SNK games on PSP

Merz

n00b
First post, sup?

I got a PSP for xmas and lately I've been really enjoying Fatal Fury on my Saturn. I was reading a few reviews by the big game sites about the SNK games on PSP and they all got mediocre reviews. I assume you guys know best so I came here.

How are the King of the Fighters and Samurai Shodown compilations? I only intend on playing single player. My biggest concerns are how the controls handle and the slow down but I'd like to hear what you think of these 2 games overall. If anyone has any PSP recommendations I'm listening.

Merry chistmas happy holidays.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I own Samurai Showdown collection and there is only slight loding times between rounds. In game is pretty decent. What model PSP do you have? I have tested it on a PSP3000

Merz

n00b
1000. Load times don't bother me too much unless I just keep losing in a fighting game.

Dazz_Kyo

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Great topic, i to was thinking the same about Samurai Shodown. Being a Neo fan i still think i will pick it up anyways.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I can really recommend Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP!

Loading times suck but the gameplay/port/grfx are great!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
yea they should have held out and included Metal Slug XX

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Its good but i just hate playing the fighting games on it, gives me finger cramp.

thumb stick at a weird position and the d pad isn't much better.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Its good but i just hate playing the fighting games on it, gives me finger cramp.

thumb stick at a weird position and the d pad isn't much better.

I hate the thumbstick as well. It feels terribly sloggy.

The shoulder buttons are horrible to use in-game too....

SGGG2

n00b
Samurai Shodown anthology played just like the neo-eo ROMS on my PSP. I have a 1000, though. My d-pad is crap.

emdkay

n00b
How has nobody mentioned SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 on psp? It's 16 great games in one package... can't wait for volume 2.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
How has nobody mentioned SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 on psp? It's 16 great games in one package... can't wait for volume 2.

The botched sound on Samurai Shodown and the lag in Shock Troopers makes me want to punch a baby. Should volume 2 come out, I hope they get it right the second time around.

Although the PSP is aweful for fighting games, I still think it beats the DS or GBA, and even though that thumbstick isn't for everyone, at least it gives you a choice between that and the D Pad (I used the latter).

Although the PSP is aweful for fighting games, I still think it beats the DS or GBA, and even though that thumbstick isn't for everyone, at least it gives you a choice between that and the D Pad (I used the latter).

Now that I think about it, try Guilty Gear out...It's not SNK, but it is REALLY good, and even comes with an extra side scrolling beat 'em up game ala Final Fight. ...and you can get it for around $10 now... You won't be disappointed!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'd have to say the D-pad on a PSP2000 is pretty good. Most specials register with no problem as long as I don't try to go through the directional presses too fast. The game with the most demanding register would be the original Street Fighter, and even that I can get it to work about 70% of the time (compared to like, 20% on the original arcade cabinet).

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I'd have to say the D-pad on a PSP2000 is pretty good. Most specials register with no problem as long as I don't try to go through the directional presses too fast. The game with the most demanding register would be the original Street Fighter, and even that I can get it to work about 70% of the time (compared to like, 20% on the original arcade cabinet).

QFT about the PSP-2000 d-pad. I was playing SF2CE on capcom classics reloaded and felt the control was fairly decent. It is much better then the wii classic controller and the street fighter 4 pads for the 360.