its fun to argue and stuff every now and again

but to pop up in a topic only to say
"you're a dork"

not cool

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Fran ]</small>

supergoose79:
@ the_move :
how 'bout a nice vacation? it's about time ... :rolleyes:
Oh, continuing the series of "The Invasion of the Asscrawlers", "Supergans"?

Back to topic I say give a feedback when the game is out!

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: the_move ]</small>

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
the_move Oh, continuing the series of "The Invasion of the Asscrawlers", "Supergans"?
still pretending to be the good samaritan, who helped his brother, 'movie doofie'?

all you can do is chasing Fran (obsessed, eh?) and spamming the whole place. you have nothing worthwhile to contribute & you bought a game cube with mortal kombat (lol) instead of a neo. so what the f*ck are you here for, eh?

at least keep your mindless shit in the war room. :rolleyes:

on topic :
i dig the forrest stage.

supergoose79:
the_move Oh, continuing the series of "The Invasion of the Asscrawlers", "Supergans"?
still pretending to be the good samaritan, who helped his brother, 'movie doofie'?

all you can do is chasing Fran (obsessed, eh?) and spamming the whole place. you have nothing worthwhile to contribute & you bought a game cube with mortal kombat (lol) instead of a neo. so what the f*ck are you here for, eh?

at least keep your mindless shit in the war room. :rolleyes:

on topic :
i dig the forrest stage.
1. I am not a good samaritan, that´s true. But I visit the gameplayforum more than Fran does obviously. That leads me to the second point.

2. I do not spam a tenth that much as Fran, YOUR oh so samaritan does. Nothing to contribute because I haven´t played matrimelee yet? don´t make me laugh!

3. I had a NEO for a long time, and I will have one again very soon. (*Looking at SvC Chaos) So it is not your business to decide who is a Neo fan and who is not. I love the Neo coz it holds my favourite Beat em ups.

4. Ach und Übrigens wurde mir der Name the_move verliehen. Wie stehts mit dem Supergoose, was auch immer das bedeuten soll?

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: the_move ]</small>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran:
motw was intended to be part 1 of something,probably the new "ff series",ala RB

i mean,almost all the endings in that game hint at a sequel

but then snk went down...

i am 99 % sure there will be a sequel to SVCC

a lot of "popular" characters were not included

athena,yama,alex,K',rose,ibuki...and so on

they have actually CREATED something this time - all the capcom sprites

so no way in hell they are going to "waste" all those hard hours of work

we will see shiki and earthquake in SS5

and we will see those capcom sprites again

and again

and again
Dude, have a beer and chill. I mean come on you're so pessemistic, everything you ever post about when there's a new game up is how dissapointed you are or how bad Playmore is, etc, etc.

I mean come on, I played some KOF2k2 today and it's pretty damn fun, don't know why you hate it so much. I mean what you hate BC mode? Me too, seriously I never use it cause it sucks.

MAX Mode in KOF is the same thing. Gotta hit ABC to get SDM's off in 98 and it sucks. I almost never use it in a real match, cause its just like BC mode in 2k2. You activate it and BAM you got instant turtle from your opponent. They'll just stay as far away from you as possible till it runs out.

That said, it's still awesome. Lots of fun, like all the other KOF's. So yeah SvC is officially "Playmore's" first game. You don't like not having the run or the short hop, fine.

Its not gonna be like KOF but I've played plenty of games with out them, modern games and they're still fun.

SvC looks awesome. Yeah the KOF sprites aren't as nice as the Capcom ones (well Dahlsim anyway), who gives a shit. If you're playing the Neo for the most advanced graphics then you should have left anyway. The game looks awesome to play and I can't understand any Neo fan who would not be DYING to play this game.

Whatever man, you can be pissy about it or you can at least go at it with an open mind. Its your choice really.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
The game looks awesome to play and I can't understand any Neo fan who would not be DYING to play this game.
I don't understand.

I must be damn jaded because I consider myself a huge neo fanbois - yet I'm not "DYING" to play it, its mostly sprite rips..

..and it should have come out three years ago.

but I can see how others are excited.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
kernow:
JHendrix:
The game looks awesome to play and I can't understand any Neo fan who would not be DYING to play this game.
I don't understand.

I must be damn jaded because I consider myself a huge neo fanbois - yet I'm not "DYING" to play it, its mostly sprite rips..

Mostly sprite rips? Hmmm, about 60-70% of the spriters of totally new. And all of htem goes in the same art style, it would be hard to say that about CVS2 for example.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
cgun:
kernow:
JHendrix:
I don't understand.

Mostly sprite rips? Hmmm, about 60-70% of the spriters of totally new. And all of htem goes in the same art style, it would be hard to say that about CVS2 for example.
What the shell? Every character on SNK's side besides the 3 from the Samsho series have been "confirmed" as nothing more than sprite rips with added animation. Thats what 13 charaters. Plus it appears that Hugo is straight outta SFIII minus some frames of animation. Not to mention the evil/orochi/idontcare versions of some of the Capcom characters. Only about 53% of the characters are new sprites.

Lastly even though they are in the same "art style" they don't look the same. Just look at the Dhalsim vs Mai vid to see that.

<small>[ June 15, 2003, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Mark of the Wolves ]</small>

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves:
cgun:
kernow:
JHendrix:
I don't understand.

What the shell? Every character on SNK's side besides the 3 from the Samsho series have been "confirmed" as nothing more than sprite rips with added animation. Thats what 13 charaters. Plus it appears that Earthquake is straight outta SFIII minus some frames of animation. Not to mention the evil/orochi/idontcare versions of some of the Capcom characters. Only about 53% of the characters are new sprites.

