SNK vs. Capcom Chaos for XBOX is censored.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, after seeing the previews on Gamespot, it's obvious SNK of America was lying when they said they expected no censorship in this game. *Pets his SVC rom* That's where their money's going if they continue this bullshit.

boogbutt

Cheng's Errand Boy
SVC Chaos MVS

Is the MVS version of the game censored or is it uncensored because
i am thinking about getting a new copy of the game for my MVS consolized
unit. So anyways should i buy it instead of the Xbox version since it's
already out for MVS.?

Off the subject, Pochi and Nyaa for MVS sounds like a cool puzzle game
because my older brothers kids come every once in a while to visit me,
they could learn how to play video games real good. since three of his kids are
small, the first one is a five year old girl, the second one is a three year old boy
and the third is one.

So Alyssa is five, Erick is three & Shawn is one, since he is named after me
because my brother wanted to give my name to him. I think that's cool to
have an older brother who plays video games with me because i am disabled & we
also play Samurai Shodown 3 or Metal Slug 3, :tickled: sometimes he beats
me at SS3 & Sometimes i beat him at SS3, but he is much better at the game.

Also the games that i am going to buy from the Neo Store are,

Aero Fighters 2

Metal Slug

Metal Slug X

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug 4

Pochi and Nyaa

SVC Chaos

King of Fighters 2003

Matrimelee

Shock Troopers 1 & 2

Also if i buy an Atomiswave motherboard & get it Consolized from Kenny,
which game should i get with it because i can't decide which game to get for the
Atomiswave.

Any ideas, let me know.

Thanks everyone on the forums & have a great Labor day! :D :cool: :tickled:

Shawn Carr

Boogbutt@yahoo.com

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
boogbutt said:
Is the MVS version of the game censored or is it uncensored because
i am thinking about getting a new copy of the game for my MVS consolized
unit. So anyways should i buy it instead of the Xbox version since it's
already out for MVS.?
It depends on your bios. If you have a U.S. MVS board, SVC will be censored; if you have a JP board, it won't be. But if Kenny consolized your MVS, I'd bet he added the Debug/Uni bios or whatever, so you should be able to uncensor it yourself and keep the english.

Hope that helps.

boogbutt

Cheng's Errand Boy
:glee: Thanks for the info,
Yes Kenny installed a uni-bios in my Consolized MVS unit & some games are
uncensored, but i am going to buy the uni-bios 2.0 when Kenny gets them in
stock maybe this week he said when i contacted him a couple of days ago.

I just wish they would continue making MVS games because it's still a great
machine to play them on. To bad they didn't make upgrade chips with sockets
in the MVS unit so you can put like a new Graphic's chip, Sound chip & whatever
upgrade chips it would need etc.

That would of been better so they can continue making MVS games on the unit.

Maybe they should put all the Neo Geo MVS games on the Atomiswave motherboard along with the new games & have the Atomiswave Consolized
since The Neo Geo controllers can be wired in so you can play them whenever you
want, new or classics games, plus a uni-bios installed if it can be done.

Also non Neo GEO games like, Capcom, Konami, Tecmo, Namco and many other
game companys too. Hint Street Fighter 3 Third Strike or the D&D Arcades that
came out & maybe Aliens vs Preditor or a part two of the Arcade.

I hope i spelled Preditor right, sorry about that. :loco: :D :drool_2: :cool: :tickled:

That would be so cool if they did that. :drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2: :tickled:

Last edited:

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
who gives a shit, the only game it really stands out on is Metal Slug 3 as there's blood every second, whereas it rarely occurs in SVC. I'm all against censorship but anyone could have seen this coming regardless.

the only people who get upset about the lack of bouncin tits is sad fucks liek thereverend anyway. I LKIE WATCHIN' DEM BOOBS BOUCNE MON!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Plisken said:
who gives a shit, the only game it really stands out on is Metal Slug 3 as there's blood every second, whereas it rarely occurs in SVC. I'm all against censorship but anyone could have seen this coming regardless.

the only people who get upset about the lack of bouncin tits is sad fucks liek thereverend anyway. I LKIE WATCHIN' DEM BOOBS BOUCNE MON!
This is an old argument that comes up every time we get a port. Some people just like the original arcade game with nothing taken out. It's the reason a lot of us got into the Neo back in the early '90s. No need to lump everyone in with thereverend...that was really uncalled for, man...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Thereverend said:

Just get the fuck out of this thread you stupid piece of shit. People don't make fun of you outside of the war room?

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
a small loss but id still buy it but i dont have an x-box ^_^

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
This is an old argument that comes up every time we get a port. Some people just like the original arcade game with nothing taken out. It's the reason a lot of us got into the Neo back in the early '90s. No need to lump everyone in with thereverend...that was really uncalled for, man...

Early Neo games were censored too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Early Neo games were censored too.
Yeah, I remember I was pissed in '94. Finally my roommate ended up with the Neo, went back to Japan and bought a JP copy of KOF '94, thinking it would be fixed. He was like, "What the shit?!" At least for SVC, the US MVS was edited also, so it's kind of consistent.

I dunno...when I got the Neo originally, for FF2, there were no differences between arcade and home, so I guess I always equate it with that. If you take my favorite book, rip a page out of it, and hand it back to me, I'm going to be pissed. Doesn't matter if the page wasn't vital to the story; I can still read the book (and I can still enjoy it), but I'll have the vague memory of what's missing, and it will bug me.

I'm not trying to sound like it's the end of the world...this is far from it. And if I had to choose between bounce and Live, I'd take Live in a second.

