SNK's KOF '98 Mentioned in EW Magazine

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Not sure if this has been stated before, but it seems as if SNK has made it to Entertainment Weekly. Well, sorta!

There's supposed to be this documentary about being a "gamer" coming up on MTV's True Life on the 13th, and the very first sentence that is mentioned on the review is that "Tim (aka "Suicide Bob") can name all 38 characters (complete with background stories) from The King Of Fighters '98."

Should we send hate e-mail to the magazine and say that he forgot to mention all of the secret characters? LOL!! :)

Just thought I'd share this with people for a few giggles...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Thanks for the news dude. I'll be sure to TiVo it!! I don't think I've ever heard KOF mentioned on TV before. The only thing SNK I've ever seen on a TV is like one commercial about the Neo-Geo Pocket Color. Thanks again for the information. ^_^

X-death

Raiden's Valet
This should be very interesting. I have never
seen anything about the Neo Geo on T.V.! buttrock

well they had a commerical for the US gold system when they first launched.the commerical i believe was something to do with baseball stars nam 74 magican lord & ninja combat the commerical was mostly played on WB 11.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Looks like everyone is all hyped for Kof's 30 seconds of fame. Once this guy is brought on the show he may mention he knows alot about KOF then probably butcher it all to hell and then never be seen on the show cuz teh major nerd.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I think the show is going to be about "hardcore gamers" in general, and not about any particular games. You know the concept of MTV's "True Life"... it's supposed to take something that people think is cool and expose it for the supposed "ugliness" that it really is.

It'll still be interesting to see how the life of a supposed "gamer" is like.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, just saw that myself and was gonna post about it. Good to see at least a small mention of it. :)

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Pah! Lamer! I can name roughly 600 fighting game characters complete with background stories.

Give me my fifteen minutes!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
they used to have snk games on the show nick arcade on nickelodeon. they had magician lord, and some others.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
VinylBoy:
Should we send hate e-mail to the magazine and say that he forgot to mention all of the secret characters? LOL!! :)
Hell no, Dalton Ross (the guy who writes that "What To Watch" section) is fucking hilarious, I've actually seen a few video-game references get made in there sometimes

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Get ready for MASSIVE price hikes on the market.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Oh, I remember something. Last year, in the annual Swedish Song Contest, there was this guy known from a reality show. In his presentation, he kept shoving his Neo Geo oldstyle stick in front of the camera and mentioned that he loved playing games.

Even though the song sucked, he got major credit from me just because of that ^_^.

Awakened1

Zero's Secretary
OrochiEddie:
Looks like everyone is all hyped for Kof's 30 seconds of fame. Once this guy is brought on the show he may mention he knows alot about KOF then probably butcher it all to hell and then never be seen on the show cuz teh major nerd.
Come out of the closet and stop living in denial, buddy..

Cuz face it..

If you're postin on this site..

Or even reading the posts.

You're probably one of teh major nerds you just mentioned.

Who cares?

Live it up.

Neo Geo is fun, right?

People on this site are WAAAAAAAAAY TOO UPTIGHT.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Awakened1:
OrochiEddie:

Cuz face it..

Who cares?

Live it up.

Neo Geo is fun, right?

Hey man that's not true WE are the cool guys all the others are nerds....

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
BBH:
VinylBoy:
Hell no, Dalton Ross (the guy who writes that "What To Watch" section) is fucking hilarious, I've actually seen a few video-game references get made in there sometimes
nice sig

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Awakened1:
OrochiEddie:

Cuz face it..

Who cares?

Live it up.

Neo Geo is fun, right?

Don't worry he doesn't even own a Neo.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Thanks for the tip, VinylBoy! For those who haven't yet run this up on tvguide.com, here's the broadcast & repeat broadcast schedule for True Life: I'm a Gamer:

3/13/03, 10pm PST (thursday -- tonight)
3/14/03, 12noon PST (friday -- tomorrow)
3/16/03, 1:30am PST (sunday -- followed at 2:30am PST by True Life: I'm a Binge Drinker!)
3/16/03, 6pm PST
3/17/03, 5:30pm PST (monday)
3/20/03, 12midnight PST (thursday -- as in wednesday night / thursday morning)
3/28/03, 5:30pm PST (friday)

Please note that I live in Las Vegas, and this schedule was generated by tvguide.com based on my zip code and cable provider. You'll need to run your info thru tvguide.com's search function in order to confirm broadcast times in your area. Here's the synopsis of the show, again from tvguide.com:

"Video-game fanatics share their world. Included: the top PC gamer, who has earned more than $150,000 in gaming tournaments; the Golden Tee Golf world champion, who has raked in $125,000 in the past two years; and seven young men who live in a “gaming house” that features nine TVs and more than 15 different gaming systems."

--Chris

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
"9 tv's and more than 15 gamaing systems"

lol

THERES MORE THAN 15??!??!?!?!

honestly i have 17 in my room alone.

i love when people freak out when you have more than like 3.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Awakened1:
OrochiEddie:

Cuz face it..

Who cares?

Live it up.

Neo Geo is fun, right?

I know i'm a nerd i'm one of those tall lanky kids who isn't good at sports has few freinds and loves to spend lots of time playing VG's or D&D. I'm just saying other stuff i had highly anticipated has appeared before on TV and it was just a bummer.
Ex: I'm a big DDR fan and when i heard Sketchers was going to have a it in one of their comercials i was uber psyched. After seeing it I was pissed.
Maybe i was just being too pissy ::shrugs::

A-HA! I just saw it mentioned! Take note:
Tim "Suicide Bob" makes the "King Of Fighters" reference about two minutes into the show (they also show a little bit of Street Fighter III during the "Order Of Light" segment in the first five minutes as well; just a little something for you Capcom junkies).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
OMG GOLDEN TEE ROXXOR!!

please. golden tee isnt a game :p

and doesnt that fps guy suck? i read some where that some normal guy just owned him easily.