So I finally got Lost in Blue...

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Picked it up at Gamestop yesterday for $25. I gotta say, I'm really liking it. It's so different and really gets you thinking like you would if you were stranded on an island. Anybody else playing(ed) this game?

I think tomorrow I'm gonna preorder the second one. You get a cool stylus that looks like a stick!

Last edited:

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
I played it and didn't particularly like it, perhaps because I don't really like sim games anway. The girl in it was quite annoying.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I loved the idea of the game but didn't really have playing it. I think it was an impressive game considering when it came out but unless they have made some changes, I doubt I will pick up part 2.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Very slow at first, but the upgrades make the game worth while. It just sucks when you move camp to the other part of the island as you have to start over again.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It seems to be going for some money on ebay. I don't really know why.:conf:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
It seems to be going for some money on ebay. I don't really know why.:conf:

For how popular the DS (systems) are, the games for the most part have a very short shelf life. This is why you have seen re releases of certain games. It is almost like they think all of the DS systems that are ever going to be sold have been sold, so there is no need to keep a game in circulation.

It also depends on where you live as to what type of stock level for a certain game is. But there are tons of games that if you want, you will have to really look around to find it. I am always surprised that for how big EB/GameStop are, they don't really fill this void in keeping the harder to find games in circulation via the used market.

On past Nintendo sytems, their games remain around through the duration of the system. Even taking a price drop at some point. However, look at Kirby CC, Yoshi Touch and Go, Advance Wars ect., you actually have to really look to find these. (Unless you live by a store that never sold through)

I think with a system growing the way the DS is, it is a huge mistake to take games out of productin so soon. This is also a reason that I tend to buy most decent DS releases when they first come out. I really don't want to go looking for them later.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
For how popular the DS (systems) are, the games for the most part have a very short shelf life. This is why you have seen re releases of certain games. It is almost like they think all of the DS systems that are ever going to be sold have been sold, so there is no need to keep a game in circulation.

It also depends on where you live as to what type of stock level for a certain game is. But there are tons of games that if you want, you will have to really look around to find it. I am always surprised that for how big EB/GameStop are, they don't really fill this void in keeping the harder to find games in circulation via the used market.

On past Nintendo sytems, their games remain around through the duration of the system. Even taking a price drop at some point. However, look at Kirby CC, Yoshi Touch and Go, Advance Wars ect., you actually have to really look to find these. (Unless you live by a store that never sold through)

I think with a system growing the way the DS is, it is a huge mistake to take games out of productin so soon. This is also a reason that I tend to buy most decent DS releases when they first come out. I really don't want to go looking for them later.

Yeah. Pheonix Wright was really hard to find for awhile, but they did a re-release. I think most GS/EBs only get one or two copies of some of the more obscure games, and once they're gone, they're gone, unless someone trades them in. I'm sure this will be the case with Cardfighters when it comes out.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
Yeah. Pheonix Wright was really hard to find for awhile, but they did a re-release. I think most GS/EBs only get one or two copies of some of the more obscure games, and once they're gone, they're gone, unless someone trades them in. I'm sure this will be the case with Cardfighters when it comes out.

Agreed.

Mage Knight, Mech Assault, Micro Machines Ect. some places get these in and other stores don't. Places like Target carry a lot of the games on line but not in store. I have yet to figure out why it is this way yet but with the DS, if you want a game, you are better off trying to get it early on. I still can't believe that some of the Nintendo made games are hard to find.

Lastly, Digimon World DS at different times has gone for 10-25 over the retail price on Ebay. However, the Toys R Us by me has four of them. Odd.

EDIT:Also...totally forgot about Wario Ware DS. That game can go for some money on Ebay as well.

Last edited:

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
I just sold mine and I'm regretting it already...maybe I can find it used some time down the road.