So I guess it's impossible to light mod a slimline NGPC.

Josh

Banned
It's hard to believe with all the NGPC goodness going around, never has a slimline light mod ever been accomplished.
I would have purchased a mod for sure.

ray_7

I too will purchase it in a heartbeat if someone is able to do the light mod.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
i would get one too! Ok so there isn't for slimline...what about for the regular NGPC?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ahem...

And yes the light does go all the way up, the pic just doesnt show it. I am in the process of trying to develop a front light kit for the NGPC but am running into walls, I will let everyone know if I do actually make a kit available.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Woah! That's awesome.

Does it block some of the bottom of the screen like that other mod (forget his name ATM) for the regular NGPC does?

And does the case close up nicely after the mod?

Part of me would be very afraid to have my precious transparent yellow slimline chopped apart and modded. But part of me would love to be able to see my NGPC games without sitting directly beneath a lamp. :annoyed:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Diggerman said:
Woah! That's awesome.

Does it block some of the bottom of the screen like that other mod (forget his name ATM) for the regular NGPC does?

And does the case close up nicely after the mod?

Part of me would be very afraid to have my precious transparent yellow slimline chopped apart and modded. But part of me would love to be able to see my NGPC games without sitting directly beneath a lamp. :annoyed:

Hey Dig,

The screen is blocked on the very bottom about 2mm this is from the reflection bar that lights the plastic screen.

For the regular NGPC it closes just fine. The slimline has a small 1mm gap on the bottom by the volume control since NG took out all the extra space with the slimline.

For a slimline I dont cut anything at all, I have to cut the front light screen & reflector bar to fit it within the "square" where the LCD is. he only reason why I do slimlines like this is because its clear and I dont think you want to see some things chopped. Of course I can mod a regular one like this but its WAY more work.

When I mod a slimline it takes me about 1 1/2 - 2 hours where the regular NGPC only takes me 15-20 minutes from start to finish.