SNKvsCapcom pre-orders are open.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
kernow:
ResOGlas:
I, as well as many others like to think of buying a "new" homecart as a possible investment as well as just a video game, so I really hope the english production stays at the current neostore trend of 500 or less.
shame

Seriously, just buy some stocks or something, maybe store a little cash away every payday.
Aggressive common stocks and IPO's are just too risky...

Plus I don't get a video game in the meantime out of the deal either! wink

Finally! I'm glad to get this out of the way :) ...heck its so far off til Dec. 11, I might be able to get something else in a month or so..yay glee

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
ResOGlas:
whitey:
Is there any incentive to pre-order now instead of early December?
I'm not quite sure. I would like to place my preorder now, but I would prefer to do so after the set planned stock amount is listed. Shouldn't the amount be listed now since the preliminary preorders are now over? I just don't want to place my preorder now while the stock amount is simply listed as (xxx), while the amount produced can still go up. All that would contribute to is lowering the value of my cart by giving shawn the garuntee that "?" many carts can sell at preorder alone, so he might as well order another run to be produced if this preorder goes better than planned. I'm not saying that it will go up that much, but I would feel foolish spending my money on a new homecart if to say 1000, or 1500 were produced. I, as well as many others like to think of buying a "new" homecart as a possible investment as well as just a video game, so I really hope the english production stays at the current neostore trend of 500 or less. In other words, I guess i'm just going to have to wait on placing my preorder until I can be assured that (xxx) does indeed mean (500).
Yeah, I mean, god forbid some people want to buy the game for the sole purpose of actually PLAYING it...

whitey

NEST Puppet
The Neo Store will not reveal how many carts they will be getting until they actually have the carts in hand. So you will see {xxx} untill Dec. 11.

I just don't see the point in preordering now when I can do it on Dec 1. I guess I would rather hold my money for 3 months rahter than someone else. It's not like SVC is going to sell out the first day, I am sure Shawn will have SVC carts for a long time. It took years for MS3 to finally sell out.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
ResOGlas:
whitey:
I'm not quite sure. I would like to place my preorder now, but I would prefer to do so after the set planned stock amount is listed. Shouldn't the amount be listed now since the preliminary preorders are now over? I just don't want to place my preorder now while the stock amount is simply listed as (xxx), while the amount produced can still go up. All that would contribute to is lowering the value of my cart by giving shawn the garuntee that "?" many carts can sell at preorder alone, so he might as well order another run to be produced if this preorder goes better than planned. I'm not saying that it will go up that much, but I would feel foolish spending my money on a new homecart if to say 1000, or 1500 were produced. I, as well as many others like to think of buying a "new" homecart as a possible investment as well as just a video game, so I really hope the english production stays at the current neostore trend of 500 or less. In other words, I guess i'm just going to have to wait on placing my preorder until I can be assured that (xxx) does indeed mean (500).
Why?

Don't you play the fucking game?

If the production runs over 500...you're not going to buy the game?

This is ridiculous. I've seen some of the worst posts on this forum [in its HISTORY] come from you...but this may take the cake as the stupidest and worst post I've ever seen.

Its inferred knowledge that there's a chance [large or small] a new AES cart may some day be worth something...but letting that chance ALONE decide which and what games you're going to purchase is moronic.

Please, don't retort---it's going to mean nothing to me or anyone else.

Your post = worst post ever.

whitey

NEST Puppet
Kid Aphex:
ResOGlas:
whitey:
Why?

This is ridiculous. I've seen some of the worst posts on this forum [in its HISTORY] come from you...but this may take the cake as the stupidest and worst post I've ever seen.

Its inferred knowledge that there's a chance [large or small] a new AES cart may some day be worth something...but letting that chance ALONE decide which and what games you're going to purchase is moronic.

I think maybe he is trying to say that he dosen't want to buy the game for $335 if the prouction count is high, not that he dosent want to play it. I can understand not wanting to pay $335 if you know that a year down the line you can pick it up for $150 becuase there are so many carts out there.

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: whitey ]</small>

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
whitey:
Kid Aphex:
ResOGlas:
whitey:
Why?

I think maybe he is trying to say that he dosen't want to buy the game for $335 if the prouction count is high, not that he dosent want to play it. I can understand not wanting to pay $335 if you know that a year down the line it's going to be $150 becuase there are so many carts out there.
If you read his post again, he's clearly think of SVC as an investment---he even says it. :(

Thats really lame. Grow up and trade some stocks.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
ResOGlas:
whitey:
Why?

I want to play the game, smartass. I just might as well by one after market for $200 if the production amount is high. But, oh wait, you're the smart one... :rolleyes:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
You're the one who referred to the cart as an INVESTMENT, not me, dickless. That's why I [and other sane and intelligent posters] jumped on the post.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
You're the one who referred to the cart as an INVESTMENT, not me, dickless. That's why I [and other sane and intelligent posters] jumped on the post.
It is an investment, in the sense that neo geo games secure their value in a much more stable fashion than games on other consoles. You could probably buy a game, and sell it a year later at close to the same price as you paid. If you bought a dreamcast game and sell it a year later, you'd be lucky to get 40% of your original purchase price.

