SNK MVS Mini

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
mini-combo_900x.png

Looks like Unico (the original manufacturers/distributors of the Neo Geo Mini, if I am not mistaken) is releasing a rebranded variant of the Neo Geo Mini. It retains the SNK branding, but lacks any “Neo Geo” markings from what I can see; the original MVSX had the Neo Geo logo accompanied by the SNK and Unico logos, so perhaps something has changed with this release.

Includes 45 games and ships in early January 2024.

I know most here won’t be interested, but here’s the link for those that are:

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
mini-combo_900x.png

Looks like Unico (the original manufacturers/distributors of the Neo Geo Mini, if I am not mistaken) is releasing a rebranded variant of the Neo Geo Mini. It retains the SNK branding, but lacks any “Neo Geo” markings from what I can see; the original MVSX had the Neo Geo logo accompanied by the SNK and Unico logos, so perhaps something has changed with this release.

Includes 45 games and ships in early January 2024.

I know most here won’t be interested, but here’s the link for those that are:

SNK MVSX HOME ARCADE​

Your Official Retro Gaming Destination! Licensed retro arcade machine with 50 pre-installed NEOGEO games, including METAL SLUG, KOF fighters, Street Fighter, and Street Fighter 2. Elevate your gaming experience at SNK MVSX!

🤔

Also I got the $10 code and it doesn’t seem to work

🤔

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Whats the weight of it like? Is it super light? Or is is sufficiently weighted for high stakes competition?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
But... Why?
I'd rather see them rerelease the ASP without the games.
Just make it a stand alone PS5 compatible wired stick for ~$80.

Whats the weight of it like? Is it super light? Or is is sufficiently weighted for high stakes competition?
It's the same thing that we got before.
They just made it a different colour and changed the branding.

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Pretty much.
I got mine used for about $40.
Before then I really hadn't planned on buying one.
I do like the red/black colour scheme on that controller, sucks I already know it's junk.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
hahahah terrible - however, if they fix the blurry AF HDMI out from the other version we got (they won't/didn't) I'd scoop

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
This just sucks. Maybe it will get some people into/back into Neo Geo, but these things feel like those shitty multi-game devices they sell in the checkout lines at big box stores. I like the idea of Unico’s candy cab, but their stuff generally just feels cheap and zero heart/effort.

HellioN

20 Year Member
This just sucks. Maybe it will get some people into/back into Neo Geo, but these things feel like those shitty multi-game devices they sell in the checkout lines at big box stores. I like the idea of Unico’s candy cab, but their stuff generally just feels cheap and zero heart/effort.
I don't know about the MVSX but the R1 & ASP feel pretty solid to me.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Whomever did the photoshop for those stock images needs to find a different job. Yikes.

Meh. Same as before.

Just give us a high quality bartop that has all the released games on it. That I will buy.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, they’re fuckin’ awful. Like, they’re not even trying to try.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
In defense of folks who are bad with Photoshop, it's very much a bad throwaway gag. Not even worth putting in the effort, really. Kind of like this iteration of the product.