So, I got a real e-drum set!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
DrumsFront.jpg

DrumsSide.jpg

DrumsTop.jpg

DrumsPlaying.jpg

I got into drumming from playing video games, so I finally got a real drum kit from buying components over the past few months and just selling and re-buying until I was 100% satisfied with my kit. Here is the final product. These are mesh-head e-drums, so they're quiet enough to play in an apartment even late at night. The drum sounds come from the module underneath, which I can just plug into headphones. I can also use the midi port into a Guitar Hero drum brain and play video games with it when I need to. I had a party and had Rock Band going on this thing, but people were actually scared to try it.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
i got that same double bass pedal. Pacific, right?

TheBigBB

Looks cool. How much did it cost you?

Probably about $2500 total, and the funny thing is that that's kind of cheap for what I got. But, they work magnificently. It's definitely not something you buy just to play video games with, although I can't even tell you how much better it works with the game; the module can change every imaginable setting to ensure you never get a faulty hit or anything.

TheBigBB

i got that same double bass pedal. Pacific, right?

Yes! Good eye. I tried out more expensive pedals, but this one I couldn't beat for the price. My only gripe with it right now is that the arm which connects the left pedal sometimes rattles slightly when I'm not using the left foot.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Very cool. I've upgraded from the normal Rock Band set to the $300 Ion set. While it's alright, there is far better. If I had the extra cash, going the route you did would have been premo. Nice set.

TheBigBB

Very cool. I've upgraded from the normal Rock Band set to the $300 Ion set. While it's alright, there is far better. If I had the extra cash, going the route you did would have been premo. Nice set.

Oh yeah, I don't even know how people put up with the stock kits. Mine never worked right. The Ion is a good buy if you like just playing with the game, although I have to reiterate here that it's impossible to justify spending more unless you really love drumming and want to learn to drum without the game, too.

If I do play with the game I prefer Guitar Hero now because with the midi port on the GHWT kit I'm getting 5 lanes, and the GH setup always maps the drums to the same place, so I can sort of get it to be accurate. Like, the snare is ALWAYS the red pad on GH, so I can set red to my snare, and so on. On Rock Band red is sometimes the hi-hat and sometimes the snare. So on RB I can never set it up totally accurately unless I change the pads each song.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Probably about $2500 total, and the funny thing is that that's kind of cheap for what I got. But, they work magnificently. It's definitely not something you buy just to play video games with, although I can't even tell you how much better it works with the game; the module can change every imaginable setting to ensure you never get a faulty hit or anything.

Not for gaming, just curious in general. I'm interested in fiddling with percussion as of late. Probably going to get some Bongos so I don't piss large sums of money.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Nice kit.

I've often debating adding a few electronic pads onto my accustic kit.

One of my friends also has that same Pacific pedal, it feels nearly identical to my DW one.

Last edited:

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I'm not really into the electronic kits, I perfer the real ones! Maybe because I've been drumming for a long time...Congrats either way!

TheBigBB

I'm not really into the electronic kits, I perfer the real ones! Maybe because I've been drumming for a long time...Congrats either way!

Yeah, but man, there is NO WAY I could have an acoustic set where I live.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Nice kit.

I've often debating adding a few electronic pads onto my accustic kit.

One of my friends also has that same Pacific pedal, it feels nearly identical to my DW one.

That's because it is. :) It's just missing the DW logo. Pacific is like what GMC is to Chevy.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
That's because it is. :) It's just missing the DW logo. Pacific is like what GMC is to Chevy.

Yup,

One of my buddies has a maple Pacific kit and the thing sounds identical to my DW kit. Even has the true-pitch rods (ultra fine, ultra smooth) which was a huge selling point when I got thhem.

His kit also cost literally 1/3rd the cost of mine.

I still love my set to death, but I feel as though I paid triple just for that DW logo.

TheBigBB

Yup,

One of my buddies has a maple Pacific kit and the thing sounds identical to my DW kit. Even has the true-pitch rods (ultra fine, ultra smooth) which was a huge selling point when I got thhem.

His kit also cost literally 1/3rd the cost of mine.

I still love my set to death, but I feel as though I paid triple just for that DW logo.

Yeah, anything branded Pacific Drums seems to be of exceptional quality for the price. With some gear you can't fully replace the big name brand, like a lot of Roland e-drum stuff is unmatched in overall quality, but with the pedals especially, it can be tough to gauge how much you should have spent.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
That's awesome. The first things I'm gonna get when I move into a house are a drum kit and a real piano