Of course.

But everything else being equal, I'd have rather it hadn't been edited. I don't know...maybe it's like widescreen vs. pan and scan? Is there someone out there who prefers edited?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
In the final version, just change it to japanese:

DanElektro said:
Thanks--and I have good news: It defaults to US mode (no bounce and no blood), but you can change the language to Japanese in the Options menu; the menu text changes, Mai becomes bouncy and Iori & Balrog are bloody. Purists, rejoice!

Last year? This year? Whatchootalkinbout Ranma? The next issue of OXM to hit stands will have the SvC demo on it (and that will likely just be the US version).

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
from SNK NEOGEO USA themselves

this is from the boards on the official snkneogeousa website.

"Site Admin

Hello all,
SNK NEOGEO USA moderator here.
Just wanted to let everyone know that SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS. (US Xbox) is not censored. In the game you are able to play a direct port of either the US or Japanese versions of the arcade game. The default is set to US, so if you want the full Japanese version just change the language selection to Japanese. Basically, we've given you two versions of the game in one package and have left it up to you to decide which version you want to play. "

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I take back anything bad I've said about SNK USA or Ben Herman. This is the perfect solution. And Live makes it more than perfect. I hope this follows through all future releases.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Jim is hot said:
Hello all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS. (US Xbox) is not censored. In the game you are able to play a direct port of either the US or Japanese versions of the arcade game. The default is set to US, so if you want the full Japanese version just change the language selection to Japanese. Basically, we've given you two versions of the game in one package and have left it up to you to decide which version you want to play. "

I'm not willing to go as far as SouthtownKid about the whole forgiving thing, as I'm still bitter about the SSVS nonsense, but this is at least a step in the right direction. Maybe they're finally starting to see the light .... :rolleyes:

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
That is still kind of messed up though because if I put the game in Japanese mode I will not be able to read any of the text, or am I misreading this somehow?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I'm not willing to go as far as SouthtownKid about the whole forgiving thing, as I'm still bitter about the SSVS nonsense,
SNK USA had nothing whatsoever to do with that. Out of all the legit reasons to have been mad at them, that wasn't one of them.

Including both versions of the game...offering the Max Impact LE in the US...a better website... SNK USA is on the upswing.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
SNK USA had nothing whatsoever to do with that. Out of all the legit reasons to have been mad at them, that wasn't one of them.

Including both versions of the game...offering the Max Impact LE in the US...a better website... SNK USA is on the upswing.

Yeah, that's true I guess. I guess I sort of thought of them collectively, which was/is a mistake. You'd think that SNK USA would be able to better respond to their North American fan base and be able to relay this information back to their JPN offices, but then they'd probably have more luck talking to a brick wall.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
That's not bad, actually. If that thing, about setting Guilty Gear X #Reload to Korean(with the Korean soundtrack) by using the Xbox Language Feature, works; then I can see the Xbox Language Feature to be a new favorite option to use.

Thereverend

Banned
Well

SNK VS. Capcom: SVC Chaos is scheduled for release on the Xbox in just a couple weeks and, with the release so close, it was revealed that the game won’t be censored. While not exactly shocking news, it was revealed that the game will include both a default US version, as well as the uncensored Japanese version via changing the language settings in the game. To be exact, the following was said through the SNK NEOGEO USA forum on the matter of censorship in the game.

“Hello all, SNK NEOGEO USA moderator here.
Just wanted to let everyone know that SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS. (US Xbox) is not censored. In the game you are able to play a direct port of either the US or Japanese versions of the arcade game. The default is set to US, so if you want the full Japanese version just change the language selection to Japanese. Basically, we've given you two versions of the game in one package and have left it up to you to decide which version you want to play.”

SNK VS. Capcom: SVC Chaos will be host to 36 fighters (17 SNK, 17 Capcom, 2 secret), modes of play including: Arcade, Versus and Practice, and Xbox Live support for online play. The game’s slated for release on September 28th, 2004.

There's the official word

Last edited:

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Thereverend said:
Well

SNK VS. Capcom: SVC Chaos is scheduled for release on the Xbox in just a couple weeks and, with the release so close, it was revealed that the game won’t be censored. While not exactly shocking news, it was revealed that the game will include both a default US version, as well as the uncensored Japanese version via changing the language settings in the game. To be exact, the following was said through the SNK NEOGEO USA forum on the matter of censorship in the game.

“Hello all, SNK NEOGEO USA moderator here.
Just wanted to let everyone know that SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS. (US Xbox) is not censored. In the game you are able to play a direct port of either the US or Japanese versions of the arcade game. The default is set to US, so if you want the full Japanese version just change the language selection to Japanese. Basically, we've given you two versions of the game in one package and have left it up to you to decide which version you want to play.”

SNK VS. Capcom: SVC Chaos will be host to 36 fighters (17 SNK, 17 Capcom, 2 secret), modes of play including: Arcade, Versus and Practice, and Xbox Live support for online play. The game’s slated for release on September 28th, 2004.

There's the official word

Which has already been posted, you waste of space dumbass.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Jim is hot said:
this is from the boards on the official snkneogeousa website.

"Site Admin

Hello all,

Post #38, Dumbass. Born retarded? Best friend a banjo, Call your sister 'Ma'?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I hope this isn't a trend, or I won't be buying the KOF collection on xbox either. Oh well, I'll just play the ROM on my xbox, playing SvC online wasn't a big deal anyway, the game is so fucking broken it'll make CvS2 look like Super Turbo.

Good thing we still have GGXXReload to look forward too.