SNK_pro P*SSED ME OFF (A LITTLE BIT)

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I maybe doing the wrong thing here as i`m pretty new to all this. If the more experienced guys on here think so, i will gladly delete this.

Anyway, i`m not a happy chappy, wanted some PC Engine games from the following thread:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?242385-PC-Engine-games.

If you read my last two posts in the thread you`ll get the idea :(.

Maybe i`m wrong, but is this how things are done on here? I`ve only ever had good experiences on here when purchasing off fellow members.

I`m quite confused since SNK_pro has great feedback :scratch:

Anyway, i would appreciate if you guys could let me know if i`m doing right or wrong but i`m a little bemused by the whole situation.

Thanks, Halfabag :)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks to me like the seller was just being a jackass.

He should have been upfront with you from the get go about the status of the games you were inquiring about. If they were sold, he should have told you so (and marked them as such in a timely manner).

I would tentatively label him an inconsiderate seller...maybe not quite time waster status.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah, you are probably right, I can't stand time wasters.

Considering the fact that the selling thread is still up on the forum makes my blood boil :very_ang:.

Wonder if he has treated the other potential purchasers the same way?

Oh and broken, thanks for the reply bud. I hate to feel like such a moaning bitch..........even though I feel it's more than justified. :)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Quite an impressive bit of feet stamping there. No deal was agreed. I informed you that I can't carry out any deals until I get back in a few days. Ask anyone I've completed a trade with on here, they've had no issues in buying any items from me.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
To quote from your THIRD PM "sorry rainbow islands is sold, I'm going to have to hold off on other PCE sales for now as I'm a bit busy work wise".

You mentioned nothing about doing any deals when you got back, you only mentioned about going away for a few days and I would be complaining about having to wait until next Wednesday/Thursday when you could ship the items!

The simple fact is, you don't know me personally (like many others on here who trade with each other). You could have simply mentioned in your first PM that you was doing a "package deal with a friend who was coming to collect".

You could, out of politeness and decency, posted that all sales were on hold because of the "friend collecting" deal and you were "away for a few days". Seeing as the thread is still there and I responded to it the very same day it was bumped makes you (at least in my eyes) a totally inconsiderate person who wasted my time.

Again, all this amazes me considering you're top feedback on iTrader:scratch:

Maybe I'm just not experienced enough at this. Anyway, like I said in my PM, good luck with future sales, but I will certainly not be a purchaser.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Quite an impressive bit of feet stamping there. No deal was agreed. I informed you that I can't carry out any deals until I get back in a few days. Ask anyone I've completed a trade with on here, they've had no issues in buying any items from me.

It only takes one bad deal or stupid thing to fuck it up tho. You should never forget that.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Gonna have to chime in here and say this: SNK_PRO is an awesome seller! I have had very good and pleasant transactions with him and he offered me awesome prices on homecarts.

Sure the above sucks for you... but I think you are overreacting a little. It is not like he scammed you. Sure he could have handled the situation better, but sometimes life does get in the way of our little nerdy hobby here and well... while that sucks, it happens.
Overall, chill. No real harm was done. You lost a few precious minutes of your life... but hell, that surely happens more often than not.

Maybe I am wrong here... but I do feel like you're overreacting. No one was scammed. SNK_PRO is a good seller/member I'd say. And I mean no offence.. I just wanted to add my 2 cents :) Peace !

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
It's ridiculous this thread even exists, I'll give one more reply in it then I'm done.

Halfabag asked to buy the game, yes, but he was the third person on that day to ask about it. Like many of you do I imagine, I had listed stuff for sale in multiple places and the game in question actually sold on another forum. At the time of Halfabags PM, the game was still unsold but in negotiation. Did I give priority to the first guy to enquire? Yes I did. Did I at any point whatsoever agree the sale of Rainbow Islands to the OP or as much as enter in to any dialogue concerning the sale of the game to him? No. It seems to me that he's unhappy he didn't get the game, and feels that in saying he would "Pay right away" that he had somehow gathered some greater right than anyone else to buying it. On the day of the thread update I was called away to take care of some work problems. Anyone who is self employed (Or even employed in general for that matter) will know that taking care of business situations takes precedence over selling a videogame for a few pounds/dollars. As it stood, the buyer from the other forum was also a friend and represented a nice easy trade that took none of my time. There were other games asked about, and I informed the OP that I was going to be unavailable for a few days, so there was little point in arranging sales there and then as I would be unable to ship. As I told him on the day, had I agreed a sale I would then be putting myself at risk of a complaint about slow shipping etc. Ask people who've bought from me here, I like to ship items within 24 hours of any deal being completed. Hell, you'll often see me get things in the mail to Neo-Geo.com buyers within an hour of me receiving payment. As for me not contacting a mod to close the thread for the few days, yeah, I'm sure the guys would love that. Every time I take a day away I'm expected to ask for lock/unlocks for items that can sit unsold for months? The mods would, quite rightly, tell me where to go.

Fast forward and the tantrum kicks off in my sales thread, then finds its way here. Twice now I've been told by the OP that I have lost him as a future buyer. That's probably the funniest part of the whole thing, as if I would want to conduct any business with someone who behaves like a child who didn't get the sweets they wanted in the shop.

For any mod reading, I am more than happy to have any trading rights I have on the forum be taken away from me if it's deemed I'm out of line. Not being able to sell any items here genuinely would have no effect on my use of the forum, as useful as the place has been for some great sales with equally great buyers. This thread's an embarrassment to the guy starting it, and to me for getting dragged in to it.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It's ridiculous this thread even exists, I'll give one more reply in it then I'm done.

No it's not. In this scene if you even pull a slight dick move which you did then someone will obviously call you out on it. Sorry it had to be you since you're a good seller but you have to admit that was a dick move you pulled.

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
Uh, am I missing something? If he never told you the game was yours he didn't waste your time. I don't know about the multiple site sales simultaneously thing. I personally don't think that's manageable and it seems these kinds of things happen more often when people try and juggle too much at once, but that doesn't mean he wasted your time. It just means you didn't get the game you wanted because he sold it to someone else. It happens.

If you think dealing for a game is a waste of your time, maybe buying stuff from regular people on a forum isn't for you?

And I don't think you owe anyone an explanation, SNK_pro. Someone else bought it first, simple as that. Could you have told him his place in line? Yes. I would have done that. But does that make you a time waster or a bad seller? I personally don't think so.

For any mod reading, I am more than happy to have any trading rights I have on the forum be taken away from me if it's deemed I'm out of line. Not being able to sell any items here genuinely would have no effect on my use of the forum, as useful as the place has been for some great sales with equally great buyers. This thread's an embarrassment to the guy starting it, and to me for getting dragged in to it.

This, however, makes you look just as childish and petty as Halfabag.

Last edited: