So any of your local electronics stores had any PSP left?

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
My local Best buy got 500 units, and others stores near got about 200 a piece..
As of right now my Local Target, has a shit load of them, they said only 10-20 people show up, my local Best Buy still has about 150, and everyone esle still has about 50+ left..
Thank God this didnt end up like the PStwo back in Xmas and the PS2 when it came out...

I have to wait to mid april to pick up a PSP :crying:
But I still have my Jap :D

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
One of my Wal Marts did. They had more than they let on. I was given one from directly behind the counter and they still had some in the case. Then again they had DS's left for ever.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
All the placed I had been had plenty. A few people that saw me with mine didn't know it was out yet (Sony really didn't seem to market this thing much). A some other people said they would be getting their's soon, though I'm not sure if I would believe that, unless Mommy and Daddy enjoy dropping that much cash on a toy for little Jimmy.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I went to my store today, we got 10 of them, as of 4 pm, we have not sold a single one, I'm actually interested but I've heard so many units with dead pixels and/or bubbles (one store had 5 dead pix units out of 16). This thing isn't as sought after as Sony tried to hype it up, I don't think it's the matter of advertising, but mainly price of unit itself and most places bundle this thing up like crazy, which greatly reduce the appeal of it. Same for Best Buy, less than 10% of the units were sold.

I'd pick it up after the first price drop and when they have less than 5% dead pixel/bubble rate.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
IoriYagami n8 said:
All the placed I had been had plenty. A few people that saw me with mine didn't know it was out yet (Sony really didn't seem to market this thing much). A some other people said they would be getting their's soon, though I'm not sure if I would believe that, unless Mommy and Daddy enjoy dropping that much cash on a toy for little Jimmy.

I started seeing commercials yesterday. I have seen about 4 today. So I think the advertising is starting.

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I got mine today at my local Wal-Mart and its a bad ass unit. Actually I am listening to some music on it right now. I like the clarity of the screen and the video quality of the movies, music, and games is quite good and luckly I have no dead pix. It has much potential I hope that Sony utilizes that.

I am glade that I got one, but the price is still a little high. They need to lower it about $50. But other then the price I give it two thumbs up. :buttrock:

evil son

Bead Banger
i was surprised as well that circuit city around my way had a lot of units to go around even fye in the mall.
but yeah its the price that i think thats keeping it on the shelfs.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I called around and all (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) but EB have them! I guess EB only filled Pre-Orders!?!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
neogeofl said:
I called around and all (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) but EB have them! I guess EB only filled Pre-Orders!?!

EB is fucking stupid...

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Best Buy must be stuck with a lot of PSP units, most probably have dead pixels, check the deal here

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55974

Normally they bundle this thing up like crazy, now they're probably dying to unload them. Also read some reports from IGN users, I was almost dying on the floor to hear some of the reports

http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599156p1.html?fromint=1

It's safe to say that other than EB, GS and Best Buy in coastal areas, this thing isn't moving, I went to a small (Northfield, MN) town K-mart store yesterday, they've sold one, probaly to a college kid. This has turn out to be the worst launch in recent history, even worse than Xbox, Dreamcast, GC, and DS.

Last edited: