SNK-P thinks it can set your morals (SSVS)... what do you think?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Bobak said:
I think a believable route would be publically embarrassing them, like getting an article out there saying "For its Neo Geo finale, SNK gives its fans a swift kick in the pants".

If we could only somehow get such an article on a big-name site, like Gamespot...

aria

Former Moderator
Big Bruno said:
Tell me if I am wrong Bobak

I feel a little uncomfortable getting in to this. Not that I'm afraid of Shawn doing anything to me, but I feel like I'd rather not take a position on what Shawn should or should not do in this area.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I think everyone's taking it way too personally.

What do you call defeating the bios technology and refusing to install a code that releases the concept??
This SNKP/Yuki action goes waaay beyond business..
You gotta love this selective political correctness...
heh.
This really burns me up because I can't help not seeing the gun violence being promoted and somewhat glorified in video games and other aspects of entertainment. How many people are murdered by sword violence daily??
As I post this,another US citizen most likely just fell victim to gun violence, NOT sword violence...
-BB

slerch666

updyke,
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Don't be ridiculous. Even if you were able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we're dealing with a cut and dried case of false advertising then you'd have to deal with the high-priced lawyers of a large (relatively) company. I understand that at this point in time you might be somewhat blinded by neo passion but it's just not a financially feasible suggestion.

Shawn is not only a fan, he's also a businessman. All of his hard work wasn't just to put smiles on our faces... even if a significant portion of it was. That suggestion is not in his best interests.

Well, then all this is is a place to vent frustrations. Nothing will come of us all sitting here complaining and whining, so this is pointless. I realize it's not realistic, and as I said before, I didn't buy the game, won't buy the game, so even if there were a suit brought, I wouldn't be in it.

They pulled fatalities. They advertised them as a selling point for the new game. They took your money. You're left with an inferior product.

Sure, giving up some of Shawn's money isn't in his interest. It was a suggestion.

I'm probably going to bail from this thread. Too much drama and too little action for me. Classic N-G.com. All talk, no action. Fans got scammed by the mother company and that's all there is to it.

slerch666

updyke,
Kazuki Dash said:
damn housewives with nothing to do always have to stick their noses in everyone's business...

:mad:
At least the housewives did more than complain for once.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
slerch666 said:
I'm probably going to bail from this thread. Too much drama and too little action for me. Classic N-G.com. All talk, no action. Fans got scammed by the mother company and that's all there is to it.

to be fair slerch, Razoola has shown he is working on the problem so I wouldn't say that absolutely nothing is being done...

omnedon

Astra Superstar
What I think we should do:

1) make sure we can't fix it ourselves, by finding a hidden code, or if our saviour Razoola can get us around it. I realize a Uni.1.4 BIOS would mean an upgrade mod to some, but if upgraded to a socket, then in the future you would be able to upgrade your AES yourself. Just get the latest from razoola. Maybe even the Phantom-1 MS5 MVS issue may be solved one day.

2) Petition SNK-P

3) This may very well be false advertising. If enough of us felt that we were victims of false advertising, we should act accordingly.

I don't have my copy yet, so I'm not ready to decide. After seeing the fatalities in that movie and in the pics on the site, it smells like false advertising to me.

:crying:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
well, I want to do something about this censorship as much as many other people here. I just don't know WHAT I should do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
See, that's where I disagree:

The fact that SNK did this to all home carts users only shows that they pulled the rug out from under us on a much grander scale: everyone was shown fatalities, no one got them.

The fact that they screwed everyone equally doesn't let them off the hook, in my mind.
But...

They're in the game. Just not the homecart version. The pictures from Playmore's official site showing the fatalities are in the "Arcade" section. I don't think you could make a claim of false advertising stick.

It's increadibly egocentric and conspiricy-mined -- even for us Americans -- to think SNKP did this to "screw" us. Why would they intentionally and knowingly hurt their own sales? It would be nice if someone who's in a position to, would find out the complete reasoning as to why it was done. And I don't mean Ben "who me?" Herman. I mean Playmore. Herman has proved time and again that he's guessing along with the rest of us. I can't even blame him anymore. I guarantee there is a reason behind this move beyond wanting to "screw" fans, that made them take this measure. Please, people, pretend for a minute that you're not the center of the universe. They can't have been happy about throwing that hard work away.

Every day in this country, compromises and edits take place while making movies (Spider Man's twin towers, Schwartzenegger's 'Colateral Damage' got pushed waaay back, etc.); comics publishers have censored themselves for the past half-century, and every other form of creative expression gets altered for a whole range of reasons. Schwartzenegger (and the studio) misguidedly thought to delay release 'Colateral Damage' out of sensitivity to the victims and families of the 9/11 attacks, not grasping that blowing the shit out of terrorists was exactly what Americans wanted to see at that moment. I see this as a similar case.

Stinky-Dinkins said:
The most prudent route would be to start an online rom-swap petition... didn't someone once mention that Gerstman of Gamespot.com was a huge Neo home cart fan? Maybe we could get him behind this.
This does seem like the most sensible solution. Even though I think it has almost no chance of working, it seems the most likely to end in a good result. I think SNKP would be at least more receptive to it than a lawsuit.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Playmore is gonna pay. Playmore are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Japan and find those Playmore fucks who are making this game, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, VT and Silent Bob(ak)

Word up on that man. SNKP just proved they're some scum bag motherfuckers with this last release, and I hope the people who made that desicion for everyone else gets raped AMERICAN ME style with a seraded blade up the anus. Fuckin' sons' of bitches! *I hate it when a consortium of individuals think they have a right to decide for others what they can or cannot tolerate/view/interact with. Someone should stomp these bastards into the ground then piss on em'. After going AMERICAN ME on their ass... literally. THE FUCKS! :mad: :very_ang:

MERCENARY X99

slerch666

updyke,
Kazuki Dash- true enough, but then what does that do for future SNK-P releases? Nothing as it changes nothing, except that THIS release would be 'fixed.' What about future releases in the arcade and on home systems?

