SNK Vs. Capcom Card Fighters Clash DS (Preview & Screens)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
You know I'm excited for it. Even with the unusual art style, if the source game is anything like the originals, it's going to be something. Card Fighters Clash can easily be on the top end of a list of best portable game ever made. It might argue with some for the #1 spot; but there's very few people here that had the game and can say they put more hours in another native portable game (not including emulated games of something that existed on a non-portable).

People putting in 200+ hours in Card Fighters Clash is common, not the extreme case nor the minority. In fact, unless people here (who own the game(s) and didn't just pick it up and/or not opened the box) report less hours, I've yet to meet somebody who didn't put insane times into that game.

Last edited:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Sweet. Can't wait to see the new Cody card.

Don't forget the Buriki One cards, Playmore.

-Tech

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
OH. HELL. YES.
*Gasps for air*

That looks wickedcake.

The game that stole an ENTIRE week of my life is back to steal another week or three!:D

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Wow. SNK vs Capcom cardfighters is one of my favoriate games. Hope the English version hit the market soon...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
People putting in 200+ hours in Card Fighters Clash is common, not the extreme case nor the minority. In fact, unless people here (who own the game(s) and didn't just pick it up and/or not opened the box) report less hours, I've yet to meet somebody who didn't put insane times into that game.

I had to do that twice to people erasing my saved games:crying: , with my first save I had damn near all the cards as I knew a guy who had the SNK ver( I have Cap ).

I want this game so bad

inside/outside

, , incessant fucktard, ,
the art looks wicked smooth.
I would buy a ds for this game.
any word if it will support online play ?

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm not expecting them to do the separation of SNK/Capcom games for this release. I have Card Fighters 1 SNK and Capcom versions, and Card Fighters 2.

While Card Fighters 1 had two versions, Card Fighters 2 simply had 1 all encompassing version. I'm expecting this new release to go the way of Card Fighters 2.

Felixir

n00b
Am I the only one here who seems skeptical about this after seeing the screens? I was a huge fan of CFC1 and 2, but this recent addition seems... I dunno, too different? It seems as though they've added HP, ruling out the aspect of BP being the sole power and energy of a card. They're now 8 slots, and the playing field looks sorta cramped unlike the wide area from the original. I liked the originals because of their simplicity while being able to retain your attention for hours and hours, but it looks like its getting a little complex. The artwork is iffy and looks severely recycled with low quality. I half-expected at least chibi renditions in high resolution. I wished hard for the top screen to show animated/updated NGPC fighting sprites fighting each other, but I could only dream. Intead it'll be like the previous CFC's showing the card being "hit", which I guess I don't mind either.

Maybe i'm being a bit too critical of CFCDS when it hasn't even been released yet, but I have a bad feeling about it nonetheless. If all else, I can still pop in my cartridge for CFC :p

manly_pirate

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Felixir said:
Am I the only one here who seems skeptical about this after seeing the screens? I was a huge fan of CFC1 and 2, but this recent addition seems... I dunno, too different? It seems as though they've added HP, ruling out the aspect of BP being the sole power and energy of a card. They're now 8 slots, and the playing field looks sorta cramped unlike the wide area from the original. I liked the originals because of their simplicity while being able to retain your attention for hours and hours, but it looks like its getting a little complex. The artwork is iffy and looks severely recycled with low quality. I half-expected at least chibi renditions in high resolution. I wished hard for the top screen to show animated/updated NGPC fighting sprites fighting each other, but I could only dream. Intead it'll be like the previous CFC's showing the card being "hit", which I guess I don't mind either.

Maybe i'm being a bit too critical of CFCDS when it hasn't even been released yet, but I have a bad feeling about it nonetheless. If all else, I can still pop in my cartridge for CFC :p

Agreed, I'm very worried about all these changes.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
If the changes worry you, just pull out the original. I like that this is a NEW title. :buttrock:

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I will for sure get this game when Play-Asia gets it in. It looks sweet :drool_2: . I haven't played my DS for awhile. I better sweep the dust off my DS, cause it is going get a lot of game time on it when this Game comes out. :lolz:

starman

Armored Scrum Object
Dizzy11523 said:
If the changes worry you, just pull out the original. I like that this is a NEW title. :buttrock:
Seconded. SNKP needs to redeem its former glory--only original, new games can bring this about!

Provided these are awesome new games, of course.:kekeke:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Wow, Capcom decided to throw Dante in? Pretty cool!

I really hope this game's just as awesome as the original.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This will be my first Card Fighter's experience.

I think using the stylus will up the fun factor for this game.

Can't wait to check out the 'tier lists' heh..

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks interesting... mmmh... might be reason enough to buy the DS Lite after all...

El Cernex

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
h-104_55003_snk04.jpg.jpg

Dice? Betting? Bland character portraits? Consider my brow furrowed...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Violent Ryo said:
This will be my first Card Fighter's experience.
In the meantime, definitely pick up a NEO-GEO Pocket Color and the original Card Fighters Clash -- worth every penny.
zer0hue said:
Dice? Betting? Bland character portraits? Consider my brow furrowed...
I've got no problem with the artwork I've seen so far, and I'd imagine that the betting will be optional. It appears to be available in 2-player versus battles -- hey, if the game utilizes a point-earning system to unlock/obtain certain things, and you think your deck is completely badass, I see nothing wrong with the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and risk some hard-earned points to prove it. I'm pretty sure the image of the dice is simply the determining-who-goes-first mechanic used at the start of a match (I think this was used in KOF Battle de Paradise on NGPC, wasn't it?).

--Chris

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Love those new screen shots

This just might be the last DS game I get