SNK advertising (motorsport etc)

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I found this image a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone else knows of other sports or industries that SNK had used for advertising during their heyday. Pictures would be great.

Also, does anyone know further information about this photo? What category of motorsport (250cc, 500cc) was it?

AudTMo0.jpg

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
チーム・シンスケ(TEAM SHINSUKE)は、島田紳助が中心となり、ベテランレーシングライダー千石清一を鈴鹿8時間耐久ロードレース(鈴鹿8耐)で走らせるために1985年に結成された、オートバイのレーシングチームである。1986年から1995年までの10年間、鈴鹿8時間耐久ロードレース(鈴鹿8耐)を中心に参戦し、活動を止めていたが、2011年に一度限りの復活を行った。

概要編集
最初の10年間
1985年、以前より親交のあったベテランレーシングライダー・千石清一を「自分たちの力で走らせてあげたい」との思いと、千石の「(その日鈴鹿で)絶対泣ける」の一言を信じ、鈴鹿8耐への参戦を目的として結成された。メンバーは紳助の高校生時代の同級生である「土建屋よしゆき」や、消防士である「ファイヤーやっこ」、紳助とオーストラリアツーリングを共にした「ナオ」など、紳助とプライベートで親交がある者が中心となった。なお、チーム設立時のメンバーにはライダーの千石を除き、紳助を含めてレーシングチームの運営などに関与した経験のある者は一人もいなかった。

初参戦となった1986年は予選で好位置につけながらも途中リタイヤ、1987年は予選落ちを喫するなど苦戦が続いたが、1988年に初の完走を果たしてからは安定して成績を残し、純粋なプライベートチームの中でも上位の成績を残すまでになっていった。1980年代後半はバブル景気の真っ只中であり、鈴鹿8耐にも多くの芸能人やスポーツ選手が「お飾り監督」として参戦していたが、代表としてチーム名に「シンスケ」の名はあるものの、紳助自身は芸能人としてではなく、あくまで一個人として真摯に鈴鹿8耐に参加していた。紳助自らが企画書を手にスポンサー集めに奔走し、サーキットでも真剣にレースに取組む姿は、参戦を重ねるごとに他のエントラントからも評価されていった。

1994 大阪賢治
田村圭二 ホンダRVF/RC45
(SNK) 27 12 14
1995 大阪賢治
田村圭二 ホンダRVF/RC45
(SNK) 27 12 14

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Team Shinsuke is (TEAM SHINSUKE), was formed in 1985 in order to Shimada Shinsuke play a central role, run Suzuka 8 hours endurance road race (Suzuka 8) the veteran racing rider Sengoku Seiichi, in the racing team of motorcycle some. 10 years from 1986 to 1995, and participated in the center Suzuka 8 hours endurance road race (Suzuka 8), had stopped the activity, but it was the revival of one-time in 2011.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I found this image a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone else knows of other sports or industries that SNK had used for advertising during their heyday. Pictures would be great.

Also, does anyone know further information about this photo? What category of motorsport (250cc, 500cc) was it?

AudTMo0.jpg

750cc, Suzuka 8hrs runner. SNK Sponsored Team Shinsuke from '93-'95. HRC.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
WTF? Is that the best looking bitch they could find!?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Jajaja! She's not built SNK tough.

Needs moar boooooobs.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I wonder how much that swimsuit and umbrella would go for.

I bet it would be a lot more than that Neo-Geo World carpet, just because it was a Neo item that came into direct contact with breasts and pussy.

(Sorry Rot, putting carts on your junk doesn't have the same effect.)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'd hit it and don't front, you probably would too.

Not gonna front-I wouldn't hit it from the front.

I would powerslide right into her rear tire barrier...like a real Riding Hero.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
SNK used to sponsor a Taekwondo demo group called the Korean Tigers, who were known for acrobatic kicks....real life Kim Kaphwans so to speak. An old taekwondo school around my old neighborhood in Chicago had pictures of them around their door and you could see the Japanese SNK Neo Geo logo on their uniforms. However, I can't for the life of me find any pictures of those uniforms online. :(

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
SNK used to sponsor a Taekwondo demo group called the Korean Tigers, who were known for acrobatic kicks....real life Kim Kaphwans so to speak. An old taekwondo school around my old neighborhood in Chicago had pictures of them around their door and you could see the Japanese SNK Neo Geo logo on their uniforms. However, I can't for the life of me find any pictures of those uniforms online. :(

Hey thanks heaps for that info! Something for me to keep an eye out for.

It surprises me that more advertising and sponsorship didnt occur, or perhaps rather that the info is hard to come by nowadays.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Team Shinsuke is (TEAM SHINSUKE), was formed in 1985 in order to Shimada Shinsuke play a central role, run Suzuka 8 hours endurance road race (Suzuka 8) the veteran racing rider Sengoku Seiichi, in the racing team of motorcycle some. 10 years from 1986 to 1995, and participated in the center Suzuka 8 hours endurance road race (Suzuka 8), had stopped the activity, but it was the revival of one-time in 2011.

Thanks very much wataru! That info is great, where did you find this?

Do you know of other teams/sports that received SNK sponsorship?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I have a better picture of the bike somewhere

*edit here we go. The dirty things I would do for this bike...

october003edited9ee_zps17830e89.jpg

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks very much wataru! That info is great, where did you find this?

Do you know of other teams/sports that received SNK sponsorship?

Google-fu is strong, for great titty justice!

I just zoomed in on the SNK logo on her swimsuit, and googled 'Team Shinsuke'.

Wish I knew of different sponsorships...I'm sure SNK had more; they were *rollin* in the ¥, circa '96.

VT told me what they cleared one year on KoF '97-and I nearly fainted. I mean, this formerly going concern (SNK) had a theme park.

Let that sink in.

An ever lovin' THEME PARK.

Its a sure bet, that they had their livery on more than a bowling jacket or two.

powerflower

Banned
WTF? Is that the best looking bitch they could find!?

First of all not all women are bitches (like YOU)! Second, pls post your face and body and of course your "big" schlong...oh and what about personality which you obviously don't have. Long time no see pussy, right;)

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That bike is absolutely killer!

It's one of my regrets that I missed the SNK theme park when I visited Japan many years back.

Did anyone here get to the theme parks before they closed?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
First of all not all women are bitches (like YOU)! Second, pls post your face and body and of course your "big" schlong...oh and what about personality which you obviously don't have. Long time no see pussy, right;)

I'd like to see pictures of your schlong, too.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Snapped some quick pics this morning of Shinsuke's Last Run in 1995.

bkRo6dh.jpg

vl44len.jpg

CKZis1z.jpg

LlCXeqU.jpg

I had that pic of the ladies on my old site, but I cant find the original pic anymore. The Team Shinsuke SNK stuff is hard to find. I came across a pit crew uniform some years ago, but I think the auction went too high so I didn't get it.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wuuut? That's pretty cool. You should do some scans NTM!

SSS

neo retired
I have a better picture of the bike somewhere

*edit here we go. The dirty things I would do for this bike...

october003edited9ee_zps17830e89.jpg

WTF. There's a Neo Geo edition RC30? The RC30 is already one of the most collectible Hondas ever built. Only a hundred or so were sent here as they were hand assembled by HRC. A standard one in HRC livery is gonna set you back 35K+