So I finally got around to listening to Aphex Twin....

West

Mr. Big's Thug
My buddy owns the Gescom Minidisc, his player allows for gapless random play and that MD was supposed to be a example of how to do it right. Everytime you listen to it it's like a new mix.

Woah. I've never heard of that but it's a killer idea. Compose and arrange the tracks to be gaplessly randomized. Sickness. Autechre cats were so on point.

fluxcore

Another Striker
I own most of Aphex's shit, but have gone off most of it in the past few years. His recent release 'Syro' is amazing though, a generally just listenable and a bit more, uh, mature? sound. The computer controlled whatever ep2 just afterwards is pretty great too.

Autechre - Exai is actually my fav release of theirs now, cranked it quite a lot, and the LP package is really nice :)

Otherwise everyone else has mentioned most of the usual recommendations... Boards of Canada comes to mind, although I only really like Tomorrow's Harvest tbh.

I used to listen to so much of this shit back in the late 90s/early 2000s :p

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Early Skream, Burial etc. Actually all of Burial, dude has a solid catalog.

Bonobo is awesome but lesser known is Seelenluft that guy has put out all kinds of shit.

Even early Shaman and Ministry, there's some deviously funky stuff hidden in there.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
You guys should check out the stuff he releases under the alias' User18081971 & User48736353001

He regularly posts non-released tracks to both accounts & has 100's of songs he has posted. You'll notice there's not much on either one.... this is because he'll post a track, then a few days/weeks later will yank it.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

??? really though I know about this- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_Knob_Twiddlers

just checked some of the collab guys stuff didn't like frost jockey but kid spatula rubbed me the right way. {probably wood like frost if I wasn't burned out from wooorrrk} ...kid 606? I'm so bad at stuff I'm not sure its similar but is good*

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Better than aphex twin by a country mile

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
no. not that they don't have some stuf better than some stuf of his. that isn't it tho.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
AphexCheetah.jpg