??

My character needs to be avenged!!

In all seriousness, I'm also trying to change certain units into unrecruitable bosses/units via Pro Action Replay...but it's not working too well..... has anyone ever fucked around with this type of stuff before?

I remember doing stuff like this for FF tactics with some interesting results.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow, what a terrible, terrible ending. Especially for such a long, involving game like Ogre Battle.

I woulda been pissed if I got that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wow... never tried that route.

As for team edits gone badly, you may want to try it on the PSX.

I might want to try it on my psx actually.

eh.. Too busy.

Great series though. Sad day when Square bought them out.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
That ending looked kind of cool to me actually. It's interesting to see something other than the whole 'you saved the world now you get to rule it' kind of deal. And besides, the game had multiple endings. Of course some of 'em are gonna suck.

(Side bar: Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis for GBA is my favourite Ogre game. Never really got into the others much.)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well Pro Action replay codes work when I want to take a character and change his/her class or whatever....

But the codes to turn them into normally unrecruitable villians/heroes doesn't work.

Guess I'll have to hex edit a save state or some shit.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
wow that sucks. I wish that they would make another ogre battle. I loved tactics ogre.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I think Lagduf might be the only guy that remembers anything about it but here goes:

The game was a fucking OCD nightmare, and I beat it only once like a decade ago; trying my damndest to keep my rep up, while getting as many characters/items/weapons/etc along the way.
So at the very end I get this POS excuse for an ending. All that effort and my character gets killed off and forgotten by a couple of backstabbing douches.

So I was wondering...are there any endings where you just do whatever the hell you want, get a shitty reputation, and then just kill off those 2 gaybirds that you saw at the end of that youtube vid??

My character needs to be avenged!!

In all seriousness, I'm also trying to change certain units into unrecruitable bosses/units via Pro Action Replay...but it's not working too well..... has anyone ever fucked around with this type of stuff before?

I remember doing stuff like this for FF tactics with some interesting results.

Wow...just....phew, that's a bunch of crap right there. I would've just flung the cart into the backyard at that point.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That ending looked kind of cool to me actually. It's interesting to see something other than the whole 'you saved the world now you get to rule it' kind of deal. And besides, the game had multiple endings. Of course some of 'em are gonna suck.

(Side bar: Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis for GBA is my favourite Ogre game. Never really got into the others much.)

Have you played Let Us Cling Together? KoL doesn't have as much of an impact unless you play LUCT. No particular order necessary since I played KoL first and was blown away by LUCT and understanding what made Lans Tartare.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Let Us Cling Together is my favorite turn based tactical RPG.

I don't know if I ever beat Ogre Battle for the SNES/PSX.

I didn't get to play Ogre Battle 64.

I want a new Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre game.

HeartlessNinny

Have you played Let Us Cling Together? KoL doesn't have as much of an impact unless you play LUCT. No particular order necessary since I played KoL first and was blown away by LUCT and understanding what made Lans Tartare.

I haven't actually. I wanted to, but it's always been an expensive game (at least when I checked).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I actually bought the PSX version from Atlus's website back in the day. Sent them an order form I printed out and a money order for the game.

They didn't have an online shopping cart system. And I don't even know if they sell direct like that anymore, anyway.

GunTher

n00b
Next time you play you should just put Tristan in a unit all by himself and run him into the enemy boss and let him die!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Iron Soldier for Jag.. that is the worst ending ever..

Like it's not insulting enough to be stuck playing a game on the Jag, especially as long to beat as that game was.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm sure that in this day and age you can download the ISO for TO: LUCT and play it perfectly on an emulator.

I wholeheartedly recommend at least trying to, if you loved FFT or TO: KoL.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Tactics Ogre was a great game for the psx. My favorite of the series.

HeartlessNinny

Maybe it doesn't count, but I always thought SaGa Frontier for PS1 has one of the worst endings ever. There are 7 playable characters, and if you beat the last boss with Blue, the screen fades and says, "The End" and that's it.

Chrono Cross had a similarly shitty ending. Just fade to black and roll credits... Gimme a fuckin break.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Maybe it doesn't count, but I always thought SaGa Frontier for PS1 has one of the worst endings ever. There are 7 playable characters, and if you beat the last boss with Blue, the screen fades and says, "The End" and that's it.

Chrono Cross had a similarly shitty ending. Just fade to black and roll credits... Gimme a fuckin break.

Chrono Cross had a wierd ending because it was pretty much a girl just finished reading a book. But the alternate endings were cool.

HeartlessNinny

Chrono Cross had a wierd ending because it was pretty much a girl just finished reading a book. But the alternate endings were cool.

Yeah, but to get the alternate endings, you had to do weird stuff. If you just play the game without consulting a guide, you're pretty likely to just get a 'The End' and that's it. It was a decent game, but you have to admit that's kind of sucky.