slowdown in Metal Slug 2

Predator

Crazed MVS Addict
I know there is a slowdown on the MVS Metal Slug 2, but is the AES version just as slow? And is it really worth the $300 or is MSX better? (i have the PSX port and i like it)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Naturally it is worth $300, because if you don't own rare homecarts, your life is worthless.

Make sure it has an ngf-usa stamp on it as well, since it will surely appreciate in value!

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Sometimes those slowdowns actually help dodging bullets when you're fighting a boss. :eek_2:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
'bullet time' was around a long time before Max payne.

jindo said:
Sometimes those slowdowns actually help dodging bullets when you're fighting a boss. :eek_2:

I concur! *Metal Slug II is a great game man, don't let a little slow down be the deciding factor in not purchasing it, and MSX is nothing more than an over glorified REMIX of MS II anyhow, but if you like the extra attention on the Aliens vs. the military nemesis of Mordern's rebel army, then I guess questions would have to be answered. ---If not for the slow down, like in particular parts of Last Resort and Shock Troopers II a person might never beat the game. It helps more than it detracts in MS II.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If it wasn't for the slowdown, I would like MS2 better than X... or at the very least, just as much. X is good, and did things well, but I wished they would have done things differently.

I think the game costs more than that on AES, and no, I don't think it's worth it at all.

Spike