SNK's new RPG for DS

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Well, it looks as if Breath of Fire's Ryu now has a female teeny-bopper counterpart.

But that's just what I gather off looks.
Could be story I'm missing by a mile because of the language barrier.

Can you shed some light for we ign''ant folks what can't read the local language?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
If there were any justice in this world, this would be a new Crystalis...or maybe an Iron Tank revival. :crying:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I'll take a shot at translating the story :

"Long ago, the gods created a magical floating continent known as Midiarias.

The people of the world lived in peace, until one day when a Demon King appeared. The gods tried to protect the world from the Demon King, and so a long war was fought. Those who worshiped the gods were given magical powers, to fight off the demons that the Demon King would summon. But with each passing day, the demons would cover the world in darkness more and more. When the people were beginning to lose hope, a lone warrior came floating down from the continent of Midiarias. In their hand, this warrior held the Star Key, which contained the power of the stars. With the help of the gods and this warrior, the people regained hope.

The Demon King was finally sealed away with the Star Key, and the war ended. The warrior disappeared shortly afterwards. The people called the warrior the Hero of the Stars. Since then, people who would fight to protect Midiarias (much like the Hero) were referred to as Guardians of the Stars. It is believed that the Hero of the Stars would return if the Demon King were to reawaken.

That is the legend that is still told. Even today, the memory of the Hero of the Stars lives on in the minds of the people. The world was peaceful once again.

And then..."

The game's protagonist is a human named Wanda (not sure about the gender) who obtained the Star Key somehow. Wanda is a child that likes to joke around a lot, and uses the Star Key as a weapon.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If there were any justice in this world, this would be a new Crystalis...or maybe an Iron Tank revival. :crying:

Damn right. Why would they not at least make a sequel to Crystalis. It's already 20 years overdue.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I liked the vids a lot. Action packed and high hit combos make for exciting gameplay. Also looks like the same character designer for the Doki Majo series.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
But... but Crystalis was too hard!

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

Truer words couldn't be spoke.

Bittersweet - it'd probably take a Metal Slug crossover to get Iron Tank rolling again. Iron Tank would be a great downloadable title (especially for the Wii).

Edit: Oh, yeah, this new DS game looks completely unispired.

RegalSin

God damn..., what a fucking idiot, , I mean,, how
1. If the story is what is above is basically SNK trying to another Crystalis but on a Tales Of Phantasia scale most likely. However I can only guess that. It might be a run of the mill Final Fantasy game or even a Lunar clone.

2. Wow they created H-games for the NDS I am so suprised since Capcom Killer 7 got toned down in Japan's release. I mean to be honest I am not really impressed by this since some sicko is going to use the built in stylus on the touch screen and then sell to somebody. Yes now nobody can ever buy a used NDS:lol:

3. The art style is representive on a comic scale bordering chibi. The eyes is the same garbage they have for year however. I just being honest on how I feel about the hypro representive eyes.

If there were any justice in this world, this would be a new Crystalis...or maybe an Iron Tank revival.

The problem is that Nintendo brought the copyrights from SNK. So you think of this as a sorta remake.

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
1. If the story is what is above is basically SNK trying to another Crystalis but on a Tales Of Phantasia scale most likely. However I can only guess that. It might be a run of the mill Final Fantasy game or even a Lunar clone.

2. Wow they created H-games for the NDS I am so suprised since Capcom Killer 7 got toned down in Japan's release. I mean to be honest I am not really impressed by this since some sicko is going to use the built in stylus on the touch screen and then sell to somebody. Yes now nobody can ever buy a used NDS:lol:

3. The art style is representive on a comic scale bordering chibi. The eyes is the same garbage they have for year however. I just being honest on how I feel about the hypro representive eyes.

The problem is that Nintendo brought the copyrights from SNK. So you think of this as a sorta remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEX5RVPNOY