Lastly even though they are in the same "art style" they don't look the same. Just look at the Dhalsim vs Mai vid to see that.
Earthquake was ripped right out of SFIII huh? Hummmmmmm...Meaning Hugo? Appears=assume. Lets wait and see and get some confermation before we assume anything else. Chun-Li borrows heavly from her SF3 style, yet she is completely redrawn. Lets see what the next few weeks produce in terms of some concrete information, clearer pics and as good as they are, higher quality offical videos.

Chichiri

Quiz Detective
You're getting confused MOTW, you mean Hugo from SFIII, and regardless of the fact that it is basically a trace, its still new work done. Besides, do you really want to play a bunch of characters who dont look at all like they are supposed to? people whine on end about Iori being changed, so what should they want to make Hugo look different and alienate Hugo fans? Dont be stupid, they use the old look so old players are comfortable. And besides, from what Ive read Kasumi has been redone, so thats 4 of SNKs characters.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I made a simple mistake. Hugo just doesn't look like a "new" Sprite at all. He stands out in moe ways than just his immense size. But I guess it is too early to come to conclusions...

And Kasumi is new? Well we know who will probably be in KOF '03 annoyed

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
On the topic of home cart games being like a gift to the fans:

I agree to an extent, but I think the big thing is that SNK made it so that all the games would have to have a home cart mode.You stick an MVS cart into the home system using a converter and it plays like a home cart. So yeah, it's not much extra work for them to make a home cart.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
Fran:
motw was intended to be part 1 of something,probably the new "ff series",ala RB

i mean,almost all the endings in that game hint at a sequel

but then snk went down...

i am 99 % sure there will be a sequel to SVCC

a lot of "popular" characters were not included

athena,yama,alex,K',rose,ibuki...and so on

they have actually CREATED something this time - all the capcom sprites

so no way in hell they are going to "waste" all those hard hours of work

we will see shiki and earthquake in SS5

and we will see those capcom sprites again

and again

and again
Dude, have a beer and chill. I mean come on you're so pessemistic, everything you ever post about when there's a new game up is how dissapointed you are or how bad Playmore is, etc, etc.

I mean come on, I played some KOF2k2 today and it's pretty damn fun, don't know why you hate it so much. I mean what you hate BC mode? Me too, seriously I never use it cause it sucks.

MAX Mode in KOF is the same thing. Gotta hit ABC to get SDM's off in 98 and it sucks. I almost never use it in a real match, cause its just like BC mode in 2k2. You activate it and BAM you got instant turtle from your opponent. They'll just stay as far away from you as possible till it runs out.

That said, it's still awesome. Lots of fun, like all the other KOF's. So yeah SvC is officially "Playmore's" first game. You don't like not having the run or the short hop, fine.

Its not gonna be like KOF but I've played plenty of games with out them, modern games and they're still fun.

SvC looks awesome. Yeah the KOF sprites aren't as nice as the Capcom ones (well Dahlsim anyway), who gives a shit. If you're playing the Neo for the most advanced graphics then you should have left anyway. The game looks awesome to play and I can't understand any Neo fan who would not be DYING to play this game.

Whatever man, you can be pissy about it or you can at least go at it with an open mind. Its your choice really.
no no no
you're missing the point

and you are weird,really

80 % of your posts are about GGXX and how shit the neo games are because they arent high rez !

then i moan about the fact that certain sprites are from fucking kof 96

and i complain about how BASIC this game is

no run,no short jumps

have you seen those videos?

those matches are SO boring

and i'm pessimistic and all that shit spock

i see what i see and if the rest of the people are blind...what can i say

to each his own

i play my games

i dont like kof 2002
but i have bought the game
i have played the game

i have the right to complain

then,obviously,a lot of people
they're not THAT into kof or neo fighters

they dont even know about kof 96 or 99
and they like 2002
and think it is the best neo fighter

i still believe 2002 is the worst kof
it is still a game i can sit down and enjoy,sure
but its the worst episode of the series

so let me complain
pheraps one day people will realize that what i'm saying is true

2002 bc mode = 98 MAX mode ?

no,there's a huge difference

but who cares

svcc is great
kof 2002 is great
rotd is great
slug 4 is great

laters

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon:
On the topic of home cart games being like a gift to the fans:

I agree to an extent, but I think the big thing is that SNK made it so that all the games would have to have a home cart mode.You stick an MVS cart into the home system using a converter and it plays like a home cart. So yeah, it's not much extra work for them to make a home cart.
and i bet they produce both mvs carts and home carts at the same time

to reduce costs

just think about ff3
it had that bug that caused the game to freeze

and its present in both versions

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to playing this ones, but I do feel that the rampant recycling being employed here is disheartening.

HUGO is his SF3 sprite, mearly ported over as best as possible.

Mai looks like shit, as does Kyo and Ryo. Those sprites were awesome years ago, but it is time for some change. Would it have taken that much extra effort to.make new sprites? I dont think so considering that this game will net huge cash for Playmore?snk/Neo Geo SNK.

Chichiri

Quiz Detective
Would it take a lot of effort? Possibly, depending on the time and number of people working on the project. Would it be a good business decision? If all the people who complain about the slightly changed Iori and Kim sprites are a majority of the people who actually buy the games, then no. If they make even minor changes to the characters and the players don't like it they bitch to no end, and will probably hold that complaint for years to come, even if they never played a game featuring that sprite again. I'd love to see an updated look, but then again if people are going to complain eithr way why put the effort in to begin with. That makes just as many people unhappy as if they had done something different to the character that noone liked.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah, I think seeing new SNK sprites as cool as the new Capcom ones would definitely make more happy players than unhappy ones.