SNKP Unearths a TON of CD Systems!

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Black King Bar said:
Oh Larry, how I have missed you so!

Whats been up?

Hey man! Good to see you back here. What's been up? Hmmm... lots! ;)

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
all I can say is this:

New home cart systems: low # of them found: higher price

New home carts: TONS found over the past year. hand fulls of titles have become absurdley common= cheap

New cd systems: a LARGE lot of systems has recently been found, MUCH larger than the home cart systems that Shawn found. that compared with the fact that new or used..... NEO CD SHIT IS't THAT COLLETIBLE AND GOES PRETTY CHEAP!
therefore: CD stuff = Cheap Prices (at least I should hope. mispricing these, as well as if they actually sold out at such prices, would be absolutely morbid)

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
all I can say is this:

New home cart systems: low # of them found: higher price

New home carts: TONS found over the past year. hand fulls of titles have become absurdley common= cheap

New cd systems: a LARGE lot of systems has recently been found, MUCH larger than the home cart systems that Shawn found. that compared with the fact that new or used..... NEO CD SHIT IS't THAT COLLETIBLE AND GOES PRETTY CHEAP!
therefore: CD stuff = Cheap Prices (at least I should hope. mispricing these, as well as if they actually sold out at such prices, would be absolutely morbid)

I hope you are right, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. We will know when Shawn gets the stock in and prices it.

buster_broon

The Rock,
ORPHEUS said:
NEO CD SHIT IS't THAT COLLETIBLE AND GOES PRETTY CHEAP!
therefore: CD stuff = Cheap Prices

we are pretty good friends but this is the only thing we argue about

i think neo cd stuff can be very collectable if its taken care of, albiet not as collectable as home cart

i know you also collect neo cd stuff and i just dont understand why you think its a piece of shit all the time

as for cheap prices - the majority but it has its expensive items and now the pricing for the cdz is now available i reckon the pricing is very reasonable, if i was Shawn i would have asked for more per unit

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
buster_broon said:

i think neo cd stuff can be very collectable if its taken care of, albiet not as collectable as home cart

i know you also collect neo cd stuff and i just dont understand why you think its a piece of shit all the time

as for cheap prices - the majority but it has its expensive items and now the pricing for the cdz is now available i reckon the pricing is very reasonable, if i was Shawn i would have asked for more per unit

I agree buster it's not shit, but the load times are gruelling. I sold a complete CD collection + a modded cdz back in 99 on eBay for like $2600. So yeah there is some collectability to it, but that's only a little over $20 a title. Not that valuable. I think that's what he's getting at.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Meh, my bad. When I said "neo Cd shit" I actually did not mean it was shit. I collect for the neo cd and in all honesty it is one of my favorite systems to collect for. HOWEVER, collect is a bit of a misleading term here on N-G.com as peopel instantly think that it is like collecting home carts (what I like to call "investment collecting" j/k;))
i just collect for the fun of it and because it is cheap. YES, there are some more expensive neo cd's out there but only a handfull. even complete, mint and boxed neo cd hardware does not go for that much when sold on ebay or the forums.
anyway man, I hear ya.
regardless, this is another great find and it went to a good guy who will handle the pricing and distribution well.

buster_broon said:

;) :emb:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
12/28/03 A nice supply of new/boxed Neo-Geo 2x CDZs and top loading CD systems recently surfaced @ SNK Playmore. We are accepting preorders at a reasonable $295 per CDZ and $195 per top loader. This 120 piece shipment is expected to arrive on Monday, December 29th via super fast UPS Express from Japan.
:p

buster_broon

The Rock,
ORPHEUS said:
Meh, my bad. When I said "neo Cd shit" I actually did not mean it was shit. I collect for the neo cd and in all honesty it is one of my favorite systems to collect for. HOWEVER, collect is a bit of a misleading term here on N-G.com as peopel instantly think that it is like collecting home carts (what I like to call "investment collecting" j/k;))
i just collect for the fun of it and because it is cheap. YES, there are some more expensive neo cd's out there but only a handfull. even complete, mint and boxed neo cd hardware does not go for that much when sold on ebay or the forums.
anyway man, I hear ya.
regardless, this is another great find and it went to a good guy who will handle the pricing and distribution well.

;) :emb:

okay Mitch - sorted

he he once again the 2 neo cd collectors come to blows over the cd system :tickled: