So how many of you goobs own NGH/AES games?

do you own NGH/AES games/system/etc?

• Total voters

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
For years I've seen people publicly get out of AES/NGH ownership, usually by a sale thread. Seems like a high watermark event for a lot of people on here, they love to brag about exiting.

Then at the same time we have people in Recent Purchases or other threads admitting to buying or owning AES stuff, people who I am certain did a big sell off years ago. I thought you guys all hated it because it's so expensive?

I'm not concerned with MVS or CD because those are more socially acceptable.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Socially acceptable my assss, bought a homecart system when it was new. I'm not a 21st century goob.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I own and will likely never sell ( all of it ). I might purge a few carts here and there to fund other games or interests at the time, but I learned in my younger years selling off my NES / SNES collections that I'll ultimately end up rebuying them.

I've accepted this is and always will be my hobby. I'm just glad the things I sold in the past wasn't anything too hard to obtain.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Bought an AES in the late 90s for like $100. Sold it and my carts when I purged all of my gaming shit in 2001/2002. Perfectly happy these days with my half dozen legit MVS carts (couple KoFs, couple of puzzle games, Sam Sho 2, Garou) and my banana carts.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
MVS all the way. First on an JNX and now on an Aero City.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Owned one and a respectable collection of carts from 97-07.
Sold it all and switched to MVS.
Sold the MVS stuff to buy candy cabs and stereo gear.

Got another home cart system around 2018 and started to buy back a small selection of nice moderately priced carts. Got about halfway through that and realized it was stupid.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Why would I "admit' to owning aes games, like it's a dirty secret? Don't understand.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I wake up every morning, and stroll over to my shelf (nude of course). As my rapidly-elongating ballsack touches the floor it gives me a brisk cold shock, but this pales in comparison to the megashock I receive while huffing them softcases. After this ritual is complete I do 1000 sit ups, get dressed, and pretend to be a normal human for the rest of the day until the following morning.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Why would I "admit' to owning aes games, like it's a dirty secret? Don't understand.

It's the envy of the impecunious, don't worry too much.

I see the MVS street cred bs is still going strong. Never fails to entertain since, uhm, 2010-ish?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It's the envy of the impecunious, don't worry too much.

I see the MVS street cred bs is still going strong. Never fails to entertain since, uhm, 2010-ish?
I thought you only played Speccy games, tak :keke:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I sold most. Held on to a handful of the cheaper games. Still might buy a FFS if I find one for dirt cheap. Bob hooked a brother up with a flash cart so I get to enjoy the rest of the library. If and when I do play, it's on the Mister.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Yep, still have some left. I doubt I will have some sort of irrational compulsion to buy back in at a later time.

doaal

Marked Wolf
Most JP games still cost less than what they cost back in the day. I've got/am collecting some of my cheaper favourites. Everything else is MVS or emulation.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yes, I bought 50 homecarts in a single ebay auction in 2010 so no buyers remorse due to paying current prices. I have other gaming shit to purge before I would consider selling any homecarts.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nope. Never owned an AES.

Got a Neo Geo Pocket Color around the time I joined here, then a Neo Geo CD toploader, then a big red MVS cab, and finally an Omega CMVS. Sold the cab to poppy, still have all the others.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Poppy, my old buddy. Namechanged and banned to @Marek. Poppy this one's for you old chum.