Since the class action thing has been shot down, here's another suggestion:

STOP BUYING SNK-P PRODUCTS

The only way you'll get them to listen is to hurt their wallets. Since the class action suit won't happen, the next best thing is a total boycott of all SNK-P products. Fuck us with a single release, we fuck you with the rest. This would require discipline and action, 2 things this 'community' usually lacks.

Another Point- What's a petition going to do? Sure, SNK-P will realize people are pissed, as I'm sure they are already aware. But what is 1000 signatures on a piece of paper or some website?

How about a HUGE letter writing campaign? Nothing hits home worse than 1000's of pieces of paper all complaining about a single product. We supposedly have 8000+ members on the board and if even 1/2 that number send in complaints, this will drive a message home to SNK-P.

slerch666

updyke,
Or how about a FAX campaign, similar to the save the iPdo thing? Imagine flooding SNK-P with tons of angry faxes. That'll drive the message home just as well as sending paper mail to them.

How about both a letter campaign and a fax campaign? Why not both? Fuck 'em on 2 levels like they fucked the fan.

Kazuki Dash

slerch666 said:
unless their future titles demonstrate some unbelievably great work minus the B.S., this is probably what I will wind up doing in the future anyways...that or buying second-hand copies at a discount...

How about a HUGE letter writing campaign? Nothing hits home worse than 1000's of pieces of paper all complaining about a single product. We supposedly have 8000+ members on the board and if even 1/2 that number send in complaints, this will drive a message home to SNK-P.

I've seen people link to a webpage in order to mass-mail organizations in the past, so I'd be down for this...

slerch666

updyke,
Last time for now.

Looking at the topic of this thread, SNK-P isn't trying to set your morals. SNK-P is putting their own morals forth. It's their product. If they want to pull the fatalities in the home versions, as I said earlier, it's their property, let them fuck it over. Don't buy it.

Is Rock Star trying to set your morals with GTA? Is Nintendo trying to set your morals with Mario? No, they simply SHOW their own morals and nothing more. I guess it can be argued that everything, from TV to Radio to Movies to Video Games, simply by the fact they can and do convey some morals are trying to sway your own morals their way. Then it wouldn't just be SNK-P guilty of trying to set morals, it's everyone.

I'm agreeing with Southtown kid, though it doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off to an extent that SNK-P would change their game.

However, if you wish to see changes you have to be willing to put forth some time money and effort, or don't put ANY money forth by NOT purchasing further SNK-P releases.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
slerch666 said:

The only way you'll get them to listen is to hurt their wallets. Since the class action suit won't happen, the next best thing is a total boycott of all SNK-P products. Fuck us with a single release, we fuck you with the rest. This would require discipline and action, 2 things this 'community' usually lacks.

i actually think that won't be too difficult this time around. The only reason a LOT of people were supporting SNKP was because of the fact they were continuing to support the MVS and AES. Because this is the last release and that it left a VERY bad taste in everyone's mouth, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the usual suspects stopped buying SNKP products.

slerch666

updyke,
Kazuki Dash said:
I've seen people link to a webpage in order to mass-mail organizations in the past, so I'd be down for this...
Have an example by chance? I don't have the web skillz to back it up, but I'm sure someone here does.

We'd also need support from other members to go through with it as well.

Kazuki Dash

I don't have any examples but if someone can figure out something, consider me in line to give Playmore hell in writing...

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Alrighty then Slerch someone cough up a FAX number and I'll be one of the first ppl on the HATE MAIL list/fax to SNKP. This sounds like a plan, so come troops let's lock & load and send em' a FAX SALVO of angst and let em' know we ain't going to buy KOF Maximum Impact, no "Ports" to the next gen systems... and they can kiss our ass for Atomiswave support as well. Or they can refund the people who need one, then to appease us release the "Actual" version with the fatalities intact, as well as giving us a few games of our choice on the MVS format for another year or two + finish up Garou: MOTW II anything other than those demands met, and it's an all out boycott on SNKP's future products but not before the FAX/EMAIL flood campagin. So what's the FAX number?

MERCENARY X99

aria

Former Moderator
SouthtownKid said:
But...

They're in the game. Just not the homecart version. The pictures from Playmore's official site showing the fatalities are in the "Arcade" section. I don't think you could make a claim of false advertising stick.

Yes, but they locked them away so that noone knows how to get them!

I could tell you a car has a car alarm, but unless you can actually use ("enjoy" to use legal palance) the thing, its not what you paid for. You expected the alarm to work and be available.

Yes, the fatalities are supposedly locked away in the programming, but they clearly weren't made usable or accessable by the user.

It completely false advertising. on a more casual leve, its like a bait-n-switch: "Oh, yeah there are fatalities in this game... (but we've locked them away so you'll never see them, effectively making them not there)."

aria

Former Moderator
slerch666 said:
Have an example by chance? I don't have the web skillz to back it up, but I'm sure someone here does.

We'd also need support from other members to go through with it as well.

See, that's thinking positive.

I'm in.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm with you guys - I think they deserve a little "return fuck you" from the fans. I still can't believe they would pull something this stupid .... :oh_no:

I might just start a poll here, so that we can send the link to whatever imbecile that thought this would be a good idea.

Kazuki Dash

I think it'd be fitting if a fax template was made that used that laughable "Thank You" they put in the manual with the retort "No Playmore, thank you...for NOTHING."