G

galfordo

Kid Aphex:
I'm with ResO on this one. I don't think he's saying he's buying the game to support his kids' college fund. However, it is pretty discouraging to pay 350 bucks for a game, and then have its value depreciate to half of that a year later because the market it flooded.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
galfordo:
Kid Aphex:
I'm with ResO on this one. I don't think he's saying he's buying the game to support his kids' college fund. However, it is pretty discouraging to pay 350 bucks for a game, and then have its value depreciate to half of that a year later because the market it flooded.
This is the way of life guys...c'mon now.
You buy Super Mario Sunshine...a year later its worth nothing. The initial cost isn't the big deal here apparently, it's the depreciation---but that's just how the world works. You should probly get over it and play the games, that's what they're made for.

G

galfordo

Kid Aphex:
This is the way of life guys...c'mon now.
You buy Super Mario Sunshine...a year later its worth nothing. The initial cost isn't the big deal here apparently, it's the depreciation---but that's just how the world works. You should probly get over it and play the games, that's what they're made for.
Well, yeah you've got a point there. But SSMS was 50 bucks and SVCC is 350 ... an order of magnitude (almost) makes a big difference to a college student. That's like 2000 packs of Ramen noodles man :) .

Mike

Bead Banger
I'm with Kid on this one.

We are talking about video games here. Even if we were talking about Euro Kizuna, in the grand scheme of things (such as life) $10,000 or even $20,000 is not that much money - investment wise anyway.

If you think that anything less than $5,000 is an investment you are going to be nickle and diming your way through the rest of your life.

Buy the game to play it.

If $335 is too expensive for you then buy the PS2 version. Shit, we are talking about the Neo Geo. Nothing is cheap. Saving $XXX in this hobby doesn't mean shit.

Hell...people have been ripped off for more than you are thinking about saving.

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]</small>

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
ResOGlas:
whitey:
Yeah, I think the (xxx) is that theres below 1000, how below is the doubt.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wouldn't count on SVC being an investment. It's going to be a common game. It's the games that people barely buy that end up increasing in value.

I think I am gonna want this game sometime. I'm just gonna sit back with a bucket-o-popcorn and see what happens. I'll make my SVC buy decision as strategically as I care to.

I agree with Res-O-Glas that if he/we can get away with the least amount of depreciation, but still get with playing the game for the lowest price, great! The way I see it, if you know how to play the rules, play the game.

Actually earning a return on a videogame is probably about as frequent as winning a lottery. I am not first and formost interested in earning anything, that's why I have a job, a 401K, some CD's packed away, just like alot of people do. I'm sure those lucky bastards that bought their Metal Slug 1, Kizuna Encounter, and Ultimate 11 homecarts didn't see it coming either, and neither will we until it approaches crunchtime.

Enjoy the show kids!

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

Any know if snk can fix the two infinites/bugs of zero and geese howard in the home version?

i think they are delayed the home version to fix these bugs... :) Svc chaos is a great game, i hope they can fix this infinites for a good competitive scene.

*sorry my poor englih*

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I hope they ll not fix em

i mean,the coolness of having a neo is having the REAL thing

if they fix something it s like fake to me

The real thing had it

well,AES must have it too

AES must be the MVS served a little bit nicer(aesthetically)

sorry for the super bad english

vonze

Quiz Detective
It's a game.

It's a Neo game

It's going to launch at $300+

If you want to play it when it comes out, buy it. If not, wait and risk the chance of it being $500+ next year.

English cart pre bought. Maybe this will actually make me stop playing SF3:3s for a little while

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: vonze ]</small>

G

galfordo

Mike:
I'm with Kid on this one.

We are talking about video games here. Even if we were talking about Euro Kizuna, in the grand scheme of things (such as life) $10,000 or even $20,000 is not that much money - investment wise anyway.

If you think that anything less than $5,000 is an investment you are going to be nickle and diming your way through the rest of your life.

Buy the game to play it.

If $335 is too expensive for you then buy the PS2 version. Shit, we are talking about the Neo Geo. Nothing is cheap. Saving $XXX in this hobby doesn't mean shit.

Hell...people have been ripped off for more than you are thinking about saving.
Ok - just wanted to address a few of the points listed above. This isn't about the "grand scheme of things". It's about a 350 dollar video game, which by most people's standards, requires a bit more thought than a lousy 50 dollar PS2 title. If you want to get all lofty and talk about the grand scheme of things, well then yeah, 20 thousand dollars is pretty meaningless. But then again, in the grand scheme of things, so are the lives of everyone on this website (in the grand scheme of things). However, in the here and now, and for the next few years until I get out of school (and start making real dough), the things that will seem trivial then are pretty important now.

And the rest of the post is just a little on the arrogant/short-sighted side. Lots of people have started out small with small investments and clawed their way to the top. To say that 5 grand isn't worth saving just means you don't understand the value of the dollar.

And I don't want some crappy PS2 version - since I don't own a PS2 and don't plan on buying one.

Saving money means that, in the future, you'll have more money - to pay the rent, pay insurance, or whatever. It's silly to turn your nose up at saving unless the person is wallowing in cash - it's people at the bottom who should be saving.

All that being said ... I'll probably be whipping out my battle-scarred Mastercard to charge two SVC carts within the next couple of days with my broke college ass ... LOL. Shit I sure hope my grandfather's estate gets settled soon ...

multi_co multi_co loco